Children of Shadows Campaign

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
MoRkA
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by MoRkA »

We're here because we're been having strange dreams. All of us, and it's the same dream all is having. It's creeping me out. The dream goes like this... He starts explaning the dream.
This is a signature ...
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Are the dreams all the same? :?: If they are different, Talon describes the differences.

Talon speaks up, And you know that an eagle is my families totem. Talon fingers the claw around his neck. I found that part a little disturbing that my family totem has turned against me! :?
I support everyones right to make a fool of themselves.:chainsaw:

I just wish I didn't do it so often.
:yikes:
MoRkA
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by MoRkA »

Oops, I did'nt think of that possibility, danfery
This is a signature ...
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

All your dreams are the same. Which adds another quite disturbing fact to it.

Dungals listens attentively, thinks for a moment and then speaks: The fact that you all had the same dream must mean that someone or something has set a goal for you all. What, who, when or how I can' t tell. It seems it has something to do with the Ancients or at least a place where Ancients roamed. As for what, I honestly must say that I don' t know. Maybe..... He pauses one moment and then turns to Darran. Hey Darran, didn' t you need some folks to travel to the Burton tribe? 'Cause I think we might have some volunteers. He smiles at all of you.

Arlen comes up and serves you all some food, mostly fish and cooked vegetables, and some more Bursch. Hope you all like it.

Darran examines all of you as if judging you to be worthy of this task. Then he starts to bellow out in laughter again. Fine, fine, they' ll do. That is if they want to?
He who keeps the old akindled and adds new knowledge is fit to be a teacher.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

I would be honored to go.

Fenix
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Fenix »

Thank you so much for the food
I think we would all be more than happy to go
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

It would be an honor to go, Dungald, thank you very much, says Mordecai, devouring the food. Where is the Burton tribe that you speak of? And what exactly have you deduced, Dungald, from these... strange dreams?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
MoRkA
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by MoRkA »

I want to go, aswell, Durag.
This is a signature ...
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

The Burton tribe is situated not far from here to the south. You all must have been there when you were just mere children. Maybe that' s why you don' t remember it that well. Dungald smiles.

The Burton tribe guards our dorming guardian spirit; Old Ben Nevis, and our revered ancestors, burried in it' s embrace. Darran will tell you what your mission will be.

As you arrive there, make sure you go see the High-priest and shaman, Sharlen Red Spear. He is the expert on dreams and Ancient lore, his father taught me all I know now, but still he seems to know quite a bit more than any other shaman of the 9 Nevis tribes. Where his knowlegde comes from I don' t know. Some say he is favored by the Earth Mother.

Don' t forget to send him my regards too.

Darran continues where Dungald left. As you all know, the feast of Nu-Yeer is coming and it is a custom for every tribe to make an offering to the Mother, the Guardian, the Ancestors and the Earth Spirits. This is why you all have to go there.

Our tribe is sending some Wulfhides, tools and some food for the offerings. You don' t have to stay there for the feast if you don' t want to, but most of the people bringing offerings do so, to enjoy themselves a while before returning. But with these dreams of yours, I too advice you to go see the High-priest. But know that he' ll want something in return, maybe a task or something since that is customary.

I hope you' re not changing your minds already?
Again he starts to laugh loudly.

If you' re still planning to go I' ll give you some directions and a little map. Oh, and you each get to hold a Wulfhide vest. Alright?

All who wish to go, meet me here tomorow morning with your gear.

If you feel like looking for some additional gear, go see Dill. He' s the hunting overseer as you all know. But don' t get rough with him, he' ll knock you out before you know it. He seems somewhat moody these days too.

If you' re in need of herbs and medicine... well you all know. Check either with Willard or Dungald.

Oh, perhaps you can also check on Arch. He used to travel a lot before he got crippled. He might give you some advice on venturing outside the tribes territorry.

As for now, enjoy your meal, lads.

Dungald interrupts Mordecai for a moment: Did you see Willard already? If not, come by at sunset. There are still some things I' d like to teach you before you leave. Having said that he continues eating.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Is the wulfhide vest for our characters, or part of the offering?

After the meal, Talon heads heads on over to see Dill.

I am one of the chosen to go to the Burton tribe. I want to get some supplies.

Fenix
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Fenix »

Also, is the wulfhide armour? And is this campaign taking place in Europe??

Hans thanks Dungald and Darran and quickly follows Talon to go see Dill.

I also am on the journey of going to the Burton tribe and am in need of more supplies
tinuveri
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by tinuveri »

Ryo thanks Darran and Dungald for the food and advice and follows Talon to see Dill.
[/b]
ты говориш говно
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

You can each have a Wulfhide 'armor' vest in addition to the ones you' re supposed to deliver. I' ll post description on the group soon and a map also.

You meet Dill outside of his hut, inspecting some weapons. He is a tall and muscular man and bears the scars of many fights. He grumbles as he sees you.

What? Can' t you see I' m busy right now. One of the younger hunters broke this fine bow and now Dill can repear it. Sure, that' s what he' s here for, ain' t it. Did your spearpoint came off? Bring it to Dill. Broke your bow? Let' s just bring it to Dill! Sometimes I wished they hadn' t made me the Hunting overseer. With that he throws away the bow he tried to mend.

And now you lads come asking me to supply you some gear? He picks up a waterskin and drinks hastilly.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Wulfhide armor vest is same like robes described in the rulebook, except weight is 5lbs.

You all have a stone knife which does 2 less damage than normal weapons would. Sorry, I forgot this.

Last edited by Calal on Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Well, yeah. Thats what we were told to do! So the sooner we get our supplies, the less you have to put up with our ugly faces! Talon says with a smile, used to Dill complaining.

Well, can you help us out? I need some supplies, can't do much with just this knife. And I got this vest, but it is a gift, so it won't do me any good.

Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

Hmm, I suppose your right. Well that Wulfhide still might save you.

Ok, let's see.
Dill enters his shack. You can hear him searching through all kinds of stuff, occasionally swearing when he tips something over, and then hurling it across the room. For a moment there' s a silence, and then Dill comes out, carrying all sort of weapons and gear in his arms, which he puts in front of you on the ground.

Well there you go. It' s not much, but it' s all I can spare for the moment. You' ll have to make out amongst the six of you who' ll be taking what.

Amongst the equipement you find:

-2 wooden bows
-2 leather quivers, each holding 25 arrows
-a sling
-3 stone axes
-3 leather slingbags (can hold 200 lbs)
-a hemp rope (10yards long)
-2 times a pair of flintstones
-8 torches (light for 2 hours/torch)
-6 leather waterflasks
-a waterskin that comes with a belt (can hold a gallon)
-a couple of wooden wedges and snares (enough to make 3 animal traps)
danferry
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by danferry »

Talon looks at the stuff. He takes a leather waterflask, a torch, and enogh wedges and snares for one trap.

I have traps tagged. The wulfhide vests that were given to us, are they the gifts or the armor?

How are we to distribute the rest of this stuff? I would like one of the bows, but I will settle for that sling. What do you guys think?

Are there certain things that were supplied for tagged skills? I noticed the wedges and snares for traps, and I thought that either the waterskin and/or flintstones were for outdoorsman.

atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Mordecai isn't one for weapons, so he'll let everyone else take what they like and he'll carry what's left.

Thank you, thank you, says Mordecai, after he recieves the gear. Now, I will resume my dreaming and I will meet you when the time is right, tomorrow. Mordecai walks off into the night, goes back into his shelter, and promptly goes to sleep.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Calal
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Calal »

The Wulfhide vest that was given to you is your armor, so let' s call it Wulfhide Armor from now on. The day hereafter you will get the suplies for the offering at Darran' s place. There will be more Wulfhide Vests, but these are the ones that are part for the offering. So you can keep the one each of you got. Sorry to confuse you.

Wooden bows for Small Guns
Axes for Melee
Traps for....well....Traps
Flintstones for Outdoorsman

And for the rest you use somewhat common sense. Oh, better grab something to put those snares and wedges in. ;)

I' ll post the character asap in the group so you can have an idea who does what best and the likes.
MoRkA
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by MoRkA »

I would lika an axe, a bow an snares for traps, he says.

I've tagged small arms, melee and traps. Is it alright for you if i take what I said?
This is a signature ...
Our Host!