Stalker release date?

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Atoga's Bitch wrote:Valve and possibly Sierra would be literally burned to the ground if HL-2 disappeared.
ppl wood die, yo. Gabe Newheartwhatever wood b3 hung.
atoga wrote:I still haven't played Far Cry yet. :glum:
... So? ... :apathy: Quit your bitching.
atoga the biznatch wrote:Edit: And change your sig. It's lame. :sodomize:
Why? :atogaassrape:
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Far Cry's good... But I have much higher hopes for S.T.A.L.K.E.R, because Far Cry is like the mother god of all things arcade and Stalker is supposed to have slightly rpg'ish elements & some wicked realism...
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Stalker's supposed to have atmosphere, ambiance, story. It's actually supposed to be good.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

s4ur0n27 wrote:Stalker's supposed to have atmosphere, ambiance, story. It's actually supposed to be good.
Key word: supposed.

Yes, we all look at STALKER in awe. It's got a freaking cool background, it's got a great graphic engine and it looks like the gameplay is going to be rocking to the max.

but....

How many of you thought Deus Ex: Invisible War was going to be cool?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Not saying that STALKER will de facto be lé awesome because of what we've seen so far, but I think it was fairly obvious DX:IW was going to be utterly shitty way before the release if you bothered to read about all the xtreme "updates" & follow gaming media even a bit :S
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

We need a STALKER demo.
Alexander
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Alexander »

What a releif: a forum where people think that Half-Life was a mediocre game, compared to the usual "Halflife is the best, Counter-Strike rocks" ... and so on.

I bought Deus Ex: Invisible War thinking it would be at least as good as the first one... should have listened to the "sequels suck"-rule.

But Stalker on the other hand looks quite promising, I think they have real chances of pulling it off. Lets just hope they dont make a "Invisible War"-sequel...
There are no 'knowns'. There are thing we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know. So when we do the best we can and we pull all this information together, and we then say well that's basically what we see as the situation, that is really only the known knowns and the known unknowns. And each year, we discover a few more of those unknown unknowns.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

OMG OMG
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I, for one, really liked Half-Life. Just not any of the mods.

D:
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Half-Life was good. Some of the mods were good as well: Fire-Arms for example.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

HL was OK. I liked Unreal1 better.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Bah ! System Shock 1, INFIDELS ! :drunk:
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

half life was great, team fortress classic was aptly named, and system shock 2 is still one on the best fps's i've ever played.
Everyone knew DX:IW was gonna be shit.
Has anyone noticed that Doom3 is nearly identical to SS2?
First Force
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by First Force »

i want stalker, half life 2 (i liked the movies of it) and vampire bloodlines. i played doom, my god how that was overrated, the grafics were nice but that was all. i hated the weapons, the gameplay it was all total undoomish, fuckin cramped narrow halway ripped from avp piece of crap.
You are losing it, doesn`t matter, let`s close our eyes and wake up from this dream.....
-------------------------------
Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.
First Force
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by First Force »

i want stalker, half life 2 (i liked the movies of it) and vampire bloodlines. i played doom, my god how that was overrated, the grafics were nice but that was all. i hated the weapons, the gameplay it was all total undoomish, fuckin cramped narrow halway ripped from avp piece of crap.
You are losing it, doesn`t matter, let`s close our eyes and wake up from this dream.....
Never attribute to malice what can satisfactorily be explained away by stupidity.
Our Host!