wasteland recreation...

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.

wasteland recreation...?

yay
100%
nay
No votes

Total votes: 3

fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

wasteland recreation...

Post by fallout ranger »

so, who'd like to totally re-create wasteland in the FO engine? may be fun, i hope you help me...or else its scrapped.
does this work
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

What exactly do you mean by that? :?
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

the game wasteland, recreate all the cities and charachters and such, but in the FO engine...
does this work
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

that would kinda be extrimly hard. but i am not gonna tell you not to make it. i mean if somone did make it, it would be fun to play.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

The same goes for making a Wasteland mod for FO2 as I said in the FOT modding forum, though you do have a very, very slim chance (as opposed to no chance) of getting new character/critter art made.

I don't see much point in posting a thread to see if people are interested in a mod or not, most people will say yes anyway unless it's a really really bad idea.

I say if you want to play something and no one else has produced anything of the like, get on and make your own mod. 99% of mods made are made for the mod makers enjoyment not to satisfy the fan boys.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Haris
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Haris »

yea he is right, only reazon i made a mod was coz i wanted fallout 2 to be my way and i was sick of regular verion of it. but sometimes you have to ask players if they would like something. like in my case in other thread on this forum where i am asking about mmorpg. i mean its existance would depend on people liking it. but if your making single player mod really just make what ever you would like to play most and upload it. there will be lot more of those that like it than those that hate it. everyone likes fresh stuff to play.

**ps. plz dont start any disscusion about mmorpg in this thread. coz that wasnt my point.**
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

I think requiems comments are well taken, everyone wants new suff to play so whats the point in asking since the answer is obvious.

Of course if a poster said something like "I have been working on a FO2-wasteland mod and its XX% finished but I have some problems how about some help with these specific areas" that help would come in an avalanche. so lets just lock this thread.
Our Host!