Star Wars ATTACK OF THE CLONES

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

George Lucas should:::

Continue making Star Wars films
24%
Go back to the Indiana Jones franchise
5%
Buy Interplay up and make a Fallout film
7%
Buy Interplay up, walk into a dark alley carrying the deeds and get beaten to death and robbed by David Fincher who goes on to make a Fallout film
38%
Eat shit and die
26%

Total votes: 42

Blazed_Ninja
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Blazed_Ninja »

8O What!!! Star Wars rocks!!! I am going to see it in 1 hour!! It will rock far more than Episode 1, the only thing that could ever make this star wars better is Ninjas flipping out.
Ninjas are cool and by cool I mean totally sweet, when not flipping out Ninjas usually fly but sometimes they stab.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

I think I'll ask you a completely random out-of-the-blue question. Have you, byany chance, been to realultimatepower.net?
Headroom
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Headroom »

:-| This expression kinda says it all.

The movie is...flat. Well, its better than Ep I. Except for one part, it did not live up to the hype. And it carries the baggage of Ep I along -JJB and the attempt at mass marketing appeal (last time was kids, this time its chicks). The movie makes a weak attempt at political satire/commentary. But on the whole it feels like old school Star Wars rudely interjected by a cheesy chick flick (as bad as the screen romance between Toby and Kirsten on Spidey)

Ep II in a nutshell = Empire Strikes Back + A New Hope + Legends of the Fall + Gladiator + Bladerunner + The Stormriders (Ekin/Aaron Kwok flick) + Legend of Buddha's Fist

Anakin (Christen Hayden) - is a total wanker. should have used DiCaprio instead. Given the character, I think the picaresque Jack Dawson from Titanic fits the cast better.

Padme (Nat Portman) - a butt kicking babelicious uber-chick. One of the movie's redemption. There's a tight white top without bra scene, like that wet tee scene in Spidey. But Nat can kick the bimbo Kristen Durst's flabby butt across the galaxy. For that metter, Ep II can still kick Spidey off the charts even when it fails to deliver.

Yoda & Windu (Sam L. Jackson) - bad ass mofo, the Darth Mauls of this season

Obi Wan (Ewan MacGregor) - Starting to behave like Alec Guiness' Obi Wan. Sounds almost like an English man.

Action scenes - feels like an old school Nintendo video game

Space Dogfight - um...

Vehicle Chase - Ep I's pod race was better

Duel scenes - Yoda and Sam. L Jackson kick mean ass

Comic relief - the droidsSome other surprises : see R2-D2 do tricks you never thought it could

Another *bleagh* -- the outright Americanization of Coruscant's urban design. Its got diners styled like the good ol American grease spoons. The influence is much too obvious.

let's hope they get Ep III right
I'm leaving this galaxy for one less complicated.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Sounds almost like an English man.
Last time I checked he was english.
Mala
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mala »

face it people

this movie
infact all the new star wars movies that have happened and will happen arent about telling a story

theyre about making money!!
as much money as they can possibly squeeze out of an old franchise thats already been done to death

star wars movies dont have to deliver to do well
they just have to have a lot of effects
explosions
jumping
slashing
more explosions
and they will rake in the money
this is cause lucas and his cohorts have figured out that people are attracted to shiny wrapping paper
and it doenst matter how crappy the gift is inside
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Kreegle wrote:
OnTheBounce wrote:(yes Kreegle, it's the Criterion Collection edition)
Good, good. I don't expect anything but the best from good old OTB :)
:wink:

Of course, this time "the best" left me scarred, Lord and Master. You see, there's an interview w/Lucas on there, shot in JAN of 2001. After the film was over I made the mistake of watching it. I swear his chin projected straight down from his face. It seems Lucas is looking a more than a bit like Jabba these days... 8O
Our_Forum_Lush wrote: Bah. 7 Samurai was way cooler. :drinking:
I don't know. Seven Samurai didn't have a haughty princess. (What can I say, I'm a sucker for an "empowered female". :oops: )

Something told me you'd take to that emoticon, Darwin. Don't know what it was, though... :wink:

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Killzig wrote: That sticking point aside, it's not so much that I love stormtroopers if not that I abhor the use of "THE FORCE" to glaze over the bits of story they don't feel like explaining/don't want to explain and just stuck in there because oh wouldn't it be cool if. That's what The Force seems like to me, the bridge for every little action/event they can't find a logical explaination for. Which is fine in short supply but to make it the crux of the fucking story. Give me a break.

Cheers.
Shades of FEV in the Fallout universe perhaps?? Old Chris A pulls that old FEV trump card out every time the Fallout canon needs shoring up...
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Headroom wrote:Anakin (Christen Hayden) - is a total wanker. should have used DiCaprio instead. Given the character, I think the picaresque Jack Dawson from Titanic fits the cast better.
Well, talking about wankers 8O Haven't seen Episode 2, but such a strong character as Darth Vader CAN NOT be a weakling swell guy like Leo!!! No way! :?
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

I've just seen Episode 2, and I don't care what anyone says, but I really enjoyed it. I'd go so far to say that it was even better than Empire Strikes Back - I'll go so far as to say it's the best Star Wars film yet. Highlights: Yoda cutting loose, Natalie's nipple scene (hurrah) and Anakin's speech about "killing the animals".

Fuck all of these movie snobs who only watch independant films - I've got my fair share of classy independant films in my DVD collection, and I love them... but every now and again I enjoy a good rollercoaster ride. If you watch the film without a clenched fist up your arse, you'll enjoy it.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I prefer Space-balls anyway.
:chew:
Follower
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Follower »

Lucas is good with his SWs, but FO film should get smt more... I like SW much, but it is more action, than smt else. I don't know, I want to see not the fighting, but some smart stuff here... If I'd had to choose, I would take FO, but Iam fan of SW too...
World of FO is coming... too fast for my liking
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Kreegle wrote:Highlights: ...Natalie's nipple scene (hurrah)...
Call me a perv if you will, but Natalie was a one sexy babe at 12.

I now have a hankering to watch The Professional...
Kreegle wrote:Fuck all of these movie snobs who only watch independant films - I've got my fair share of classy independant films in my DVD collection, and I love them... but every now and again I enjoy a good rollercoaster ride.
I guess that's not directed at me since I've got everything from Conan the Barbarian to Clerks to Stalingrad in my collection. :)
Kreegle wrote:If you watch the film without a clenched fist up your arse, you'll enjoy it.
I thought that about Episode 1. I even went back for a second viewing, just to make sure I didn't miss something. (I fell asleep during the Pod Race that time. :lol: ) I suppose I'll eventually break down and see it. Of course, it will be in the privacy of my own home and on a borrowed DVD.

Okay, a couple of more posts, then today's movie fest continues. This morning it was The Sand Pebbles, next will be...drum roll, please...Escape from New York.

OTB
Mikey
Regular
Regular

Post by Mikey »

ewan is sco'ish, not bri'ish.

killzig, no one was allowed any freedom of any kind (except maybe breathing freedom, and i'm not exactly certain about that either). they could keep on breathing for as long as they obeyed. that could qualify as a fascist regime. sure.

episode I was a awful. i'm confident in II's enjoyment level though. the three original ones were awesome (except for the ewoks, who they should've used only for that spin-off.)

just two nights ago, i went to see this movie called Donnie Darko. it rocks.

goodnight.
nein! das ist verboten, goddammit!
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

I decided to go get wasted this weekend instead. Can't go wrong ..
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

Kreegle wrote:Natalie's nipple scene (hurrah)
Heheh, so I wasn't the only one who saw that part, Kreegle? I just wish she ran around a bit more, those things bounce!

I saw it about....15 hours ago (sue me, I was asleep so couldn't gloat). I enjoyed it, as it filled in alot of the gaps with the plot (mainly designs of ships and stuff)

Although, at the end the first thing I said was "Lucas has to stop directing". But I guess its popular demand whether he stops or not
Cameron Hobson
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Cameron Hobson »

Hate me for saying this, but Episode II rocked. (Just as a side note, Episode I was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It's horrible.)

Anakin could have been acted a bit better, but that was fine.

The romance in the first half was a little bit overkill, but whatever.

The action was great.

We finally (WARNING!!!! SPOILER AHEAD!!!!) find out where the Death Star designs came from.

We know WHAT sparked the Clone Wars now.

Yoda ain't no cripple. Wow he's good.

All in all, I liked the movie. I don't know what to say right now, because it's almost two AM, and I'm still watching it over and over in my mind.
Stop Fallout Fantasy! Click here!
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

Kreegle wrote: Fuck all of these movie snobs who only watch independant films - I've got my fair share of classy independant films in my DVD collection, and I love them... but every now and again I enjoy a good rollercoaster ride. If you watch the film without a clenched fist up your arse, you'll enjoy it.
I enjoy both mainstream and independant cinema, so I've got a foot in both camps... The one thing that grips my shit most about Hollywood is that 'turd in a can' attitude where they treat the movie watching public as idiots who'll sit pay to sit through 2 hours of any lame crap if it contains hot star X, a tie in to a previous movie/book/comic we liked and $100 million worth special effects!

BTW - I know a few people would pay good money to watch a movie with a fist up their arses, but UK cinemas tend to frown on movie goers doing anything except guzzling over-priced popcorn and cola...
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

OnTheBounce wrote:I've got everything from Conan the Barbarian...
Ooer - the special edition of that was just released here the other day... I'm on the hunt for it even now, as I type. Consider me jealous!
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

I just watchewd it as well. It was well worth your money, but go look at the thread I made to see my feelings endeapened.
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Kreegle wrote: Ooer - the special edition of that (Conan the Barbarian) was just released here the other day... I'm on the hunt for it even now, as I type. Consider me jealous!
Special edition?! Doh! No need to be jealous, I have it on Laser Disc. :lol:

OTB
Our Host!