"BRAIN BOT"

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
MAZINGER-HYPER
SDF!
SDF!

"BRAIN BOT"

Post by MAZINGER-HYPER »

I would like to know the precise steps of obtaining the robot from the step of getting the brain inside of him, and speaking of that, I would like to know if the type of brain really matters, I mean does it affect its combat performance? Then there is the motivator for it, I heard you have to take it off one of the other robots within the base, but I don't think that IS a wise idea....But the short stack is:
1. Ways of getting a MOTIVATOR.
2. Does the brain type really matter?
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

1. The only way I know of getting a motivator is to kill a brain bot and take its motivator.

2. Yes the brain matters for the type of weapons it will use and how good it will be good with those types of weapons.
The cybernetic brain makes Skynet a very good sniper type character
The abnormal brain makes it a melee character, I think
Don't about the other two
MAZINGER-HYPER
SDF!
SDF!

"TOTO?"

Post by MAZINGER-HYPER »

Does that include the brain bot in NCR, Toto? You know the one by that building with that crazed guard in there armed with dynamite?
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

re: TOTO

Post by Slider »

That might work but I have never tried to kill that bot before so I don't know. Just go to level three and kill those bots with the pulse grenades that you pick up in the area.
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Yes the brain matters, and the abnormal brain doesn't make a "good melle fighter", it just makes "a mellee fighter" - specially since it can't even use most melee weapons (nor use armour)... Only the Cybernetic brain makes an NPC which can level up, so get that. You need at least 121 science to get it.
MAZINGER-HYPER
SDF!
SDF!

"level"

Post by MAZINGER-HYPER »

Any suggestions of what level I should be at and, what I should have equipped?
Red

Post by Red »

Well, here's an easy way, which won't kill too many bots either. Amass all the pulse grenades you can, then go on level 3 on the left side. Make sure that the electricity is ON so that the robots on the other side of the elevator don't go through the forcefield. You should have plenty of grenades to kill all bots in the small room (there's 5 rocket bots and 2 brainbots I beleive...), as they have ~120hp and the pulse grenade does ~100 damage to them. Should be an easy fight. Once done, go to the computer in the room in front of the elevator and tell SkyNet that "you're a friend" to turn the alarm off, and thus not fighting the other bots on the other side, so you can then disable the forcefield.
Bishop
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Bishop »

For science skill, you can actually level up by reading books that lis around the base. And some mentats also help. Unless you have superlow science skill at start.
To the soul's desire
the body listens
What the flesh requires
keeps the heart imprisoned
What the spirit seeks the mind will follow
When the body speaks all else is hollow
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

Red wrote:Well, here's an easy way, which won't kill too many bots either. Amass all the pulse grenades you can, then go on level 3 on the left side. Make sure that the electricity is ON so that the robots on the other side of the elevator don't go through the forcefield. You should have plenty of grenades to kill all bots in the small room (there's 5 rocket bots and 2 brainbots I beleive...), as they have ~120hp and the pulse grenade does ~100 damage to them. Should be an easy fight. Once done, go to the computer in the room in front of the elevator and tell SkyNet that "you're a friend" to turn the alarm off, and thus not fighting the other bots on the other side, so you can then disable the forcefield.
Geez you only need to go to level 1 and activate the alarm by using the retina scanner, kill 5 or 6 brain bots and voilá... (deactivate the alarm in a computer)
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
Slider
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Slider »

There aren't any brainbots on level 1 and the level three thing is the easiest way to get a motivator.

I just checked this out, in NCR Toto only has a tool on it(even when dead) so you have to get it from a bot in SAD.
Red

Post by Red »

On top of it, it's Voilà... I you bother putting accents, put the right ones... :P
BigJack
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BigJack »

Red wrote:On top of it, it's Voilà... I you bother putting accents, put the right ones... :P
hehe ok i'll be careful, but if you trigger the alarm on the level 1, rooms will open and brain bots will come out...
"When Angels deserve to die." - SoaD (System of a Down)

A Member Of The Knight Organization
Darwin_187
Respected
Respected

Post by Darwin_187 »

Yeah, that's the way I always did it...

Also: The best way to get the cybernetic brain is to simply thrash the entire base (to get EXP.) and come back when you're at 120 or more for SCI- skynet aint going anywhere, and it's definately worth having in your party.
Red

Post by Red »

I don't know why exactly but for some reason I wanted to kill as little peopl in that base as possible. Given you're a low level character it's good to know the easyest path, and I beleive the one I described is the easyest.
MAZINGER-HYPER
SDF!
SDF!

"So....."

Post by MAZINGER-HYPER »

So what I'm hearing is.. that the LEVEL 3 plan is the sure way to go?
Red

Post by Red »

Well, I've done it quite a few times, and back when I killed the entire SAD was 4 years ago so I don't quite recall it :P
Darwin_187
Respected
Respected

Re: "So....."

Post by Darwin_187 »

MAZINGER-HYPER wrote:So what I'm hearing is.. that the LEVEL 3 plan is the sure way to go?
No, go to level 1 for the robot motivator- don't mess with level 3 if you haven't got some heavy artillery.
Red

Post by Red »

Yeah level 1 ends up ebing a bit easyer. There's 4 brainbots and 4 hovering things... They have much less hp then the missile bots.
Tank
Wanderer of the Wastes
Wanderer of the Wastes

Post by Tank »

True- but with enough EMP-grenades you won't have any problem killing the rocket-bots either...
The Unwashed Village- Abandon ye sanity!

Live with Honor
Fight for Honor
Die with Honor

Let not Glory blind Thee
MAZINGER-HYPER
SDF!
SDF!

One More Thing....

Post by MAZINGER-HYPER »

Ok, I'll go with the LEVEL 1 plan, but won't there be hostiles on the advancing levels on my way to SKYNET?
Our Host!