Ah this is the 3rd time.....

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Biggie
SDF!
SDF!

Ah this is the 3rd time.....

Post by Biggie »

ok i will cut the chase. After a 2 year absence from FoT, i had a sudden urge to play it again. However upon reaching Bunker Delta, i realise i cant do any of the missions from there. Oddly enough, i can still talk to the people, but i get no mission briefings or whatsover.

upon checking my loc-mis_D.bos, i found out that the folder mission 16 - 19 was missing and 15 was badly corrupted. I tried to fix it from my disk, but its no good since the file is damaged on the disk 3. So can any kind soul is willing to supply me with the loc-mis_D.bos. This is the 3rd fallout fansite im already asking from, but response isnt very good. And there arent many FO fansites left.....

So anyone willing to supply me with file via MSN ? I have nothing to offer but a nice thank you. :chew:
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Ah this is the 3rd time.....

Post by Stevie D »

Biggie wrote:ok i will cut the chase. After a 2 year absence from FoT, i had a sudden urge to play it again. However upon reaching Bunker Delta, i realise i cant do any of the missions from there. Oddly enough, i can still talk to the people, but i get no mission briefings or whatsover.

upon checking my loc-mis_D.bos, i found out that the folder mission 16 - 19 was missing and 15 was badly corrupted. I tried to fix it from my disk, but its no good since the file is damaged on the disk 3. So can any kind soul is willing to supply me with the loc-mis_D.bos. This is the 3rd fallout fansite im already asking from, but response isnt very good. And there arent many FO fansites left.....

So anyone willing to supply me with file via MSN ? I have nothing to offer but a nice thank you. :chew:
Sorry, Biggie, loc-mis_D.bos weighs in at 21.5MBs. I'd email it to you post haste if it were smaller, but I don't have any of the apparatus necessary to do so with a file that big. One of the other guys might be able to help you, though.
Biggie
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Biggie »

if its possible, can u extract the files out of the loc-mis_D.bos ? Then just compressed em really small and send them to me ?

Sorry to bother you but im getting rather desperate....
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Hmm. Most, in fact almost all, of the loc-mis_D.bos file contains mp3s of various speeches and what have you. There are, though, five .txt files contained. I wouldn't be surprised if these were the ones you need to continue your missions.

I wouldn't like to say whether not having the sound files would screw up the game, but like I say, it wouldn't surprise me if FoT would continue to work without them, albeit with speeches that you would have to read rather than listen to.

I'm not prepared to spend hours sending over the mp3s one by one - sorry, mate. But what I will do, if you give me your email address, is send over Bunker04.txt, MIS_15_Speech.txt, MIS_16_Speech.txt, MIS_17_Speech.txt, and MIS_19_Speech.txt. Fingers crossed that should be enough to fudge it.
Biggie
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Biggie »

Stevie D wrote:Hmm. Most, in fact almost all, of the loc-mis_D.bos file contains mp3s of various speeches and what have you. There are, though, five .txt files contained. I wouldn't be surprised if these were the ones you need to continue your missions.

I wouldn't like to say whether not having the sound files would screw up the game, but like I say, it wouldn't surprise me if FoT would continue to work without them, albeit with speeches that you would have to read rather than listen to.

I'm not prepared to spend hours sending over the mp3s one by one - sorry, mate. But what I will do, if you give me your email address, is send over Bunker04.txt, MIS_15_Speech.txt, MIS_16_Speech.txt, MIS_17_Speech.txt, and MIS_19_Speech.txt. Fingers crossed that should be enough to fudge it.
ah cool, the text is better than nothing :) At least i can complete the game now.

mail to tuakis@hotmail.com

Thanx mate. :dance:
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

OK, all done! Have they reached your end? I hope that's all it takes to get your campaign back on the road. :)
Ripper
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Ripper »

yep worked like a charm. :pelvic_thrust:
Thanx alot.

EDIT: i thought my old account was wiped, apparently not. :joy:
Stevie D
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Stevie D »

Ripper wrote:yep worked like a charm. :pelvic_thrust: