MechCommander 2

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

MechCommander 2

Post by Retlaw83 »

Yeah, I know it's old as shit, but I picked it up at Wal-Mart for $10 today. Probably should have shelled out $10 to get the MechWarrior 4 compilation, but still...

It's a real-time strategy game, and the basic premise is that you command up to 16 mercenary MechWarriors and their support elements. Battlefield support is called in by spending "resource points," and the in-between mission management is done using money. The resource point system is handled relatively well; it's enough of a hindrance that you have to plan their use carefully, but they aren't so stingy with the points that it's annoying.

I'm on about the sixth mission, and things seem pretty solid so far. The buying, selling and customizing of Mechs is a smooth process, and your pilots earn various skills and abilities as the game progresses. Mission briefings are delivered via FMV, which adds alot to the game despite the B-level acting.

I have yet to try out the multiplayer, but I'll probably put it on my roommate's computer and test it out tomorrow night.

Is there anybody else that has played this?
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Yea, I got it. I liked it, but I liked the original one better for some reason.
Harriers for the cup.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Purchased the first one years ago at a good price, loved it. Borrowed the second from a friend last year, and it stubbornly refused to run, persisted and updated drivers and so on, still wouldn't work - which is fucking irritating. I'll keep it in mind for the future, perhaps. :drunk:
Our Host!