GTA SA

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

GTA SA

Post by avenger69ie »

http://www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas/

site has been updated, new pictures and info on the game, also an 8meg video... looks fairly groovy.

Post by Guest »

Cool screens, and that video was awesome. Can't wait to play that thing.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

hmmm

Post by Janus Matchell »

I liked it. Nostalgia for me brings me back to the days of Tu Pac and when rap was generally good. Graphics look alot better and the video from what I saw was pretty fluid. I just hope it will be totally badass.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

funny, i thought it was really grainy and the graphics dont look much better than VC, however i'm still really looking forward to it. I assume they'll be updating frequently as the game is due out in less than a month worldwide.

i'd like to see what is going to be on the soundtrack besides rap, as i'm not a big fan of agressive spoken word. Although some NWA stuff was hilarious

Post by Guest »

avenger69ie wrote:funny, i thought it was really grainy and the graphics dont look much better than VC.....
I'd have to agree, but I'd also say that the theme and the charachter movements are better than VC.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

true, also, there are supposedly a lot more interiors and things you can do... like getting fat from eating too much fast food and not working out lol. i've heard you have more control over your goons too, unlike VC where they wander around like headless chickens, ignoring you. I seen a barbers shop in there too... wonder if the afro the guy got is customisable lol that'd be inetresting.
But!! so far this is a PS2 game only.

Post by Guest »

avenger69ie wrote:true, also, there are supposedly a lot more interiors and things you can do... like getting fat from eating too much fast food and not working out lol.
I wonder if the opposite works as well.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

apparently so, when you work out, you gain strenght, lose weight etc..
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

avenger69ie wrote:true, also, there are supposedly a lot more interiors and things you can do... like getting fat from eating too much fast food and not working out lol. i've heard you have more control over your goons too, unlike VC where they wander around like headless chickens, ignoring you. I seen a barbers shop in there too... wonder if the afro the guy got is customisable lol that'd be inetresting.

I wish fallout 3 would be similar so that you could gain weight or get fat and stuff like that Ilike it when rpg's are badass and intricate like that.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Nice to see they're moving away from the mod scene. It was getting a little stale.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

What? PS2 ONLY? Shit, that sucks ass.
I guess I have to download a PS2-emulator and warez the game.

Fuck you, RockstarGames.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

None of the PS2 emulators currently available will really play a PS2 game....Especially a new one. I think there are a few that run the bios rather smoothly, but for the most part, they're just bios emulators for now.

Also, PS2 only isn't so bad...I've got all 3 consoles, so I'll be able to play the day it comes out. Though with GTA 3/VC, I waited till they came out on the XBOX, and I was vastly pleased with the improvements over the PS2 version.
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Mr. Teatime »

I had a PS2 and tried Vice City, load times and framerate and control issues made it suck. So I'm waiting for the PC version or seeing if there's a way to emulate it on the PC.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

You idiots, there's going to be a PC version. It'll just be about a year after the PS2 one. JUST LIKE BOTH PREVIOUS GTA GAMES OMG
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

The original GTA games came out for PC first. OMG. And I liked GTA I and GTA II a lot more than GTA III. GTA London was quite fun, too.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:The original GTA games came out for PC first. OMG. And I liked GTA I and GTA II a lot more than GTA III. GTA London was quite fun, too.
I've also noticed GTA3 and VC can only be controlled correctly using a PC, too.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

hae

Post by Janus Matchell »

So what about GTA:SA coming out on X-BOX? GTA and GTA:VC came out on X-BOX so why not GTA:SA? It will suck bigtime if it doesn't.
Kotario
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Kotario »

I remember when Vice City was released, they said it was for the Playstation 2 only at first. Yeah right, of course it was released for the X-Box and the PC later, those markets have been far too lucrative for Rockstar to ignore.
"It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow." - Robert Goddard
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

Kotario wrote:I remember when Vice City was released, they said it was for the Playstation 2 only at first. Yeah right, of course it was released for the X-Box and the PC later, those markets have been far too lucrative for Rockstar to ignore.
I see your point I am just jumping to conclusions like I always do. However are they going to have an original soundtrack or are they going to bring back the beats from the day with like Wu Tang Clan, Tu Pac, Master P, Ice Cube, Ice T, Dr.Dre and classic cool ass rapers like that?
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Spazmo wrote:You idiots, there's going to be a PC version. It'll just be about a year after the PS2 one. JUST LIKE BOTH PREVIOUS GTA GAMES OMG
Well, I kinda thought like that too, before this:
So OMGOMGOMG

-------

I think it would be fun to play with a black guy for a change. I was getting tired of those fat caucasians.
Our Host!