Half-Life 2 or Vampire : Bloodlines?

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.

Half-Life 2
28%
Vampire : Bloodlines
72%

Total votes: 18

S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Of the two games coming out Nov. 16th.

I go with Bloodlines.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I preorder Half Life2 when i picked up GTA:SA which i didnt really intended to do(they forced me pyshically) but I thought bloodlines would come out like a month later. I'll probably end up getting both unless you can cancel preorders, but Im going to buy the game anyways so what the hell.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

You can indeed cancel preorders. I'm not buying HL2 until they make a solid TFC conversion. Until then, I refuse to pay full price to support Gabe Newell's baby flesh habit.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Neither ! WHERE IS OPTION #3 !? I'll stick with Nethack, thanks.

Cheers ! :drunk:
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Half-Life 2. DUH.

Seriously, this isn't even a contest.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

I don't have time to misery my fate of the undead right now. Please call later.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Spazmo wrote:You can indeed cancel preorders. I'm not buying HL2 until they make a solid TFC conversion. Until then, I refuse to pay full price to support Gabe Newell's baby flesh habit.
Team Fortress is being made for like every single game out there, UT2k4, Doom, etc. etc. etc.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

half life 2, though i'm expecting it to be less than the hype..
Spazmo

Post by Spazmo »

Yeah, axel, but until it's made for HL2 (and ideally by the guys who made it for HL1), Valve can bite me (lol vampire joke lol).
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yay.
Honestly, I'm more anxious to get my hands on Bloodlines than HL-2. Why? Well check this out:
Gamespot wrote:"For security/antipiracy, each copy must be authenticated via Steam during installation," Valve's Doug Lombardi told GameSpot. "After this one-time (per install) authentication is complete, an Internet connection is not required for single-player and LAN games."
So, eh, I can't install it if I don't have an internet access? But the game still has singe player mode? Whatatafuck?

It won't redeem the hype.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

but you do have internet access mate. you're on it right....................................................................................................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
............................................................................................................................................................................................
.........................................................right?

<i>EDITED by Mr. Teatime so the page width isn't too excessive.</i>
:chew:
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Spazmo wrote:Yeah, axel, but until it's made for HL2 (and ideally by the guys who made it for HL1), Valve can bite me (lol vampire joke lol).
Some of the guys who are making the Doom 3 version worked on the TFC version, you have to remember though that it was a mod, meaning of course, that it was made by a bunch of random shitheads on the internet. The original "team" probably doesn't even exist anymore. And it was even a conversion of a mod, the original being for quake 2.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Yes. But I've got friends who can't dial up and some computers that aren't plugged to the network. So = SHITZ.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

I sincerely hope Internet verification does not become the next trend in the fight to thwart thieves . . . :drunk:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

they can play it at your house, whats the problem eh

i want to play vampire: the bloodlines because i want to be kiefer sutherland and say 'there maggots david' and shit
:chew:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Blargh wrote:I sincerely hope Internet verification does not become the next trend in the fight to thwart thieves . . . :drunk:
Yeah this sounds really bad. Gaming will get expensive.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Well, should it take off take sanctuary in the certainty of counters being developed eventually. I am glad it won't affect my favourite game of all time, Nethack. Huzzah. :drunk:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Damn you and nethack
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Bloodlines. THough I'm getting both games.
Sovy Kurosei
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Sovy Kurosei »

Internet verification sucks. It is the sole reason why I did not upgrade my Half-Life to version 1.6 that infects my computer with Steam.

It is bullshit having to check if I am running a legit version of the game at every *freaking* checkpoint. Going from one complex to the next only featured a bit of stuttering before Steam, now it is a 5-6 second wait.

Apparently there is an offline version, but you have to physically disconnect yourself from the internet. Oh, and if you are like me and log yourself out of Steam while you are up in the backwoods of Northwest Territories, consider yourself shit out of luck playing your game.
Our Host!