Shellshock Nam 67

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
M92FS
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Shellshock Nam 67

Post by M92FS »

It's about *beep*in' time some backup got here! Quote by Paladin Solo. ( FOT )

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who do the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh, yeah? Ok.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... ile_id=762
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Fuck all these damned real war FPS crap-shoots. Hate them all. FPS just isn't as fun as it used to be.

EIDOS should die.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Doesn't this one have RPG style stuff? Skills etc. Quite a change from your swords and firebolts for a change...
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

wtf!!!

Post by Janus Matchell »

M92FS wrote:hi all !

check it out !

http://www.eidosinteractive.com/gss/leg ... /main.html
Played a demo of it. Didn't like and now I thanks to M92FS that it is made by Eidos. Great! That explains why I had a bad feeling about it. If you wanna here about some awesome games that will never come go to: www.maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=video_games

Although it's another Maddox link it is a pretty damn good laugh.
Also WHY IN THE HELL do they keep release FPS's that aren't that good to begin. I mean for crying out loud Deus EX was another POS FPS released by Eidos. Not to sound blasphemous but DOOM 3 tried to too hard to be scary when it wasn't necessary. In fact DOOM 3 was more like Half Life except with better graphics and different setting. Other FPS's to come out as of late have all sported their own graphics engines and what not but they all seem to be the same. Whatever happened to thinking outside the box? C'mon game developers break the chains that execs put on you and create something new and original.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

A guy with a Jin-Roh icon can't be all wrong. From what I saw it looked pretty ok, but I haven't played it yet. Graphics in the early models weren't impressive, but they probably fixed that in the final version. Aside from what could be a neat story, it looks like your typical vietnam fair.

Edits:
I mean for crying out loud Deus EX was another POS FPS released by Eidos.

You are talking about Deus Ex 2 right? Please say you are for your own health; unless getting lead pipe marks tattooed across your face is your thing.
In fact DOOM 3 was more like Half Life except with better graphics and different setting.

And three times as dark.

ED - You even hated Call of Duty?
Harriers for the cup.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

ok

Post by Janus Matchell »

Wolfman Walt wrote:A guy with a Jin-Roh icon can't be all wrong. From what I saw it looked pretty ok, but I haven't played it yet. Graphics in the early models weren't impressive, but they probably fixed that in the final version. Aside from what could be a neat story, it looks like your typical vietnam fair.

Edits:
I mean for crying out loud Deus EX was another POS FPS released by Eidos.

You are talking about Deus Ex 2 right? Please say you are for your own health; unless getting lead pipe marks tattooed across your face is your thing.
In fact DOOM 3 was more like Half Life except with better graphics and different setting.

And three times as dark.

ED - You even hated Call of Duty?
What I meant by Deus Ex was the second one the first one was good but the second one was not really needed. Nam 67 to me is another FPS that will be flooding the market not to say that it is graphically bad but give me a GOOD WWII FPS (Call of Duty) any day and I will be happy. I guess your right about the 3x as dark thing cause when I played I got raped by enemies I couldn't see in time. GOD DAMN TRITES one of the cheapest creatures known to the Doom Universe!!!! Ah hell I MIGHT play Nam 67 on one of my friends comps but I definitely will not purchase it until it proves itself worthy in my eyes.

Post by Guest »

Call of duty was a good game, who could hate it.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

The only *recent* FPS I could ever get into was Duke Nukem 3D. I played HL1 for a few days, but just didn't find a real fun factor..Played Unreal 2k4, and it was neat if you had some mods, but otherwise I rather hade online games...Especially FPS where the only other onliners are people who frag you 3 seconds after you join...And they're only 10 years old.

I loved Blake Stone, Wolfenstein 3D, Rise of The Triad, Doom I & II, Heretic, Hexen, Blood, Shadow Warrior, Duke 3D, and all 3 Descent games. Oh, and I really really liked Quake 1...After that I was unimpressed with everything.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

I was/am a real Half-Life addict. Damn the mods were sweet. Propably the best 50 bucks I've spent on a game yet, considering how many hundreds of hours of entertainment I got from all the mods that came out like mushrooms in the rain.

CS my ass! Day of Defeat, Firearms, Team Fortress Classic, Science and Industry... Those were some really, really great games to play online.
Lunchmeat
Strider
Strider

Post by Lunchmeat »

I could never get into Firearms, and when I tried to play Science and Industry there were no players on the servers. I played Day of Defeat a little. It's way better than Battlefield by far. Mostly I stuck to CS and TFC like a good little noob. All that without my own copy of the game, as well.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Firearms must be one of the most complex and "deep" first person shooters I've ever played. Honestly.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:The only *recent* FPS I could ever get into was Duke Nukem 3D. I played HL1 for a few days, but just didn't find a real fun factor..Played Unreal 2k4, and it was neat if you had some mods, but otherwise I rather hade online games...Especially FPS where the only other onliners are people who frag you 3 seconds after you join...And they're only 10 years old.

I loved Blake Stone, Wolfenstein 3D, Rise of The Triad, Doom I & II, Heretic, Hexen, Blood, Shadow Warrior, Duke 3D, and all 3 Descent games. Oh, and I really really liked Quake 1...After that I was unimpressed with everything.
Speaking of Duke Nukem when is the new game coming out? Also what about Wolfenstein? I heard ID muttering about making another one. If that's true then YAY! :joy:

Also did Trent Reznor stay to finish scoring the music for DOOM 3? I heard long ago that he had quit because ID was taking their sweetass time.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Duke Nukem Forever will never actually be released. They've been "working" on it for like 8 years now.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

It's like the ultimate urban legend. I think the company actually just took all the money, left up a website, and went to mexico or something. It would explain why they're dicking around always.

From what I can tell, it's like this. The programmers, designers, whatever finally finish a product, it goes gold, and then the head guy puts it back on the drawing board cause he wants to use some new technology or whatever.
Harriers for the cup.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

kok

Post by Janus Matchell »

I went to the 3d realms official site a second ago. They still haven't given an official date as to when it's going to be released. But I did see Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project for sale. It contained DN 1 and 2 but with 3d's graphic and fpsness. I hope that Duke Nukem forever won't suck. I imagine it won't but who knows it might.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

DN: Manhattan is pretty fun. It's not a proper substitute for DN:F, but it's all we got until they stop wasting their customer's time. It came out over a year ago, BTW. I liked it, but I wouldn't have actually paid for it.

Oh, yeah! On to FPS again. I take back my "*recent*" statement. I did like Max Payne a whole lot. I played it over and over. But I think it's because it had an engaging 1 Player game. Serious Sam wasn't too bad. It's graphics blew me away the first time I saw it, but after 3 levels of over-spawning creatures, I got bored as shit and never played it again. Max Payne is still on my secondary hard drive, though. Last access date for the exe was Sept 3, 2003 at 3:42AM
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Max Payne is a 3-rd person shooter
Harriers for the cup.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Max Payne is a 3-rd person shooter
Sho-nuff. Didn't even think about that. :) I guess I retract my retraction.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Well, just the part about it being a FPS. Max Payne is still a pretty great game in my opinion.
Harriers for the cup.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

DAC

Post by Janus Matchell »

Wolfman Walt wrote:Well, just the part about it being a FPS. Max Payne is still a pretty great game in my opinion.
I liked the first Max Payne. The second one was good but it could have been alot better. I just hope that they won't release another pointless sequel he achieved his objective in the Max Payne and Max Payne 2 in the fact that he killed everyone.
Our Host!