Need help with PA MMORPG!

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
tristaan
SDF!
SDF!

Need help with PA MMORPG!

Post by tristaan »

A Post Apocalyptic MMORPG team is looking for more help. We only have 3 currently working on the game and we are looking for more. Only those that will be committed should reply. We are looking for Writers, Artists, Modelers, and Animators. Please write to me and let me know if you are interested. There is no pay, but you will get great experience in working on a MMORPG.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

You're gonna get your ass laughed out of here for asking something so ridiculous.
Last edited by Mad Max RW on Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Hm... No pay, but you're still planning on to make profit out of it? Wow, VERY INTERSETINGING DUDE!
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Maybe you should dazzle me with some concept art or screenshots, instead of claiming that you are going to make a game like everyone else on the internet. I would guess 95% of games/mods that were dreamed up have never been created. What are your personal skills that you bring to the table? Can you do anything remotely helpful aside from tell me that a model isn’t rusty enough? From reading this it sounds as if you’re interested in getting a lot of free labor so you can possibly make some money by extorting the allowance out of 13 year olds so they can cyber with their e-girlfriend on the next ragnarok online. This game will suck even if it manages to make it into production, and I’m sure it wont.
tristaan
SDF!
SDF!

Post by tristaan »

Thanks for all the excitement about the game!:)...... This game will make no profit. It is currently planned to be free. We are not trying to run a sweatshop.
This project is just starting up, but maybe the reason these ideas never make it to a release is because people just laugh at it and will not support it......

Thanks... I expected support from this crowd. I was wrong.

Im an artist/modeler/animator btw...
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

Let me explain to you, in simple terms, how MMORPGS work, and why you can't realisticly have a good ORPG that's free. You have to support a network that will allow many thousands of players to get online at once. That's one fucking big server. Wonder why they charge you a monthly fee for most MMORPGS? How do you plan on updating the program, when it becomes overrun with bugs?

Tell us some more about the project.

You can't just jump on a forum telling us "we're making a pa MMORPG" and expect everyone to jump on. Give us specifics, etc.
Last edited by Phias on Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Indeed. If you're not making a profit out of it, I could save you the whole trouble of designing and developing a game and instead you could just send all the money you're prepared to burn on this project directly to my bank account. How does that sound? It saves you an awfully lot of time and trouble.

Seriously though, just give us more specific information and you might get the support you were looking for.
tristaan
SDF!
SDF!

Post by tristaan »

You are right... I will give you guys more info tonight. We may scratch the MMORPG aspect and go with a single player w/ multiplayer capabilites.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

A link, or some cold hard details, would be nice.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Whatever it is you're selling, I don't want it.
tristaan
SDF!
SDF!

Post by tristaan »

To give those of you interested, a REAL ROUGH draft is below(those that arent interested please dont waste your time posting, please.... you dont do anyone any good by being negative) I came to this site for help.

This is a working Design doc

“AfterMath : Clans of the Apocalypse�
Post World War 3, the world is a wasteland, the sky is blackened, a darkesque world, it is a dying/dead world that is incredibly volatile, earth is cracking apart in places, those who survived retreated to underground fortresses or were terribly twisted by radiation. Primitive societies have started to take root again. There is a great search to find a part of the world that has been left unscathed. Everything is valuable, wood, metal, food, water.

-in not too distant future
there is rebellion
nuclear, bio, and chem warfare
UN leader “dictator� in charge of World at time before destruction)
set somewhere in Europe (city or cities and surrounding areas)
a very dark 15th century style “Rebirth�
clans can make alliances(will need to defeat all to win)
thinking there can be “elections� for leaders of each clan in game
real time physics (can pick up objects in game world to fight with, etc.)
“street fighter� type fighting (not “sit back and watch the comp do everything�)

-excerpt from design doc in progress:-
After-Math MMORPG (possibly changing to single player w/ multiplayer cap.)
RPG/Strategy

Characters:
Soldiers who survived (helmet w/skull tribal symbol)with crazy GEN who wants “order� in the new world
People who dwelled underground (?)
-Good (somewhat spiritual people, have a ruin cathedral as “base�)
-Evil (possible cult w/ bone church as “base�)
-Crazies (Scottish type, face paint/punk)
People who were radiated (biohazard tribal symbol)MUTANTS!
ALSO Classes will be made for each clan (some specific to each)

Resources:
Conditions: Perfect, Good, Poor, Rusted, Rotted, Tainted, Spoiled, Poisoned, Flat,
Preserved Wood: Driftwood, Plank, Log, Beam
Wood Conditions: Rotted, Splintered, Weak, Good, Sturdy
Metal: Shard, Pipe, Plank, Beam

Enemies/Traps/etc.:
Zombie
Deformed Stinker
Giant Roach/Roach Queen
landmine
bouncing betty
spike mine

Weapons: Bone Shard, Metal Shard, Glass Shard

Armor:

Items: Water Purifier (Pills/Bottle) Titanium, Aluminum, Steel Plank, Pipe, Beam, Rubble, Stick , Log Bunker, Stockpile (Players Save Item Chest) Trenches, Pits, Caves Rat, Fire Ant Bottled Water Spam Soda Beer Canned Ration MRE Ration Liquor: Tequilla, Vodka, Wine Wood Water Metal Canned Food

Environments: Battlefield, Fort, Underground Tunnels, City Ruins, Wasteland, Hangar Abandoned (Radiated) Base

Craft Skills: Carve, cut, forge, melt,

actions:, power, move, rest, craft, attack actions use energy like mana -end excerpt-

Items have conditions, poor to perfect things in perfect condition being very rare. With the proper tools and skill learned a player can craft objects from materials. I.E. to build a gun you might need plans/book, metal materials, a skill for gun smithing and crafting, as well as forging metal.

POSSIBLE UPDATE TO GAME:

New Clans and areas

the new clans come to the original area to try to find unscathed world

- American “pirates� come by ship to new land
-“Vikings�
- the Russian “Bears� think russian and bear mixed... mutated
-Asian “samurais�
- Caribbean “Voodoos�
- South American “Headhunters�
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Whatever you do, make sure you include Vikings as a main aspect of the game. And make sure they rule.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

I say drop the whole bullshit post apoc idea and focus on the vikings. I dont know about the rest of you, but I would play a viking mmorpg. How do russians get bears mixed into themselves? Last time I checked the place wasnt exactly overrun with 'em. Whatever, the vikings need something to fight cause thats what they do (that and play in metal bands), and russian bear things sounds plenty good.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Franz_Schubert wrote:Whatever you do, make sure you include Vikings as a main aspect of the game. And make sure they rule.
Pirates and ninjas, too. Cue the pirate vs. ninja pic, which I don't have because I'm at school.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Thank you kindly good gentleman. Image
tristaan
SDF!
SDF!

Ideas...

Post by tristaan »

Ok,

Our game is going pretty smoothly. We have a good sized team now and our focus now is more on a single player game....

We would like to go to the PA gamers and get some ideas on what they would like to see in a PA game. Do you have any ideas? How would you like the gameplay to be?.. Is there anything from any other PA games that you really like?

thanks!!
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

What is smoothly? Screenshot? Models? Website?

Take a look at Gamma World and Cyberpunk.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Are you there, tristaan? Can we get a link to a website? A game direction? Cast and crew? Ideas as to plot/gameplay/style/etc?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

He's gone man, you hurt his feelings...
Our Host!