Fallout 3 FAQ Version 0.4

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Hokkien
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Hokkien »

Hey Wait a minute, I go to the Interplay boards, and here, and I'm not retarded... I think.

I'm happy they aren't implementing Ghouls and Muties... Its just too munkchinish. For the reasons they are though... :oops:, Hey, technically, can't joinable NPCs do as much as the PC can? If so, If I can get a joinable Mutant in my party, how much is he going to be limited. Hah, I'll be he'll be clipping the walls ALL OVER THE PLACE.
The Dual Wielding Dr. Grip/Chop Stick Freak!
swordinstone
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by swordinstone »

I wouldnt mind them as a playable race, but they would need their own storyline. Thats something I'd like to see, but prob asking too much.
Against the grain
That where I'll stay
Swimmin up stream...
I maintain against the grain!
Langy
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Langy »

swordinstone - I have the same exact feeling as you. If they were going to have the same exact storyline for supermutants as they would for humans, then the story could not have been very good at all, in my opinion.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Hokkien wrote:Hey Wait a minute, I go to the Interplay boards, and here, and I'm not retarded... I think.
Aren't you the one that wrote the KOTOR review?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bulldog
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Bulldog »

This is good news, I don't think multiple races would be a good idea.
pnutz
SDF!
SDF!

trying to ignore the flamers

Post by pnutz »

This is the first time I've read the VanBuren FAQ so excuse me if I'm on well-trampled ground.

The combat system improvements (besides the RT/TB stuff) look excellent. The HTH is being beefed up to attack multiple enemies. The ranged combat won't turn into an eyeshot fest; you'll concentrate more on crippling limbs. Bullets will be rarer. Joy. Your NPC's are still computer controlled in combat, but you can move them around when you're out of combat (in case they get stuck somewhere, I'm guessing). They also sound like they have more personality (attacking the things they hate on sight). I don't like the "control the NPC's fully if your speech is high enough" thing (just getting too complicated, stick to the basics).

They'll be utilizing all of the skills more (hopefully).

They won't be wasting their time making the toolset end-user-friendly (IMHO a good idea; more time spent on the real F3).

The Jefferson engine looks nice for a 3D engine (from the single screenshot I've seen of it).

Alternate means of transportation probably means we'll get a helicopter or something other than land-based (ick).

No talking animals. Very few pop culture references. No enclave. It's rated M. I am happy.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Ah, pnutz, you misunderstand the CNPC control here. Given a sufficiently high speech skill, you can actually control them in combat. Direct orders with a speech roll to determine if they'll obey.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

it better be nothing more than what you could actually yell to them.

like you couldnt tell them to do crazy stuff telepathicly, they should make most of their descitions on their own. even if that is to burst fire into your back.
pnutz
SDF!
SDF!

Post by pnutz »

That's what I thought they meant, and that's what I don't like. It's nice to see the speech skill have some more uses, but I didn't want any DIRECT control over party members--with any skill. I however am not a game designer, just a fool.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

but i hope they remember that the combat should not be the most important part of the game.
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

spyder07 wrote:Yeah it just sounds like laziness to me. Hey with all the money they'll make from FOBOS, Interplay can give BI all the animators they want!
Actually, with all the money they're going to make from Fallout Enforcer, they're going to make Fallout Enforcer 2. Guess what, it's already in pre-production because IPLY thinks Fallout Enforcer will sell like hotcakes.
------------------
Odin
Respected
Respected

Post by Odin »

Saint_Proverbius wrote:Actually, with all the money they're going to make from Fallout Enforcer, they're going to make Fallout Enforcer 2. Guess what, it's already in pre-production because IPLY thinks Fallout Enforcer will sell like hotcakes.
Damn this title is going to ruin Fallout...
/me wonders what the hell is going on in the heads of these people..
Webmaster@NMA
Bridgeburner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bridgeburner »

Odin wrote: /me wonders what the hell is going on in the heads of these people..
monay
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I think shouting orders in combat is good. It's not direct control, but offers more flexible combat. And if the enemy does it to you can counter and stuff O HOW FOTTY

I'm glad they haven't implemented different races, it doesn't make any sense. I don't think it takes much work to change the sprites and add different special values, mabye the thing that would take longest would be adding dialouge to certain npcs. But what else do you want? 'waaah ther lazy for not putting 3 brand new set of quests and playing experiences'? If you want you can simulate being a sm or ghoul by messing around with your special and being a child killer or something. And it's a stupid idea anyway (multiple races | ) )C===8 ) )

Also, why do people keep whining how psychotic we are? Wow, because we're a community and have different opinions? It might seem a little schizophrenic, but mabye a community is made up of different people with different personalitys? Mabye it's a bit to negative, but I'm guessing if doom 3 was some shitty shooter that was nothing like the previous games old-school fans wouldn't be happy mabye? Or if star-craft released some fps on a console. Or if x-com got to be a third-person shooter.

LOL WAIT...

D: wat
:chew:
Sammael
Regular
Regular

Post by Sammael »

No, it's because you are psychotic...
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »