Name a SINGLE new feature you want in FO3.

Since Bethesda decided to make Fallout 3, we figured we might as well have a forum about it.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

talesfromthecrypt wrote:Something else comes to my mind, the travel system. It always seemed a bit too easy to just click on the map and get where you wanted, regarding the fact that youre traveling trough the wasteland. A random encounter or a bit of radiation was the worst that could happen to you.

Anyone maybe played the Realms of Arcania games? Those games had a great travel system displaying the different aspects of traveling, like resting, supplies, injuries, the need to guard your camp at night etc. and it was realised trough a worldmap just like in Fallout.
Yes. This is almost exactly what I was thinking of for travel.
Rest Mode should also automatically apply First Aid and Doctor skills/equipment (Make it customizable to save rare supplies).

For graphical flair have a window showing the characters walking through a stylized representation of the type of terrain, perhaps a sort of dream-sequence montage.
If available graphics power is high enough have that view blended with the world map. (transparent overlay)

Animated tumblweeds and the desert wind, coyotes howling in the distance.
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

radcoyote? rumours?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

gray fox?

Imperial City Sewer Midgets?
Fa11lloutfan_15
Strider
Strider

Post by Fa11lloutfan_15 »

Redeye wrote:gray fox?
On a side note, the time you first meet him must be the greatest anticlimax in gaming history.
Cthulhugoat
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Cthulhugoat »

Redeye wrote:For graphical flair have a window showing the characters walking through a stylized representation of the type of terrain, perhaps a sort of dream-sequence montage.
Kind of like HOMMIII?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Cthulhu wrote:
Redeye wrote:For graphical flair have a window showing the characters walking through a stylized representation of the type of terrain, perhaps a sort of dream-sequence montage.
Kind of like HOMMIII?
No. More like a little film loop.

Like the picture of the car you would get in FO2 world map travel except more terrain types and more animation frames.
You would have the camera panning around and zooming in and out but it would mostly be a "Gods's Eye"/isometric view.

Maybe mix that together with HOMM3 style icon on map.
Steelkage
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Steelkage »

Idk if its a feature BUT i want a finished game...PLZ
For now i have none...but i will soon....
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Remove Karma points and make choices and consequences more ambiguous.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I wanna be able to become a post-apocalyptic serial-child murderer. And in order for that to happen, there has to be kids to kill. And not just one age group, I want babies, toddlers, 7-year olds, and 11-year olds.

If my demands are not met, I will only rent the game! Take that Bethesda!
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
LoneGunman
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by LoneGunman »

Dogmeatlives wrote:I wanna be able to become a post-apocalyptic serial-child murderer. And in order for that to happen, there has to be kids to kill. And not just one age group, I want babies, toddlers, 7-year olds, and 11-year olds.

If my demands are not met, I will only rent the game! Take that Bethesda!
Kinda like taking the concept of stealing candy from a baby a bit futher. Steal it and then blow the toddlers head backwards through the stroller.

One thing about the traveling system in FO1 & 2 was that i found it sort of wierd that you would have a big ass map showing you were everything was! Yeah the PipBoy was supposed to keep track of where you are and where you are heading and it does so without the help from GPS sattelites, beacons and so on.

Both games really lacked the feel of being completely lost in a huge wasteland with nothing but a vauge descripton of the direction you where supposed to go in. However, i am clueless on how you would make that any diffrent withouth turning the game into ½ RPG, ½ navigator puzzle game. Its not really something that bothers me, but i suppose that a sense of direction and navigation skill would be a handy thing to posses in a world that has been cleansed for all the usual thing that guides you towards your destination.

The black fog that would disappear when you walked through it on the world map, sorta gave you the idea of being going through a area that you had not been in before. But i found it kinda silly that some random guy in Klamath or whatever, could tell you exactly where New reno was and it would show up on the PipBoy's world map. Of course with a huge unexplored space between Klamath and New reno.

Maybe the outdoorsman skill could be made more visual here. If there is going to be a world map in FO3 it would be kinda cool if a high outdoorsman skill would let you notice paths in the "sand" from caravans and so on. Zooming in and out on the world map would be a vital feature because you would have to notice brahim footprints, tiretracks and so on in order to find, and follow them. A low outdoorsman skill would not allow you to notice footprints and tiretracks, so finding places would be a lot harder and take more time.

This would also fit better with a dialouge option where a NPC would give you the direction to a location by saying "Just follow the caravan trail south for a few days"

Maybe its lame, and completely unecesesary a feature to incorporate into a game. Its just that travling takes so fucking long and its merely a clickfest if you dont know where you are going. I like to be challenged instead of just scrolling down on a huge map to click on a destination and just sit there, waiting while drinking beer and smoking cigarretes.

MEh...
Mutant Dojo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mutant Dojo »

Well, as everybody allready said, Good diaolog with multiple options depanding on your stats and background(like if you were ranger in FO2 sherife n redding would know that)
actions and its consequance wich lack in morrowind and ofcourse turn-based combat(how else would I be able to fisting a mutant in the groing?)

And my own wish is that you could have different fighting stile (meele and unarmed)
Kinda like a perks and you could only have one(or maybe not) so you earne them, by them or maybe find in some special enocunders.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Mutant Dojo wrote:turn-based combat(how else would I be able to fisting a mutant in the groing?)
I agree. More fisting.
williamnixon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by williamnixon »

I'd like for the NPCs to be more independent; the way they've been in FO/FO2 was allright, but they were following my every lead, not careing whether or not their own comfort and wellbeing was threatened.
Meuh. <br>
myspace.com/themarycoxx
Mutant Dojo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mutant Dojo »

williamnixon wrote:I'd like for the NPCs to be more independent; the way they've been in FO/FO2 was allright, but they were following my every lead, not careing whether or not their own comfort and wellbeing was threatened.
Would be nice, and maybe also some more dialog betwen npc's like in KOTOR(good npc in an avarge game). Like in FO Katja always said she hated dog, so why didn't she just shoot it in combat and act like it was accdent "No, I had no idea that granade have area effekt; I just wonna kill that rat :? "

Also it would be nice with some more "bad"(what is bad?) npc lke slavers, gangsters...evil deathclaws who could sing irish songs.
PiP

Post by PiP »

Mutant Dojo wrote:how else would I be able to fisting a mutant
:lol: :rofl:
Mutant Dojo
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mutant Dojo »

PiP wrote:
me like you too :dance:
williamnixon
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by williamnixon »

Mutant Dojo wrote:evil deathclaws who could sing irish songs.
You caught my drift.
Meuh. <br>
myspace.com/themarycoxx
PiP

Post by PiP »

Mutant Dojo wrote:
PiP wrote:
me like you too :dance:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Fisting and irish songs, I like where Fallout 3 is headed.
LoneGunman
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by LoneGunman »

You should be able to have loads of sex in FO3, type of which depends on your characters karma! Evil characters should be into bondage and stuff and be able to do some fisting on the other party members...

*You spanked sulik for 4 hitpoints*

... or something
Our Host!