Is it a bird? is it a plane? no! its another fo3 plot idea

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Follower
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Follower »

Your logic is strong indeed. Good point :D . And yes, I think that some less tech will be good. Robots is too much for FO. Wasteland is good enough for me. There was Nuc war after all. Some of weapons should be done less powerful, effective or tech. Where did all these post-nuclear high tec weapon come from..? but I really like idea of cyberninjas. Sorry, I can do nothing against it.
World of FO is coming... too fast for my liking
Softwisper
SDF!
SDF!

Just another variation on a theme

Post by Softwisper »

I loved the idea of built up cities and stuff, I mean it has been almost 100 years post nuke war. The High tech wepons power armor ect I think is also over done in FO I mean those batteries you use to power the things would wear out after a while and how many million rounds of gause (sp) ammo was made?

I like the idea of solving a few minor quests and becoming the village hero it would be a good starting point.

What I was thinking of for a game is first before you even start you select a race ...

tribal, death claw (the intellegent ones not the cute fluffy ones from fot), villager, millitant, rader, mutant, ghoul, or fanatic.

each race is different. and has different skill sets

tribal has great knowledge of out doors, can hunt trap and skin most wasteland animals. and excellent abilities to find usabale roots plants ect.

deathclaw, reclusive and powerful

villager, simpleton no really special skills but able to adapt quickly

millitant, BOS or similiar orginised military orginization.

Rader similiar to millitant but is ruled by anarchy more than rank.

Ghoul Still able to remember pre war things, highly scientific but puny and week, also slightly repulsive. and in limited numbers scattered throughout the wastes.

Mutant, reminants of "the master's army" carrying big guns and heavy sticks, noone seems to like them. Also following with FO2 they are able to reproduce so now have second generation supermutant childern running around.

fanatic, religious followers they worship toasters and things of that nature.

you start out the game as a simple lowlevel person in that town, village, sect, group, ect. you embark upon several subquests and save the town, become the hero/ ruler whatever. you then are responcable for building your town organization whatever up to be thebig player in that reagon, that is you control the fallout "map" of the region. you have various large existing organisations taht will attempt to coerece you into their ranks or simply crush you as you are in their way. The end conditions are different for each race, BUT you must provide for your people the essentials of life, Food clothing shelter security.

You do this by recruiting NPC, or PC charators to explore the map and to use the lands to aid your cause. You can Salvage materials and equipment, you can BUILD trade posts and way stations to help increese your realm. the game is not based upon an endless series of combats but more stragities in rebuilding within the wastes. it involves more then ammo allocation within your party, you need to have supplies of food, clothing, equipment, you need to negioate with other towns and villages to form alliances and trade. or you need to conquor those towns (as raider) and take what you want.

But in a nutshell you control your people to a degree, (similar to fo2 give them orders and hope they work it out) you manage resources and can rebuild within the wastelands. you have to contend with other dangers of the wastes that are attempting to do the same. the game could be won without entering any combats, but that wouldn't be very much fun =o) if you turn out to be a true provider and natural leader of your ranks then you will prosper if not then you whiter and die.

Some of the various things you can use, Building marierals, not all races can use all items as well as every other race. foods, I like the bug on a half shell, iguawna on a stick. beef jerkie and the roast rodent. because theise are things you would expect to see in post war life. but your people have to eat regularly a hungry or thirsty adventurer won't work too well in the wastes. Side note on foods, people like to be entertained, if your raders expecally so. party stuff like beer and liquor, various mind expanding drugs ect would need to be provided to your people on regular basis.

oh and on vehicles, You could have to produce a fuel (brahaman fat mixed with 100% proof achocal or something to drive any car with) but you would see several types of vehicles. hand carts, brahaman carts (take the artwork from FO1) Steam trucks (mentioned in FO1 but never seen) rader buggies, armored transports ( FOT stuff) highwaymen or other prewar fusion powered cars (high science skills and maintence needed).

Money Several different types of script would be available. various mines or towns would have their own. caps, and other similar currency.

Critters, I loved the FOT comoto dragons, the wolves and the dobermen I would add them to the critter lists from the first two FO games so you had gekko lizards rad scorps Rats cochroaches ants and assorted other wildlife. Mutts dobermen and wolves.

Robots, I loved Mr handy, and the brain bots. The robot dogs were cute as were some of the bots from FOT but I would have a limited number of bots not massive armies but a few salvaged and repaired. Someone with a high level of science skill mayby could fix destroyed robots and make working ones that sort of thing.

Random madness. In the wastes would be long forgotten factories, and prewar equipment. your parties of intrepid adventures (you send them form your town out to the wastes to do your bidding) would occaisionally stumble upon theise things. you could send salvage or reclamation teams out to discover what theise items are and see if you have the abilities to use or to move this back to your town, Plus various random madness I love some of the random encounters in the fallout games I think they are more fun than following the rest of the game.

one last thing if you go to a town and joe idiot asks you to help him solve a quest, and you put it off for 6 months or so and come back then it is alltogether possable that joe idiot has already found another lacky to help him out. you loose the quest and your pc/npc has lost the oppertunities for some exerience or goodies.

Well I guess that is about it. Sorry for the long post but I would like to see something different with FO3 than a set story and a uninteractive enviroment, (if I blow up a block of C4 by a wall wouldn't you expect to hurt the wall? or fire armor pircing bullets into a tent shoulden't they pass through the tent wall? )

just my 2 and a half caps (or 3.4 ring pulls)
MaxRhodes
SDF!
SDF!

Post by MaxRhodes »

I totally like the doomsday device idea. Maybe you would find out about it from some old records and you would try to stop it from going off. I have a really good plot idea but it is hard to link it to Fallout 1 or 2. oh well. lets just say that you would be a desendant of the President of the US (the real pres. not the one on the rig. in FO2) and the chosen one. And you'd end up going deep into the pentagon to deactivate the device and to do it you'd have to use a smaller nuke to clear the rubble. The whole plot is pretty good and i'll type it all up one day.
My life fades.... a vision dims..... all that remains are memories....
twiztid wanderer
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by twiztid wanderer »

I have one thing to say about this last idea it sounds really kinda like a sim city type of game. but sounds really awesome in the fact that you could actually interact with the things you built. Also the ability to choose your own race would be really nice having some more variety never hurts.
Is it they fear the pain of death or do they fear the joy of life?
Life is only an outer layer, for reality is only realized by the insane.
Follower
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Follower »

No offense, but I don't think that strategy is what FO needs, espicially after that FOT. May be it will be good game with another name, but why should it use FO world. It's rpg serie, I think. Even that sort of combination of strategy and rpg is not the solution.
World of FO is coming... too fast for my liking
Our Host!