strange fallout 2 glitch/bug

If you can't get the Fallout games to run the way you want, or are having trouble with bugs, here's the place to ask for help.
echotheory
SDF!
SDF!

strange fallout 2 glitch/bug

Post by echotheory »

So I just started playing. Finished up everything in Arroyo and the Temple and I move on to Klavath(sp?) or whatever the next marked town is. When I click to enter it, the rocketship/earth cursor comes up and just spins. Nothing happens and the game basically freezes.

So, I reload my game, and search around the map for other towns, I can enter the Den and Redding with no problems at all but Klavath makes my game freeze when I try to enter it.

Any solutions?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Skip Klamath D:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

If restarting the game or reinstalling it aren't helping, I'd suggest the same as Sauron.
echotheory
SDF!
SDF!

Post by echotheory »

well, i had pushed along a little bit and made to the ghost farm area but there are other "town/event" areas up there that when i try to enter from the map, my game stops working... thinking it might be a lost cause at this point.

Post by Guest »

Sometimes when I save in another slot it'll work okay. I guess slots get corrupted sometimes.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

That sucks dude. I would definitely try a fresh install. And this time make sure you patch the game. That's the best I can do...
Our Host!