Necropolis ending

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Necropolis ending

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

I actually got a posative ending for Necropolis. Heh. I never thought it was even possible. Maybe it was because I not only fixed the water pump, but I also did the quest for Set?
One day...
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

I think I got that my first time.
The one where Necropolis goes on the rediscover engineering, right?

I really bent over backwards to fix that dump.
Mailbox Man!
Yar.
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

Heh. Yeah. usually, they just get wiped out by the Master's army.
One day...
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

You know I don't think I've ever gotten the negative ending.
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Zbyram »

bloodbathmaster2 wrote:I actually got a posative ending for Necropolis. Heh. I never thought it was even possible. Maybe it was because I not only fixed the water pump, but I also did the quest for Set?
Nope, it has to do with repairing the pump and the time you reach Necropolis. Basically if you want the happy ending don't do many quests or operations in the Brotherhood before getting the water chip.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

you just can't set foot in the Necropolis after a certain period of time, or the game will load the Master's army of death. :cry:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

Now that's one I've never got.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

isnt there something about the small group of supermuties at the water shed that plays into necropolis being destroyed?
Zbyram
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Zbyram »

Strapon2 wrote:isnt there something about the small group of supermuties at the water shed that plays into necropolis being destroyed?
No, they don't count. It's the invasion army that destroys the Necropolis later on. It doesn't matter if you kill Harry and his crew.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

oh, ok.
i could have sworn that that had something to do with it.

how do you get the good ending? something like killing the mutant base at least 2 weeks after entering necropolis?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Mutant attack: Enter Necropolis after 110 days have passed or 30 days after killing all the super mutants at the watershed.
Dehydration: Take the chip, don't fix the pump.
Maintain water pump: Take the chip, fix the pump.

yea.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

so all you have to do is go there and never return after getting the chip and fixing the water pump...
not that tough :wink:
trythebill
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by trythebill »

I went at 67 days, killed all the mutants then fixed the pump and took the chip. Did't do anything for Set, destroyed the military base 30 days later. got the positive ending.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

bbill wrote:I went at 67 days, killed all the mutants then fixed the pump and took the chip. Did't do anything for Set, destroyed the military base 30 days later. got the positive ending.
atoga wrote:Mutant attack: Enter Necropolis after 110 days have passed or 30 days after killing all the super mutants at the watershed.
Dehydration: Take the chip, don't fix the pump.
Maintain water pump: Take the chip, fix the pump.

yea.
Grifman
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Grifman »

What's really funny is you can do everything to save Necropolis on a timely basis. But you can still go there after the time period and find the mutant army there, having wiped out everything. But you still get the good ending if I remember correctly, LOL!

That said, I always save Necropolis, then go back and wipe out the mutant army - to get double experience points! Points for fixing their pump and points for wiping out the mutants.

Grifman
baby ghoul
SDF!
SDF!

Post by baby ghoul »

Talking about Set's quest : if you do not take that quest ( to wipe out the muties ) , but you do it anyway, because you are too dumb to talk them around and pass them by. After you just tell Set that you killed the muties, he will give you your ridiculous present, but no XP. So it's better to take the quest anyway for XP and tell him that he can KEEP his "present" in that stinky fridge.

And there is also explaination for happy ending of Necropolis even if its wiped out by Master's Army. They just know how to hide themselves in the sewers so that stupid mutants can not find them all.
the life never stops... the rebirth continues...
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

But the ghouls in the sewars were also wipped out.
Our Host!