Fo2 pre-Fo1 mod

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.

Fo2 pre-Fo1 mod

Post by Guest »

I'd like to know who'd be interested in a pre-Fo1 timeframe mod for Fo2. I have a fair hand at making maps but I'd need to get some scripting help because I'm too lazy and stupid to bother.
wild_qwerty
Regular
Regular

Post by wild_qwerty »

Yea can change the start time in FO2 by hex-editing the fallout2.exe or you could just use this snazy loader that does it for you

Post by Guest »

nobody huh? Put it out of it's misery.
wild_qwerty
Regular
Regular

Post by wild_qwerty »

If you want to get involved with modding contact one of the other mod teams such as MR or Project Fanout 3

Post by Guest »

What I mean by "Fo2 pre-Fo1 mod" was to have the setting be immediately after the war occurs. Like when the brotherhood leaves Mariposa.
wild_qwerty
Regular
Regular

Post by wild_qwerty »

I was thinking of making a mod called 'Fallout 0' and have it set as a prequil to Fallout. But I never got around to it and joined MR instead :)

Though there would be a lot of cool things you could do, such as talk the master before he got mutated, vist Necropolise before the people were Ghouls. It would be kind of cool to pay the BOS a vist while they were still setting up their operations. Maybe be a raider and attack their convoy.

Unfortunatly I dont have the time to do this, but it does show a great deal of potenial
Last edited by wild_qwerty on Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Damn dude you just thought of a BUNCH of good ideas, thanks man. Is there anyone who can help me with scripts? If not somebody teach me how.

How is MR coming BTW?
wild_qwerty
Regular
Regular

Post by wild_qwerty »

Pretty good thanks, I have nearly finished converting all the critters from FOT into FO2. The movies are coming along nicely etc...

Takes a load of time though. I'm no scripter unfortunately so I cant really help you with that.
Our Host!