why did you pick your nick?

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

why did you pick your nickname??

nobody used it
13%
suits me
21%
don´t know
13%
other:please state
47%
just because
5%

Total votes: 38

BullDozer
SDF!
SDF!

Post by BullDozer »

I was playing Diablo2, and i created a barbarian, with which i was planning to go Lance/WW. And i had to figure out a name, and i thought of BullDozer, because that's what he'd be. And the nick sounded good, and stuck.
--
"The unity will bring about the master race, one able to survive, or even THRIVE in the wasteland. We need one race, one gold, one people to move forward to our destiny."
Elanire
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by Elanire »

OnTheBounce wrote:
Bishop wrote:OTB: You were in the army? Salute! 8) Actually, what was it like to be a soldier?
You missed the threads I talked about it back at old DaC?

Let's just say I was happy to get out when I did, even if I wouldn't trade it for anything. :wink:

OTB
My dad says he hated it in the army, and he was really glad to get out. But then, I think the main reason he resented it was that he wanted to spend that time with his family instead.

Oh, and did I tell you how much your sig cracks me up?
Sorry, guys, I already have a boyfriend.
When you wear Mandalorian armor, no one can see you weep.
Elanire
The Unlucky SDF!
The Unlucky SDF!

Post by Elanire »

Sorry, double post. :oops:
Sorry, guys, I already have a boyfriend.
When you wear Mandalorian armor, no one can see you weep.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Elanire wrote: My dad says he hated it in the army, and he was really glad to get out. But then, I think the main reason he resented it was that he wanted to spend that time with his family instead.
Yeah, families are a pain in the arse that way. Always wanting you to spend time w/them, etc. It really is something of a bother, if you ask me. :mrgreen:

There's probably a big difference between being in the Norwegian armed forces and the US armed forces, though. As much as US cultural imperialism rankles me, the global presence does lend itself to some nifty travel opportunities. I got to see the Middle East, and Asia as well as places in the US that I'd never have gone to willingly. Not to mention that I got to play with all sorts of nifty gadgets that I'd have otherwise only seen in exhibitions or up on the silver screen. My biggest regret: not having taken a mid-tour leave and gone to Ozland while I was in Korea.

My main gripe was the politicking.
Elanire wrote:Oh, and did I tell you how much your sig cracks me up?
Which one? The one about bestial orgasms or N. Portman's nipples? :mrgreen:

BTW, has the leg mended yet, foul temptress? :)

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Jimbo san
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Jimbo san »

My nick is the most pointless one I could come up with when registering.
Jimbo - Jimbo from South Park (Gun store guy)
San - no real reason.
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Tool

Post by Forty-six & Two »

Forty-six & Two is a Tool track from the CD Aenima. Picked it cuz it Sounds cool and because I like the meaning of the lyrics for it.
This is Gonna Hurt
Respected
Respected

Post by This is Gonna Hurt »

If you've seen scream2 you can guess....if not, I'll lay it out...

In the beginning of Scream2 people are going to a movie that was
made based on the events of Scream. The movie was called 'STAB.' and, on the poster was the subtitle "This is gonna hurt." When I read that the first time I nearly rolled off the couch laughing (yes, the couch...you think I'd shell out $7 to see that piece of crap?).
I'm not evil, I just like making things explode

"...It IS hard to speak with six inches of knife sticking out of your face. They mostly just gurgle. And bleed." Black Mage
War Bringer
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller
Location: Eden Facility 3 Project: Sigma (Testing) In.The.Center.Of.The.Storm

Post by War Bringer »

off topic, nice avatar ... this is gonna hurt.... it's just weird having to type "this is gonna to hurt" everytime i reply to something addressing you... 8O

i liked the sound of those Native American Indian names, like Wind Walker... or Horse Rider... or Big Foot... or something...

and i did conversions on Warhammer40k figures at the time, so War Bringer came out of it all... plus the reason i gave in the earlier pages of the post... Damn GSI log-in...
"...Half a man's corpse laid on the hallway floor starring at itself,
probably wondering what had happened to the rest of his body..."
- Brothers Of The Dark

Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

This is Gonna Hurt wrote:If you've seen scream2 you can guess....if not, I'll lay it out...
Isn't that Scream 3? :?
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
keeps the heart imprisoned
What the spirit seeks the mind will follow
When the body speaks all else is hollow
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

OnTheBounce wrote:
Elanire wrote: My dad says he hated it in the army, and he was really glad to get out. But then, I think the main reason he resented it was that he wanted to spend that time with his family instead.
Yeah, families are a pain in the arse that way. Always wanting you to spend time w/them, etc. It really is something of a bother, if you ask me. :mrgreen:

There's probably a big difference between being in the Norwegian armed forces and the US armed forces, though. As much as US cultural imperialism rankles me, the global presence does lend itself to some nifty travel opportunities. I got to see the Middle East, and Asia as well as places in the US that I'd never have gone to willingly. Not to mention that I got to play with all sorts of nifty gadgets that I'd have otherwise only seen in exhibitions or up on the silver screen. My biggest regret: not having taken a mid-tour leave and gone to Ozland while I was in Korea.

My main gripe was the politicking.
Elanire wrote:Oh, and did I tell you how much your sig cracks me up?
Which one? The one about bestial orgasms or N. Portman's nipples? :mrgreen:

BTW, has the leg mended yet, foul temptress? :)

OTB
Every mirror has two sides. But I was also wondering about the gay thing in army. Is it really as serious as we've heard or just hype?
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Bishop wrote: But I was also wondering about the gay thing in army. Is it really as serious as we've heard or just hype?
What exactly do you mean by "the gay thing"? :?

OTB
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

Like new comers are force to perform some gay act to "satisfy" their seniors? Or some Sadism like seen on tv?

Sorry for asking, coz I don't really know anything about the army.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Bishop wrote:Like new comers are force to perform some gay act to "satisfy" their seniors? Or some Sadism like seen on tv?
Damn! When did this happen?! It seems I really missed out on some great stuff! :lol:

I'm sure things like that have happened and are still happening. However, I never saw anything like that. We used to kid "FNGs" ("Fucking New Guys") AKA "Cherries" that we would use them as a "Field Bitch", and that they'd better bring plenty of Vasoline on our next training exercise, but we never forcibly sodomized any of them.

I thought you might be referring to the official policies on homosexuality, "Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Pursue" and all that.

OTB
This is Gonna Hurt
Respected
Respected

Post by This is Gonna Hurt »

War Bringer wrote:off topic, nice avatar ... this is gonna hurt.... it's just weird having to type "this is gonna to hurt" everytime i reply to something addressing you... 8O

i liked the sound of those Native American Indian names, like Wind Walker... or Horse Rider... or Big Foot... or something...

and i did conversions on Warhammer40k figures at the time, so War Bringer came out of it all... plus the reason i gave in the earlier pages of the post... Damn GSI log-in...
heh, It's a little something I found on planetblood.com and shrank to ludicrously-tiny avatar form.
I'm not evil, I just like making things explode

"...It IS hard to speak with six inches of knife sticking out of your face. They mostly just gurgle. And bleed." Black Mage
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

I'm sure things like that have happened and are still happening. However, I never saw anything like that. We used to kid "FNGs" ("Fucking New Guys") AKA "Cherries" that we would use them as a "Field Bitch", and that they'd better bring plenty of Vasoline on our next training exercise, but we never forcibly sodomized any of them.
That means it's not really that widespreading as portrayed. :)
I thought you might be referring to the official policies on homosexuality, "Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Pursue" and all that.
That's a known fact, so I'm not referring to it. :wink:
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
scotch
Regular
Regular

Post by scotch »

Well, supposedly it has been said that you are what you eat. There was a span of nearly 2 years when I rarely ate solid food. So, my friends decided that in my case, I must be what I drank. Mainly Pepsi and Scotch. Scotch being the stronger of the two, the name stuck.

And there's an event tied to that. Me drunk at a party and a girl at said party...
RAR! I am the Quarter Inch Killer, redundant Fuktard apprentice. Fear the wrath of my mighty midget foreskin!
Reply, if you're looking to get your ass QIK'ed!

Pointy Sticks! Get your nice fresh Pointy Sticks, right here!
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

Bet no one can guess why I picked my name, both of them :wink:
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

Thats some uber post digin'

Learn to read dates!
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Old, dead thread. Time to go Bruce Campbell on this zombie.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Our Host!