If you could spare a moment....

Role-play any post-apocalyptic scenario to your heart's content or discuss unofficial Fallout PnP games.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

If you could spare a moment....

Post by Janus Matchell »

Alright here's the deal how many you here in the forums have had a bad gaming experience and if so what was it?

Sorry folks but I was a tad bit curious to here some opinions oh what ruins the gaming experience for most role-players.

Thanks a bunch,
Janus Matchell
Ignore my warnings and pay no heed then your live will be ended shortly indeed!
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

DMs which are too serious.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

dito.

Post by Janus Matchell »

I have ran into that barrier before Gm's that are too serious are bad as they have one track sessions and refuse to let humor into the group.
That is what killed rping for me when I started was overly serious GMs who happened to be rules nazis.

Thanks for the time,
Janus
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Aside from people who take the game too seriously sometimes, my worst experience would be one of my players ruining my half-year Planescape campaign by poisoning one of the NPCs that he didn't like and then deciding to rip up his character sheet. Since he was a central character to the campaign, he basically ruined anything and I was forced to start over from scratch.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

man...

Post by Janus Matchell »

Dude that sucks that has happened to me before except it was in a rifts campaign and the lead character that I was messing with his girlfriend I however wasn't and was oblivious to why he did ruin it. Never make a single character a main point in any campaign is something me and you Atoga have learned the hard way.
Lup_Alb_13
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Lup_Alb_13 »

I had the same experience in my romanian version of Fallout PnP called "Radioactiv", but the player was a girl playing a sort of "rogue" characer, a young "street boy" selling pre-war papers and magazines as day time job and a snaky thief as night time job. She has uncovered early in the game somme leads to my main plot and I thought I can use that to make a new adventure hook but she left the game just in time to let the party inthe middle of nowhere...
Sommetimes the truth is at the wrong side of the shotgun barrel ...
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

Lup_Alb_13 wrote:I had the same experience in my romanian version of Fallout PnP called "Radioactiv", but the player was a girl playing a sort of "rogue" characer, a young "street boy" selling pre-war papers and magazines as day time job and a snaky thief as night time job. She has uncovered early in the game somme leads to my main plot and I thought I can use that to make a new adventure hook but she left the game just in time to let the party inthe middle of nowhere...
Is it just me or our chicks in gaming a rare commodity?

Post by Guest »

No, it's not just you.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

dude

Post by Janus Matchell »

Oh hell yeah we don't have as many as cool gamer chick here because my town is a conservative as constipation. No kidding also alot of girls I know aren't smart enough to play RPG's or even if given the chance use one (pun intended). I have had 4 chicks gamers in my group and that was over the period of 5 years. You do the math.

Post by Guest »

Janus Matchell wrote:conservative as constipation
Wow, that's pretty conservative.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

oh I know

Post by Janus Matchell »

I am not kidding the church I go to is liberal but alot of the other churches are fucking fun nazis by far. They rule this city with an IRON FIST. It took House of 1000 corpses three weeks to get here after it came out and it was the same thing with Farenheit 9/11 because conservative assholes at my cityhall don't like controversial and if it were up to them we wouldn't have anything remotely resembling fun as we would probably become the Utah of Texas.

Post by Guest »

Janus Matchell wrote:Farenheit 9/11
Michael Moore sucks.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

dude

Post by Janus Matchell »

Hey man did you see Farenheit 9/11? If you saw it you would probably wouldn't think so. Trust me I saw it and I learned alot and then I researched to make that what I saw wasn't bullshit yellow journalism. SO please if you could set aside the time to go see it that would be appreciated.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Fahrenheit 9/11 is (1) badly made and (2) basically made up by Michael Moore on the spot. I have a big long rant on him in GD.

I've gamed with maybe three girls in three years? Kind of sad. And two of them were fat and stupid. Kind of sucks, doesn't it? I can understand girls not being interested in violence-heavy games like D&D or Shadowrun, but you think they'd like mystery stuff like Call of Cthulhu more. Maybe people just need to get the word out.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

ty

Post by Janus Matchell »

See eveb Atoga has been afflicted with the fat idiot bitch gamer syndrome where the only chicks you can get to come to the session that you yourself wouldn't fuck with someone else's dick. I have had to fat idiot bitch gamers and two hot non-exgirlfriend gamers join our group and leave promptly after our relationship was over mainly due to the fact my idiot gamer friends wouldn't quit harrassing her. Keep all male idiots away from you gal if you don't wan't to go out with Rosy Palm trust me on this. :hahano:

Hey by the way check out Chronicles of Stupid:Part 2. I just finished it so go take a look.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I've still managed to have gamed a few times with one really cute girl. That's about it. I don't have a girlfriend, but if I did I highly doubt that I'd introduce her to gaming.

Most of the gamer girls I know but haven't played with are into that gothic shit with VTM, though.
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

The two cute girls I mentioned before were already gamers they just weren't acclimatized to the stench of BO and lack of manners. Also many but not all of the people in my group I would barely consider friends. They all have the same attitude for many outlooks on everything from movies to reading. They don't let themselves introduce themselves new people unless either A. Their Hot and not a dude, B. Hate me and all I stand for or C. Think inside the same box they are. Anyways one of them got obssessed with my exgf and it got ugly and I wound up having to beat his ass into the ground which wasn't hard as I am the physical strongest (fear me I am gamer with muscles) and most experienced when it comes to dispensing pain(thanks to growing up in the ghetto that was Oakcliff in Dallas.) He still games with us but he knows my wrath. Lesson learned right? I now never bring girls to where we game because I am wiser now.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Oh, well that explains it. My gaming group is composed of friends and the occasional friend of a friend, and while they may be stupid, they're well-mannered and certainly hygenic.

As for similar taste in stuff, I have got maybe four friends who even have remotely similar taste in music / books / movies as I have. So my life sucks.

How old are you, anyway?
Janus Matchell
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Janus Matchell »

Me, I'm 20 and am on the verge of being a sophmore in college (damn lost catching the flu) The new gaming group I am in has 2 dudes I don't even know and like two friends who I have know for awhile since I was junior in High School. As far as hygene is concerned the owner of the place where game walked with a bottle of Fabreeze and proceeded to spray they stinky smell bad gamers afterwards he handed them sample sticks od old spice and told to not enter his store again until they smelt better. About 6 months later only 1 of 3 has returned and he has a new outlook on life. As far as the other two are concerned they don't like me, the owner of the store or the fact that people hate them for being reclusive assholes.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Janus Matchell wrote:Me, I'm 20 and am on the verge of being a sophmore in college...
I take it you're not an English major.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Our Host!