Critical chance bonus for attack modes

Mapping & modding Fallout Tactics and reviewing maps thereof.
Burnov
Wanderer
Wanderer

Critical chance bonus for attack modes

Post by Burnov »

Does this specifically effect the attack for the weapon that's being used. Or does it give a bonus to any attack so long as the weapon is being held.

The latter seems a bit nonsensical but I'm starting to wonder as it seems like I'm getting critical hits pretty easy with a different weapon when it does not have a critical chance bonus attributed to it.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Re: Critical chance bonus for attack modes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Burnov wrote:Does this specifically effect the attack for the weapon that's being used. Or does it give a bonus to any attack so long as the weapon is being held.

The latter seems a bit nonsensical but I'm starting to wonder as it seems like I'm getting critical hits pretty easy with a different weapon when it does not have a critical chance bonus attributed to it.
I don't know, that's a tough one, it doesn't mention it in the manual but does the AC etc of your opponent affect your critical chances or not? All it says that someone sneaking or attacking someone in a prone position will get more criticals, likewise a high level character.

There are several factors that affect it, I just tried creating a character and edited him so he had 0 critical chance and then made a club that had a + 1 bonus and an identical club with a - 1 penalty. Even with just the negative club equipped (and the bonus club on the ground) I was getting a critical chance with every successful hit, and that was with a level 7 character no extra points in melee and no bonus critical perks.

How are your opponents set up? I've been using Tribals in my testing map so perhaps armour etc will affect things?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
quietfanatic
Respected
Respected

Post by quietfanatic »

Do any weapons in the game use the critical chance bonus? Most of them seem to be set to 0. It is part of the weapon mode, so it should just affect that mode, otherwise you could change the critical chance with all weapons in 'effect'. It could be buggy though.
Forgive my ignorance master.
DIE...die weak fool (cue Bozar death)
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

I don't even know if that field works, in my little testing map I was getting critical hits virtually every hit with or without the modified weapons so it was hard to tell. It certainly didn't affect the critical chance in the character sheet, like if you've got a lockpick equipped affects your lockpick skill, or power armour changes your strength and AC etc.

I don't think any of the game weapons have been modified, hell most of them are set to short range and about the only modifier used was .09 on the damage modifier for burst modes and knockdown for the deathclaw attacks.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Our Host!