Name a SINGLE new feature you want in FO3.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
talesfromthecrypt
SDF!
SDF!

Post by talesfromthecrypt »

Urizen wrote:what i would really like is for new loot to be more different than better.

in FO1 & 2, everyone wants the power armour. if you're a trader you want it for the carrying weight, if you're a fighter you want it for protection, if you're anything else you want it because there isn't anything else. i always loved the robes, and i wanted to wear them and roleplay a super-intelligent sniper hermit, but i couldn't, because there wasn't any stats-based justification for it.

that's something they actually did better in obliveous. i only ever finished the dark brotherhood and the thief questlines, but i remember holding on to the black robes from the brotherhood way longer than i should have, just because they looked so cool, especially when i was riding that black horse and all. :infamous +40:[/i]
Yeah, I know what you mean. I would have loved to wear that Mad Max Style Leather Jacket troughout the entire game, running around BoS armor was not really the way I imagined my char.
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

That's one thing that FOT got right, the armours had differnt penealties, Power armour made sneaking skill get nuked for example.

Same for metal armours.

Where Robes or combat armour would be a lot better for that.

That said, Id rather have it stay the way it was, thatn have bethesda 'reinvent' FO.
Todd Howard wrote: The spirit of Fallout - we've missed it
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

talesfromthecrypt wrote:[Yeah, I know what you mean. I would have loved to wear that Mad Max Style Leather Jacket troughout the entire game, running around BoS armor was not really the way I imagined my char.
Well, you could have, but it wasn't very survivable. Which is realistic. I wouldn't want the supermutants scaled down to a leather-jacket level by some stupid Bethesda "fairness" algorithm anyway.

What I would have liked to see is more options for the Stealth Boy character, so that you could not just sneak by but also silently and individually assassinate enemies while wearing the StealthBoy (or some similar cloaking device).
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
PsychoSnipers
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by PsychoSnipers »

Hell, or just plain sneak by them, by waiting til they left an opening.

There should have been some way to utilize silent death / sniper perks with that as well, sneak up on a guy, massive critical, hes dead, and noone else attacks or notices (but you have to move the body or hide it)
Todd Howard wrote: The spirit of Fallout - we've missed it
Mechanurgist
Strider
Strider

Post by Mechanurgist »

Metal Gear Fallout. Shoot all the damn crates.
Death: "Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me!"
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Splash screens for different town/faction/NPC endings.
vx trauma
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by vx trauma »

realistic sex scenes.
Please Kill Yourself So I Can Rock
gorrilaz
SDF!
SDF!

Post by gorrilaz »

first fallout 3 must improve anything from 1,2 new feature i dream about..
1. can create own city
2. can married and have a child
3. life time (that can become more realistic i think)
4. item combine to build another more powerfull
5. map must all in real world
6. fallout 1,2 feature not missing in fallout 3, but must improve with many new features..
7. more mini games
8. can create own flag with player design..
9. third person view with zoom and out view in 3d
10. character must have scary lookin because this post nuklear game with many pollution..
11. many race that evolution from nuklear toxic become weird thing like mutant and ghoul in fallout 1,2
12. combat combos with consumtion AP
13. music change feature from player mp3 collection that can make player not boring to listen same music.. (because i played fallout more often than other game.. 4 year i played that.. this not one day game this is game for maniac who can play in 10 year maybe 20 year)
14. weapon upgrade
15. player must eat sometime (i think that make game more realistic)
16. i do not want this turn based rpg game become crazy tactic again or another genre..
that's it :chainsaw:
[HpA]SniperPotato
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by [HpA]SniperPotato »

For it to not suck
Fallout Tactics multiplayer: COOPnet and MegaCOOP map pack
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

gorrilaz wrote:first fallout 3 must improve anything from 1,2 new feature i dream about..
1. can create own city
2. can married and have a child
3. life time (that can become more realistic i think)
4. item combine to build another more powerfull
5. map must all in real world
6. fallout 1,2 feature not missing in fallout 3, but must improve with many new features..
7. more mini games
8. can create own flag with player design..
9. third person view with zoom and out view in 3d
10. character must have scary lookin because this post nuklear game with many pollution..
11. many race that evolution from nuklear toxic become weird thing like mutant and ghoul in fallout 1,2
12. combat combos with consumtion AP
13. music change feature from player mp3 collection that can make player not boring to listen same music.. (because i played fallout more often than other game.. 4 year i played that.. this not one day game this is game for maniac who can play in 10 year maybe 20 year)
14. weapon upgrade
15. player must eat sometime (i think that make game more realistic)
16. i do not want this turn based rpg game become crazy tactic again or another genre..
that's it :chainsaw:
i'm guessing he's a russian? :kermit:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
gorrilaz
SDF!
SDF!

Post by gorrilaz »

what?
oh i forgot something.. create city and can manage the city like konung 2 game.. view perspective first person view if we max zoom in and if we zoom out in maximum this game change to third person view i think.. :drunk:
TelemachusSneezed
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TelemachusSneezed »

I'd like a personal nuclear device launcher. Do you think Bethesda might put that in? That'd be way cool for taking out, like, giant ants or super mutants.
Death to quotes.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Whoever the fuck wrote 'bobbleheads' in this thread gets a new asshole. >:(
gorrilaz
SDF!
SDF!

Post by gorrilaz »

any information from bethesda? how this game will become? i think bethesda great by workin again fallout series.. briliant... dialog in this game maybe can more farious than before.. fallout game is the best game i ever seen.. ^^ every city must be have people die and born with life time or fight each other with their own problem automatical.. i think used engine oblivion not bad but with zoom out third person view like i say.. i believe bethesda will work great in this game like now they listen any fallout maniac is idea and suggestion.. revolutionary!
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Remove money, it just makes no sense in ze wastelandt.

Item for item barter system all the way.
Strider
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Strider »

Well, I want the humor of course and I knew those iddy biddy widdel boys at Bethesda will give me some nice humor. I will probably buy this game just for the laughs.
cazsim83
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by cazsim83 »

Reading the first couple pages of this was really sad, if only for the prophesies uttered.

At this point (which I know has no hope of ever happening) - I would like to see either Bethesda NOT make F3, or it to do so poorly, that only mods would make it redeemable.

Admittedly, I think the thing I am afraid of, is that a bunch of young console twinks will buy it up, think it's OMGZORG so great! - and Bethesda will make another one, or two, or four.

It almost *almost* makes me hope that Herv can get the MMORPG doing well, buy back the rights, get fired, and let Anderson or Feargus or somebody come back and do it right for the new generation.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

cazsim83 wrote:It almost *almost* makes me hope that Herv can get the MMORPG doing well, buy back the rights, get fired, and let Anderson or Feargus or somebody come back and do it right for the new generation.
No, Herv can't get anything right. He's a dickhead. A dick designed to fuck Fallout in the ass. Same goes for Feargus.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

you see your nephew Feargus, crying
sarge112
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by sarge112 »

What what WHA :chew:
Our Host!