PlanetSide, anybody in to it?

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

PlanetSide, anybody in to it?

Post by Hammer »

As some of the DAC Elite know I'm a huge PlanetSide fan, was #1 in kills for the TR until my old account was banned for harassment and just finally got my way back up to #10. Lead my old TR outfit (The Enclave) to #5 in outfit points until it too got disbanded for harassment, switched to NC and got #9 in outfit points there until we got bored and went back to TR for a challenge. Now we're almost #10 in points there in just one month... add all the points we've acumulated in our career and we're #1 on Emerald. GG!!11

Anyways I been playing this game for about one full year now and I have to say it kicks ass when you play with a solid outfit. You can probably get a 10 day free trial from the website (planetside.com) and if ya do please check out my outfit and play with us for a few days.

(EnclaveOilrig.Com)

Also, some nice videos we made (Some shitty, some awesome) can be found here at enclave-movies.com.

Post by Guest »

OMG its Hammer!!!! I play planeside a little, but I've never been #1 or anything. But its fun nonetheless.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

OMG yes it's me. I take it you play Markov?
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

yeag

Post by Janus Matchell »

I played Planetside for a little and had a decent character who didn't that much. For the most part I liked it. Combat made me feel like I was in a HUGE conflict. For the most part I enjoyed it until I couldn't pay the monthly bill anymore. I was in NC but I don't remember my character name anymore. :ashamed: Hey Hammer if I ever get enough money to pay for lavish expenses like Planet Side then I will create a new character. I will PM when I do though.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I might just go out and rebuy it now that it seems like my intraweb will run it properly.
Harriers for the cup.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

I played it for a month when it got released over a year ago. It wasn't too crowded and one of those ships plus a full crew could take any base. After a month it couldn't even take out 1 cannon yar.

Any changes? Hammer you play this on 56k?
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

IM COMING BACK!!!`

Post by Janus Matchell »

Ok I am going to have to get Planet Side back and a new modem because the one I have sucks because it was previously owned and beaten pretty bad. here's what my modem is: Motorola SB5100 surfboard Cable Modem. What should I get?
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!

Post by Guest »

Silver wrote:Any changes? Hammer you play this on 56k?
I do, but Ive played on cable. It seems to work better with cable.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

What a fucking big surprise.

Post by Guest »

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me Kashluk. You probably have cable don't you? I really got no use for it.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

You're here day and night man, don't tell me you ain't got no use for it.

Post by Guest »

I'm sorry, I just get lonely. :tears: not really. Can you read that fine print?
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

It read, 'hold me', didn't it?

Post by Guest »

Yes!!!!!

Nah, it reads, "NOT REALLY"
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

You just copy the text, and then paste it to somewhere if you want to make it readable.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I ain't got cable. I got 256 / 256 kb ADSL, while all my friends have 2 MB ADSL. I'm so bitter - teh horror & drama -.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

I play on ADSL, works well. Like I said if you guys get it contact me and I'll hook ya up with our outfit.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

What? no video of that time you smoked all those people taking the screenshot!?
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

Unfortunatly no, just pictures and one video I lost in the reformat.

Grr..
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

xD

I was a member of the Enclave for all of 1 week before me friend who owns the lovely pc stopped letting me play -_-

Planetside is a lovely game but... urgh the gameplay could be improved onehundred-fold if they just dropped the gameplay aspect that people are not fazed nor moved in any way by weaponfire or explosions, and that people can absorb far too much damage before death...

I want an MMOFPS where a single bullet can kill, and death is MEANINGFUL...
Our Host!