My Evil Genius base owns your grandma

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

My Evil Genius base owns your grandma

Post by LlamaGod »

Okay, I just feel like showing off because im about to leave the island it's on and its a bunch of pictures so it's easy to put them all in a forum topic instead of linking to them all

jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Explain this game

SIMS + Evil sorcery and stealing from world powers?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

I think it's like Dungeon Keeper only with Jameses Bondeses.

I need to get this.
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

Yeah, it's kinda like Dungeon Keeper, in the building a base of operations and doing stuff, but I kinda like it more than DK because there is more to do, more to make, alot less linear, etc.

So supersize DK, add in a bunch of cool features, make it non-linear and give it a goofy 60s spy movie theme and ta-da.

And it's not 'more=teh betar' in a FO2 kinda way, it's 'more of the good stuff' sorta thing. Such as torture, instead of just dropping a guy on an object, you can use dozens and dozens of differen things to try them on (research machines, above ground traps, even the mixer bowl in the Mess Hall).

Traps too, instead of Dungeon Keeper's basic 9 or so traps that you just set, in Evil Genius you have like 40 traps, all do different and cool stuff and instead of just setting them, you link them to sensor things (pressure pads, laser trips etc.) so you can make neat little comboed up traps and stuff with enough tinkering around. The Traps are cool and funny beyond something like a simple spike trap in DK, like one is a box that went triggered has swirling poles and circles, lightings flashing all over, sparkles and a big DONT PRESS THIS sign above a red button in the middle, then stuff like the Dreadmill, which drain endurance. People walk on it and keep running until they are sapped.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

So, you get to dig out your own base, just like in DK? Sounds totally awesome to me.
Sovy Kurosei
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Sovy Kurosei »

It DOES look like a souped up Dungeon Keeper. I'll have to get my hands on it the next time I stop by my local Wal-Mart or FutureShop.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Seems like a highly enjoyable game, I'll have to look into getting a copy (and possibly upgrading my computer . . .) :drunk:
MR Snake
Chinderella
Chinderella

Post by MR Snake »

You should see my base dude.
Do these glasses and my two chins make me look sexy?
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

All your base are belong to us.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

How does it work? Is it mission based? You start on a map, build a base, complete the objective and then skip on a new map, build a new base, etc?
LlamaGod
U R Ded Faget
U R Ded Faget

Post by LlamaGod »

No, that's how Dungeon Keeper went. INstead you keep your island and get a list of objectives you can do in any order. Later on in the game, when things start getting biger in scale and you start running out of room, the game offers you a new and big island, to go along with your new and big objectives.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

There is this guy in my prison. Matter of fact he's the fifth, 'cause they keep dying... I keep telling those fucking yellowjacks to fucking beat the living crap out of him like they did with the maid, but they're unwilling to comply. What am I doing wrong? I CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH
Hello New Jersey
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Those pictures look like shit. Does your computer suck or is the game really that ugly?
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Who are you trying to interrogate, guardian? If it's just some random enemy agent, then he's supposed to just die because you don't get anything from interrogating them.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

It was a bug, apparently. Reinstalled it and restarted at and it works just fine now.
Our Host!