Back in the Day...

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Back in the Day...

Post by Janus Matchell »

Hey who here in this forum remembers the old Playstation game Project Overkill. It was released by Konami and it boosted at the time some of the most violent and gory effects: tracking blood, Blowing people?things/aliens/robots to bits. Not to mention like 30+ levels. I remember but I wanna know if you folks here at the DAC remember it. So please reply I wanna here some memories.
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!

Post by Guest »

Yeah I remember that game. I can get it at the Rite-Aid across the street for like $7.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

well

Post by Janus Matchell »

Hey man snag that son of a bitch up and sit back for the best graphics 1997 had to offer because it is a true testament to how badass a game can be beside Fo and Fo2.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I remember it. It was an ok game, but I liked Crusader no Remorse better. There was a copy of it also released for playstation and I still occasionally play it.
Harriers for the cup.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

hmmm

Post by Janus Matchell »

Crusader No Remorse you say? I remember that one pretty well I rented it but I could never find a copy of it for sale anywhere here where I live. The game was awesome but the levels were as long as hell and sometimes there was cheapness involved when it came to the AI.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Crusader was on Playstation too? Was that No Regret or No Remorse? Or both?

I've got Remorse for PC, it's the biggest bitch to get running, you basically need a pure dos environment not even win 95 can handle it.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

My computer I got in 1997 was able to boot to DOS with all the drivers and such.

But after two hard drive crashes it can't do that anymore. I used to run Crusader: No Remorse, Renegade: Battle for Jacob's Star and an assload of classic Sierra comedy adventure games.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

No Remorse, sadly, no regret never came out on PS and I got a computer like long after it was released.
Harriers for the cup.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

was

Post by Janus Matchell »

I am so glad you people all know what I am talking about when it comes to old ass games that kick the ass in a asskicking ball busting type of way.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I think the truly goriest game ever on the Playstation was "Thrill Kill" which I don't think was ever actually released. There's so much morbid, bloody, meaty violence that it's a must-have if you've got a modded PSX or PS2.
IGN wrote:The PlayStation's most famous cancelled fighter, Thrill Kill was never officially released in any region. Surprisingly enough, the finished game is a popular underground/black market item.
You can find it all over the internet (P2P) if you've got a mod chip.

It seriously has some of the best graphics I've ever seen on the Playstation, too. Extremely fluid animations, and it's freaking fun to rip someone's head off with your stilts (if you play as the midget character).
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:I think the truly goriest game ever on the Playstation was "Thrill Kill" which I don't think was ever actually released. There's so much morbid, bloody, meaty violence that it's a must-have if you've got a modded PSX or PS2.
IGN wrote:The PlayStation's most famous cancelled fighter, Thrill Kill was never officially released in any region. Surprisingly enough, the finished game is a popular underground/black market item.
You can find it all over the internet (P2P) if you've got a mod chip.

It seriously has some of the best graphics I've ever seen on the Playstation, too. Extremely fluid animations, and it's freaking fun to rip someone's head off with your stilts (if you play as the midget character).
Yeah I know you can get Thrill Kill over the internet. But also another reason it wasn't released is because EA got ahold of in the end and refused to release a game rated M. So they shelved it and moved on. Electronic Arts has NEVER ever released a game with the rating of M because they feel it will tarnish their record as being a "clean" company. I think that BS because that was one the reason Colonial Marines got canned to make room for AvP:Extinction.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I'm still waiting on my Aliens Versus Predator scrolling beat em up that was released like 6 years ago in the arcade and never came out on a game system here. Thanx alot Capcom! Yous guys are real pals.
Harriers for the cup.

Post by Guest »

I've seen an AvP game here for like $20. Decent graphics. About Half-life quality.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

lol

Post by Janus Matchell »

Wolfman Walt wrote:I'm still waiting on my Aliens Versus Predator scrolling beat em up that was released like 6 years ago in the arcade and never came out on a game system here. Thanx alot Capcom! Yous guys are real pals.
I remember that one it was way back in late 95 when it was released though. It was badass but the only way you can get is either A.buy the cabinet or b.download an arcade emulator and then AvP.
fallout ranger wrote:I've seen an AvP game here for like $20. Decent graphics. About Half-life quality.
He talking about the FPS not the arcade game which kicked inconceivable amounts of ass.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Re: was

Post by Stainless »

Janus Matchell wrote:I am so glad you people all know what I am talking about when it comes to old ass games that kick the ass in a asskicking ball busting type of way.
Define old. I found more games enjoyable/playable on the Amiga 500 then PSX. Main problem with the Playstation was the "OH! CD! Lets cram loads of shitty FMV!"
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

stainless

Post by Janus Matchell »

By Old ass game I mean any game that came out that was as awesome then as it is as awesome now. For example Contra was an old ass game that still kicks lots of ass, Galaga kicks inconceivabe amounts of ass and it doesn't even have 128bit grahics like X-BOX, Playstation2, or Game Cube.

Post by Guest »

Janus Matchell wrote:Contra was an old ass game that still kicks lots of ass
That game, simply put:

KICKED ASS :drunk:
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

snaw

Post by Janus Matchell »

Do any of you remember how cool the original Metroid was on the NES?

Post by Guest »

I liked it but it wasn't like "Wow, this game is so cool lets go start a gang for it!" cool.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

2 words: Super Cars.
Our Host!