Junk

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Adv. Powered Armor Mk. 2 with built-in Power Fist?
Serious Business.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Since when are those considered Junk?
Harriers for the cup.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Ouch. I was reffering to atoga's post:
To make NPC teaching / schematics useful, you could be given new options for methods in combining items. For instance, any idiot could combine item A with B to make a half-decent item C, but you need to be in the know to combine item A with B while doing process D to create item E, the new-and-improved version of item C with some wacky new features.
Serious Business.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Gimp Mask wrote:I don't get your point... it's a game, it doesn't have to be like real-life.
My point was that, in this case, it would most likely be too limited a feature to not suck... In theory, I would support such a feature, I guess I'm just being too pessimistic when I say that Bethesda probably won't figure out how to make the junk idea work.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I don't see why you guys think it'd be so unbalanced to have a junk+junk=whatever sort of deal. Yeah, your second time you might know from the start that APAmk2+PowerFist + rubber chicken + urinal cake = Abrams Main Battle Tank, but if your science isn't 3,000% then you can't very well do it, now can you?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

My point wasn't that it wouldn't be balanced... I was saying it would end up being a lame feature due to improper implementation... maybe I can't explain myself very well, so I retract my statement. Forget I said it!
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

It would be hart to implement, yeah. The hard part would simply be the mechanical considerations of devising different combinations and new items, and we all know that Bethesda is lacking in the constructive ideas department.

But all of this stuff together would make purely tech characters quite viable. Rather than shooting, talking, or sneaking your way through the game, you could build your way to success. Tech characters wouldn't be purely limited to building, either: they could repair old artifacts (like the water chip?) and sabotage other things (like the requisite ticking nuke that appears at the end of the game?) as necessary.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Well, when you put it like that... I agree!

Post by Guest »

Wow, speaking of making items from nothing look at this cool VB screenshot.

Hint: bottom-right corner.

VB screen
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

We've all seen this screenshot dozens of times before.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller

Post by Guest »

Its promising though. That is if they hadn't scrapped VB.
Our Host!