The Drugs, Alcohol, and Tobacco thread

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

In Canada you can get premium weed for like 2 cents a bag. Discuss.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

By premium, do you mean mediocre (unless it's from one of those fancy legal labs, of course) and by weed, do you mean hemp (because I've seen nothing but mediocre hemp come from Canada)
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

I smoke colts and I always have some type of hard alcohol within reach.

Keep the escapist drugs lightweights. I ain't a hippie.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

A regular film noir gumshoe? You'll need speed to complete the ensemble, you know.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Quebec has the best weed, Ryno. For 50$ a 7g it's pretty fine by me.
First Force
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by First Force »

well alcohol and weed are ok pricewise here, but hey its holland....
You are losing it, doesn`t matter, let`s close our eyes and wake up from this dream.....
-------------------------------
Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.
-------------------------------
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

I've been to Holland a couple times, but I never smoked in one of the coffee shops... it's on my "Things to Do before I Die" list.
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Ozrat »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:By premium, do you mean mediocre (unless it's from one of those fancy legal labs, of course) and by weed, do you mean hemp (because I've seen nothing but mediocre hemp come from Canada)
No, he means recreational-purposed-weed grown with hightech hydroponics with high levels of the THC psychoactive chemical.

Weed is incredibly cheap and the quality is amazing here in Canada (Ontario at least) compared to what I saw when I was living in the states.

There's a saying that we have in northern Wisconsin about weed: "If it looks like it was ran over by a car, its from Mexico, if its actually decent, it's locally grown, and if its some good shit you can bet your ass its Canadian". Works every time too.

Edit: In case y'all didn't know, there's a cannabis cafe downtown from my university (Up in Smoke Cafe), so you can just go there rather than Amsterdam.
Last edited by Ozrat on Wed Oct 06, 2004 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

That's cause most of the hydroponic growers in the US who use good growing techniques and high-quality genetics aren't commercial growers. They grow just for themselves and their friends, meanwhile the fools who pump out TONS of schwag get rich selling it to the high-schoolers for $20 a gram. It pisses me off.
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Ozrat »

The attitudes here are also much more relaxed when it comes to weed. Its a common occurance for people to be smoking in clubs and bars here, whereas the paranoia is too strong in the states to see it freqently done. And I'm talking about being in the main public sections of said localities, not the bathrooms.
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Eh, it's probably even more relaxed here. Nobody will bother you if you smoke on the street, near people, etc. No one gives a shit really, except if you're black or look like you're selling, which often goes together anyway.
And we have a café too. Hell, we have the Bloc Pot.

Because of the winter, pretty much everyone grows indoor here, so you'll get the same quality all year, which is pretty high.

The Jack Herrer is particularly fun.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

I'm seriously considering moving to Canada... if Bush wins, I just might. How's the housing/appartment situation there? It's got to be a hell of a lot cheaper to live than where I am now, anyway.

Though I'll sure fucking miss the Bay Area sports teams... Go Warriors!

And back on topic... Are any of you Canadians "connosiuers"? Which, if any, of the "famous" strains have you guys tried? And exactly how do they compare to the standard street stuff? Because I've read a lot about the heavy-hitters like White Rhino, Northern Lights, Bubblicious, Master Kush, AK-47, etc... but I've never tried anything that really knocked me out in a couple hits.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Jack Herrer is the best one.

And the housing's OK in Canada, depending on the city. Montreal is getting more and more expensive, though still a lot cheaper than Toronto.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

And back on topic... Are any of you Canadians "connosiuers"? Which, if any, of the "famous" strains have you guys tried? And exactly how do they compare to the standard street stuff? Because I've read a lot about the heavy-hitters like White Rhino, Northern Lights, Bubblicious, Master Kush, AK-47, etc... but I've never tried anything that really knocked me out in a couple hits
i'm no canadian but my papa was an injun. we smoked a lot of stuff in amsterdam, from jack herer and white widow to silver haze and super skunk and whatever, but I didn't really notice any real differences in their potencies... honestly i think they were pretty similiar to the stuff my friend grows anyway (he's good though). it's all good, as long at it ain't swag
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Even though cannabis is illegal in England, it's moving towards being legalised. Police don't bother stopping anyone really who is smoking it. For example at the big music festivals you can't move for police, and people smoking cannabis, but the police don't mind as they're looking out for more dangerous activities.
Though hippies should be arrested on the spot.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I hate hippies.
Last edited by ExtremeDrinker on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

His pubes! D:

Edit : It's pretty fucked up how people from all ages smoke cannabis. My cousin is like 13 and smokes, and back in the days I worked in a store, I used to see old women(old like 65) smoke.
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

I wonder if Noah smoked cannabis
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

Looks like I am one of the last people left not to be taken in by the stupidity that is weed.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Som Guy
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Som Guy »

Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD wrote:Looks like I am one of the last people left not to be taken in by the stupidity that is weed.
But it seems you have fallen prey to many other stupidities :chew:
Our Host!