Forums Re-Installed

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Forums Re-Installed

Post by DarkUnderlord »

All righty, to stop some general whackiness, I've done a clean re-install of the forums. We lost four templates (deliberately) in the transition those being subBlack3d, ashFuel, smartDark and phpVB2. Very few people used them anyway and anyone who was has been switched to fiblack.

Quick reply has been re-installed. The headers for the forums now all include a "Duck and Cover" link to the main page. The DAC style seems a bit messed up but I may get around to work on that eventually.

More functionality coming soon! In the meantime, let me know if there are any problems or if you don't find any problems that you used to get (like that erroneous posting bug that would end with you making a double post).
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

It almost happened to me today again, but I've generally learned to catch it.

Sometimes I'll hit submit, then about 30 seconds later nothing's happened to the page, so I check back into the thread and sure enough the post had been sent in. Seems sometimes it gets caught up and never switches to the "you've made a post" page?
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

You're a champ, DarkUndies.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Yep. Nice work. The most important upcoming feature is restricting some people to the asshats forum, of course. And I've got the assface avatar that I can't wait to give to someone.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

O.k. time to see what skins we got left...

Goodw0rx. (non sarcasm).
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Excccelllent
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

The logo on the top left corner shows phpBB, not the DAC logo.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Dat true.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Mr. Teatime wrote:And I've got the assface avatar that I can't wait to give to someone.
Give it to Janus. His retard avatar got wiped.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Re: Forums Re-Installed

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

DarkUnderlord wrote:All righty, to stop some general whackiness, I've done a clean re-install of the forums. We lost four templates (deliberately) in the transition those being subBlack3d, ashFuel, smartDark and phpVB2. Very few people used them anyway and anyone who was has been switched to fiblack.
You should have killed SubSilver instead of SmartDark. SubSilver sucks beyond belief. I can't believe anyone uses it.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

I loved SmartDark, can we please have the other layouts back? I cant see how they would be causing problems.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

DAC is the best one ever.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

SuperH wrote:Sometimes I'll hit submit, then about 30 seconds later nothing's happened to the page, so I check back into the thread and sure enough the post had been sent in. Seems sometimes it gets caught up and never switches to the "you've made a post" page?
Yup, getting that too. I've had it today since the re-install too. :( This is the bug I'm trying to pin down. Either it's an issue with phpBB or with our server. Damned annoying.
Jimmyjay86 wrote:You should have killed SubSilver instead of SmartDark. SubSilver sucks beyond belief. I can't believe anyone uses it.
No-one does. SubSilver is the default style though and is necessary to have because it's generally up to date with all the extra features which can be used as a template for other styles.
CloudNineGT wrote:I loved SmartDark, can we please have the other layouts back? I cant see how they would be causing problems.
It's annoying to update 8 different forum styles. One's bad enough but 8 is annoying. 3 (+SubSilver) I can tolerate.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon

Post by DarkUnderlord »

SuperH wrote:Sometimes I'll hit submit, then about 30 seconds later nothing's happened to the page, so I check back into the thread and sure enough the post had been sent in. Seems sometimes it gets caught up and never switches to the "you've made a post" page?
... and of course, it just has to happen to me with this post.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

PMs and emails seem to be messed up as well, they keep giving me error messages when I click send.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I've had those annoying things all the time, DU. Before and after this re-install. It can be bothersome, but what the heck? It still doesn't hold back my supreme spamming powers.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Kashluk wrote:It still doesn't hold back my supreme spamming powers.
No, that's what the asshat forum is for. ;)
Our Host!