Special pallettes for F2?

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
blueparrot1966
SDF!
SDF!

Special pallettes for F2?

Post by blueparrot1966 »

I've got a different question now. Some of the best graphics files from the unpacked .dat's don't display properly, and I'm figuring they use a special pallette. I've figured out that that's why a screen capture utility wasn't working for me, either.

But I've tried loading all of the pallettes frorm the Master.dat filie, using Ice-Berg's .frm converter, and I've had no luck displaying them properliy. Surely there's a way to save things like the "Please stand by" splash screen as a .jpg that'll show up normally on a standard computer program like Paint. I've seen it done with a few. Can anyone give me a hint on how to do it?
wild_qwerty
Regular
Regular

Post by wild_qwerty »

They should all use hte standard FO2 palette unless there is another file there with the same name but the extension *.PAL

eg: filename.frm ===> filename.pal

what file are you having the problem with?
Red
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Red »

Some viewers support the defunct RIX format (notably GRV).

It's not a FRM so obviously you won't be able to view them with a FRM viewer/converter.
Perceptron
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Perceptron »

2 blueparrot1966:
Try Viewer1.1 by Jab (from fallout.ru) for view and convert splash screens (files *.RIX). Also it can view and convert FRM (using right palette) and show MVE files.
Our Host!