So how's about HALO 2?

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

So how's about HALO 2?

Post by Janus Matchell »

I recently got done beating the first HALO and I saw some E3 footage of HALO 2. So far so good from what I have seen but my question of the moment is do any of you other people here at the DAC play HALO? And if so are you looking forward to HALO 2? I am but I want to see what ya'll have to say about X-Box and/or HALO/ HALO 2. Post Away!
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Halo is shite, Halo 2 will follow similarly. Their mediocrity was only hailed as brilliance due to the nature of many console-only-twits being too intellectually challenged to ever consider playing a good FPS styled game such as System Shock 2. Further, those parasitic cunts responsible for the development of console games like Halo are fully aware of the nature of their frequently emotionally and cognitively stunted audience, and so are elated to be able to get away with creating abominations for abominations. :drunk:
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Precisely. Halo was a monstrously bad game, primary colors attacking you from every poorly rendered direction.

I guess there's just nothing better on xbox yet, poor them.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

Halo is shite, Halo 2 will follow similarly. Their mediocrity was only hailed as brilliance due to the nature of many console-only-twits being too intellectually challenged to ever consider playing a good FPS styled game such as System Shock 2.
Because having your firearm break every five minutes is brilliant, right?

Post by Guest »

PS2 games are far superior, better graphics. Look at SOCOM. Great game, and realistic too.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I liked Halo, but I'm a long time Bungie fan from the days when they made Marathon for the Mac. Those games had swimming, dual wielding, look up/down when Doom was just released... way ahead of their time.
The only reason I have an Xbox is for Halo 2.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I liked Halo.

Until the flood showed up and it became a Half-Life clone story-wise.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I didn't think the single player game was anything special, but I thought the multiplayer was some of the best I have ever played. It actually required methodical STRATEGY and SKILL as opposed to bunny hopping retardedness, strafing around at warp speed unleashing obscene amounts of ammo
::cough cough::unreal::cough cough::

My favorite online multiplayer scene is still, without a doubt, Halo - Death Island Map, with the human weapon set. I r0xor with a shotgun and a sniper rifle. I basically get unstoppable.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

Is that on the Xbox, or the PC port? Because the port was terrible.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I didn't notice anything different between the port and the Xbox version, other than easier controls on the PC.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I only played it on the PC.

The PC version, I thought, was far superior to the Xbrick version. You had a larger availability of weapons, vehicles, and maps in the PC version. I especially liked the addition of the Banshee to the PC multiplayer. I love shooting down noobs who think they're badass by getting in banshee. Not so badass when I shoot them down with a pistol....

Plus, I think FPS games on any console = shit, due to the lack of aiming precision.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Any FPS on console is like aiming with a tank. Bullshit.
Hammer
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Hammer »

Yeah I'd agree.

I liked Halo for what it was, a console FPS. I did appreciate it's storyline but then again I just love Science fiction in any way, shape or form.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

I loved bashing critters with the end of the boomstick tho. Priceless.

... And ofcourse the fuzzy particle effects + ejecting brass on the minigun's or whatever those tria' barreled things are called. Endless rain of pain = good.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I think Halo was, at best, mediocore.

It was boring. Plain and simple. I played it half-way through and then just uninstalled it. No hard feelings or shit, it just sucked.

Oh yeah, it was pretty. Decent enough in that aspect. But the maps were boring and unsurprising. And rather small, too. Enemies were pretty repetitive and dumb (both the looks and the behaviour).

I guess it's just a matter of opinion, but I didn't dig it. The multiplayer was ok, but the single player (especially) sucked sloppy donkey dick like a hungry Thai whore.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Halo too?

Post by Janus Matchell »

I got an X-Box for christmas when I asked for money. My family all got me X-Box saying you'll love it. The 3rd game I got for X-Box was Halo. Now grant I love Half-Life and Unreal, Halo on the other hand required you to think more strategic in terms of the amount enemies you had to face along with the resources at your disposal. At first I hated Halo because of the controls (I was use to keyboard and mouse set up) also at some points the color seemed out of place. But for the most part I liked it not loved it but the storyline was enjoyable for it being sci-fi. Multi player is great not exactly CS quality but it isn't really capable of being modded quite as easy as CS was for a while.

For a shortime I owned a PS2 and so far I am yet to have my socks rocked off. I don't think the processors of a PS2 can't hold a flame to X-box or computers processors. Almost all my friends own PS2's and they are always having trouble with them. Graphics on a PS2 so far look like someone took vasoline and rubbed on the TV so that graphics look like crap. SOCOM 2 is ok but I would rather have CS or Halo over SOCOM.

Halo 2 looks like it will be interesting as far as story is concerned also I am looking forward to pistol whipping me some elites in multiplayer mode.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Hammer wrote:Because having your firearm break every five minutes is brilliant, right?
I could say I loathed System Shock 2 because it featured breakable weaponry, yet that would be a lie. On the other hand, I could say I never suffered irritation to the point of thinking poorly of SS2 ; when for example my assault rifle decided to jam, even at the most unfortunate of moments (such as when staring down a trio of Rumblers.)

This was because I employed the wrench (due to the general scarcity of ammunition) and discretion (due to prolific foes) wherever possible and also had reasonable repair options available to me most of the time. Assuming one does not attempt to play SS2 like one would play Quake - weapons are plentiful, repair tools are plentiful, the repair skill is quite effective. Options abound. I do not believe the playing experience is severely impinged by having one's weapons break occasionally. It depends upon how you approach the game. This would be the truth as I see it.

Regardless, I believe having your weapons degrade and break added to the claustrophobic and thoroughly tense atmosphere of SS2. It is (like many things) only frustrating if you let it frustrate you.

Despite any personal gripe(s) you may have with weapon durability in SS2, when Halo and SS2 are compared on more meaningful levels, such as gameplay, atmosphere, plot et al - I most definitely prefer SS2 to Halo for what are hopefully obvious reasons.

So yes, I think the way weapon durability was handled in SS2 enhanced the brilliance of the game. Perhaps we disagree on this ? Good. :drunk:
jerman999
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by jerman999 »

Halo 2 looks to be pretty interesting. It seems Bungie tightened up the AI (both enemy and friendly) and greatly improved the map design. I'm looking forward to playing some co-op over Xbox Live.

Edit: double post
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

say

Post by Janus Matchell »

Say jerman999 do you think the Flood might be making a come back ine Halo2? I thinkg the folks at bungie have plans for them.
jerman999
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by jerman999 »

Janus Matchell wrote:Say jerman999 do you think the Flood might be making a come back ine Halo2? I thinkg the folks at bungie have plans for them.
I wouldn't be surprised, but I think much of Halo 2 is going to be about the Covenent and its storylines. I've read rumors about a rivalry between the Elites and Brutes that will flesh itself out throughout the game.
Our Host!