Serious question #2

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Serious question #2

Post by jetbaby »

Alright, as we all know, Bethesda owns the rights to the next Fallout and blah blah blah. Now.

There is a lot of discussion of "Fallout 3" on the boards now. However, my question is this: Has Bethesda even announced that its Fallout game will, in fact, be Fallout 3? Have they specifically announced it, because to my knowledge they have not. This leaves open anything, from ol' Herves idea of Fallout MMORPG (hopefully they aren't that dumb), FOBOS 2, FOT:BOS 2, or perhaps some vaguely connected spin-off. Oh wait. That'd be all those options. Anyways. Report. Have they announced Fallout 3, or just "a new Fallout game"?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by fallout ranger »

I don't think they have said anything about FO3. Officially at least.
Last edited by fallout ranger on Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
does this work
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

don't think they have said anything about FO3. Officially at least.
does this work
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

I think that's just what we are calling it
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

I think they'd be stupid to think that the way to make the most money out of the license is anything other than Fallout 3.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Franz_Schubert wrote:I think they'd be stupid to think that the way to make the most money out of the license is anything other than Fallout 3.
Interplay and Hervé proved us it is possible to be that stupid, though.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Touché.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

I'm saying I don't think Bethesda is that stupid. I'm not saying it's going to be good, but I am saying that it's most likely going to be FO3.
fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

if they do anything else BUT FO3 they deserve to be shot
does this work
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Personally I'd prefer FOBOS 2 because FO3 will suck shit and be DIRECTLY connected to the true fallouts.

fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

hahaha funny stuff

you *ARE* kidding................right?
does this work
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Are YOU? I'd rather see a game that will be universally accepted as shit and ass spray than one that will make some feebleminded morons think that it will actually be a worthy successor. The fact is that the original team is broken. The new one wants Fallout: TEH FPSSSSSSS or so it seems.

fallout ranger

Post by fallout ranger »

FOPOS sucked, why emulate it?
does this work
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

There's a chance Fallout 3 might be interesting, don't give up on it. What's the worst that could happen? The good name of Fallout ruined? You're six years too late.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

fallout ranger wrote:FOPOS sucked, why emulate it?
Please read my last statement.

And the good name of Fallout as pertains to the direct series still stands. Spinoffs have proven an impossible feat, but no sequel has stood to demolish the series. Topheavy, underquality, overpaid execs for life.

xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

Atoga

I agree, there is a possibility that FO3 will be a good game. I base that opinion on several things,

1)Bethesda wants money like all game companies do. In order to get it they need to attract a fan base. There will not necessarly be a big crossover of elder scrolls fans to Fallout3 and they know it, some people like swords and magic games and little else. Because of that they need the remnants of the Fallout fan base to get on the band wagon and in order for that to happen they need to make a good RPG.

2)like it or not they have always put lots of work into their products, they will do the same with Fallout3. Because it a new direction for them they will probably put an extra kick into Fallout3 to launch what they hope will be their fist iteration of a profitable series of games.

3)They do listen to common folk during the development cycle, but of course they are not going to listen to folks that are foaming at the mouth.

4)They have seen two failures of non RPG Fallout titled games, it is unlikley that they will make the same mistakes that Herve did.

5)They don't have a moron like Herve Cane at the helm.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

)Bethesda wants money like all game companies do. In order to get it they need to attract a fan base. There will not necessarly be a big crossover of elder scrolls fans to Fallout3 and they know it, some people like swords and magic games and little else. Because of that they need the remnants of the Fallout fan base to get on the band wagon and in order for that to happen they need to make a good RPG
From my experience, the people likeing swords and magic are the same people strutting aaround pretending to be elves/vapires or whatever. So these ppl shouldn't be taken seriously in any way.
3)They do listen to common folk during the development cycle, but of course they are not going to listen to folks that are foaming at the mouth
no, bet they do listen to the fairys and assfolk.
4)They have seen two failures of non RPG Fallout titled games, it is unlikley that they will make the same mistakes that Herve did
The problem there is that bethesda seem to thik that morrowind or even diablo are true RPG's when they are not and will never be.
5)They don't have a moron like Herve Cane at the helm.
I am more that sure that finding a skilled moron will not be that hard.
Last edited by Mismatch on Fri Oct 01, 2004 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xbow
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by xbow »

Mismatch wrote:From my experience, the people likeing swords and magic are the dame people strutting aaround pretending to be elver/vapires or whatever. So these ppl shouldn't be taken seriously in any way.
Oh I agree. long ago I used to GM for ICE character law at first it was just a game to play on ship when the unit was deployed. Back at the palms I started being a house GM at the local Comic/FRPG shop in my spare time and I coundn't stand the whining punks that were addicted to swords magic and vampire shit. The whining and sobbing when one of their precious little Elf or Vampire characters got bumped off or mutilated a little was pleasing to the ear. The players were mostly sniveling sickening little nerds so I quit playing.

Thats why there wont be a crossover. Fallout and the Wasteland in general doesn't seem to attract that kind of wussie crowd.
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

The problem there is that bethesda seem to thik that morrowind or even diablo are true RPG's when they are not and will never be
..Why wouldn't you call Morrowind a true RPG?
It has all the elements of skill/class-building, interactive wildlife(plants/animals)/city-life, dialogues, multiple choices and so on. Not to mention the vast possibilities to build new worlds, characters, enviroments and so on...

There was even a Fallout mod in development for it, though it's never been completed =/

I don't get the fact that you're bashing Bethesda.

You didn't like Morrowind? Fine, no problem, a lot of people didn't, just like the fact that a lot of people don't like the "sword & magic" deal either.

But guess what? Not all people are
sniveling sickening little nerds
who can't enjoy both Fantasy and post-nuclear roleplaying. Not to mention steam punk and cyber punk.

My point is, the majority of Morrowind-players might not only consist of geeky little four-eyed freaks like the ones you fear.
I am more that sure that finding a skilled moron will not be that hard.
imo, the only thing keeping gaming-companies from making a decent Fallout 3, is retard negative thinking like your own. I'm sure if Bethesda received the proper encouragement and the incredibly long list of ideas this, and other forums, have come up with, then they just might be able to whip something up which might be enjoyable.

You don't have to get your hopes up for TEH GRAND FALLOUT 3, because it's been so hyped by almost all communities that if we ever receive it, it wond meet the standards.

I dare Bethesda to take the challenge though.
If they fail, so what? Another new company might come up with the ideas, and buy the rights.
Testicular Pugilist
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

How much times do we need to discuss this?
Our Host!