GTA SA

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:The original GTA games came out for PC first.
Yeah but like always they moved with the market. GTA 2 is the best game in the series, probably because it was still a PC-oriented game unlike the recent ones, they seem to be aimed for the PS2 market, it’s not surprising really.

I blame Rockstar Games. Damn those bastards.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

the original concept of gta was great, but its (imho) been improved drasticly with gta2, 3 and vice city, i can only expect the same level of continued improvements from rockstar.

like it or not, launching it on the ps2 will make them money, and thats all they want... they dont want to entertain you, they want you to buy their stuff. This is were their primary market is.
But thats another argument. As for launching it on other consoles and pc, of course they will, Not doing that would be financially suicidal for rockstar.

All in all, i'm gonna be a mindless zombie for weeks after it comes out and i buy it.
So :P heheh
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

You say Rockstar, rockstar who? They are about 4 devisions with the name "Rockstar" at the beginning.

Rockstar Games wants to make money.

Rockstar North wants to entertain people.

Edit: Oh and by the way please take note that Rockstar Games isn't a company, all the money it makes and uses is from Take 2. So in technically it's Take 2 who wants to make the money.

Rockstar Games is to Take 2 as BIS was to Interplay.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

who cares? its just symantics anyway. you obviously know what i was ranting about. lol
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

It should come out on PC roughly eight months after PS2 release, if it's like Vice City or GTAIII.

Oh baby. If any game could change my life, this game is going to be it. And I'll be in University by the time it comes out.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
First Force
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by First Force »

i would have preffered to see the game loos cannon then gta sa,but unfortunatly they iced it.
it looked better, more stuff you could do etc.
You are losing it, doesn`t matter, let`s close our eyes and wake up from this dream.....
-------------------------------
Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

lose cannon?
First Force
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by First Force »

sorry typo, but its loose cannon, it looked better and you could do more in the game.

http://www.3dactionplanet.com/loosecannon/
also this tickles my fancy
http://www.autoassault.com/
You are losing it, doesn`t matter, let`s close our eyes and wake up from this dream.....
Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I once met the head or one of the senior people from rockstar, i think it was around the time of GTA1 or something, we were playing carmaggeddon 1 and rating it to see if it would win some award or something.
He was pretty funny, from what I remember, though at the time I wasn't 18 and he was worried about me playing carmaggedon.
incidentally at the same event i met peter molyneux who was pretty interesting, he was hyping black and white at the time, or saying the game was in development but couldn't talk about it.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Auto Assault looks like an MMOG in the WC3 engine :/
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

Anyone familiar with Madchester? There's going to be a Madchester character in the game :)
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Who's that?
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

i know that name boywoos... cant remember where from though lol
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

Madchester was a style of music which came out of Manchester, England in the mid to late eighties. It was kinda like dance rock. The artists that you're likely to be familiar with would be the Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, New Order, James, KLF and Primal Scream.
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Resident GTA freak reporting in...:

GTA:SA's features include three cities and atleast 12 small communities, a large countryside, a mile-high (roughly) mountain that can be traversed... Ragdoll body physics, you can work out to gain muscletone, you can starve yourself skinny, you can grow fat... these aren't superficial, they will cause slow movement, clumsiness, weakness in melee combat, or the opposites. You can customise your body with a ton of tattoes, facial hair styles and head hair styles. You can swim with various styles, there are three unarmed combat styles, some rpg like elements for weapons firing where you can level up and practise various aspects of your shooting abilities...

The combat controls and camera are now alot more refined, based upon Manhunt's control system...

What else... Police will be a hell of a lot cleverer, and will fire from their bikes, they will use more aggressive tactics... You'll be able to break into and burgle the larger houses, stealing the electrical appliances and loading them into a van outside before making your getaway... there will be big-money cross-country delivery missions using tanker trucks...

Tons of other junk, that's just what came to mind. Now you are supposed to get excited.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

omg omg yay tons of character graphical customizationz! that adds a LOT of depth to the game!
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I would actually consider buying a PS2 for this game, but vice city loaded so slowly on the PS2 I used to have that I don't think I could go through it again.
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

I never found the loading times a problem. You had to wait two minutes max at the beginning and about twenty seconds in between each section of the city. I'd suggest getting a PS2, they're really good fun.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Yep.

Or wait like 2 years for SA on the PC.

Post by Guest »

boywoos wrote:Anyone familiar with Madchester? There's going to be a Madchester character in the game
I hope that means there will be Madchester tunes, too. Just one more reason why I must have this game NOW.
Fallout Junkie wrote:GTA 2 is the best game in the series
Get off the rock, yo. GTA2 blew monkey chunks, and...come on. Better than GTAIII? Better than Vice City? Really? Are you absolutely sure about that? Because you can change your answer anytime. Seriously.

No, you're...you're sticking with GTA2, huh? Oh. Okay, then. Well, then....I...I have to go now.
Our Host!