Game suggestions:

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Game suggestions:

Post by jetbaby »

I'm looking for something new to start. RPG, RTS, whatever. So long as its not FOPOS.

I am currently looking for, but cannot find Total Annihilation, preferably Gold edition witht he expansions and such... but that search has turned up jack diddily.

Any other suggestions and something that makes the suggested game good?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

Quest For Glory 4. Because.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

But *keep away* from Quest For Glory 5. That game sucks sloppy donkey cojones big time.

I suggest trying out Outcast and Deus Ex if you're up for some better shooters. Then there's always Arcanum, Arx Fatalis (haven't played this one yet, though, but everyone says it's great) and Planescape: Torment if you're more into RPGs. Heroes OMAM III and Silent Storm are great in their genres (be it tactical / fantasy combat or whatever) too. And of course, the best strategy game of all times: Alpha Centauri.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Kashluk wrote:But *keep away* from Quest For Glory 5. That game sucks sloppy donkey cojones big time.

I suggest trying out Outcast and Deus Ex if you're up for some better shooters. Then there's always Arcanum, Arx Fatalis (haven't played this one yet, though, but everyone says it's great) and Planescape: Torment if you're more into RPGs. Heroes OMAM III and Silent Storm are great in their genres (be it tactical / fantasy combat or whatever) too. And of course, the best strategy game of all times: Alpha Centauri.
What is Outcast? I've played Deus Ex, never beat it, but loved it for what I played. Heroes is a favorite, sadly I don't own a copy. I have Planetscape Torment around somewhere. I enjoyed that game a lot. I've heard good things about Silent Storm and plan on buying it at my nearest convenience. And Alpha Centauri.. hmm. I remembers eeing it in stores a looong time ago. What was that about?
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Outcast> http://www.outcast-thegame.com/
It's from 1999, but still looking good and has an interesting story. Adventure/Action game, so there ain't any "role playing implementions" or whatever, but I think that's only a good thing. It's a real good deal, you could propably get it for 5 or 10 bucks or something by now.

Alpha Centauri> http://www.firaxis.com/smac/
Take Civilization 2, set it into space (alpha centauri, duh), improve graphics and gameplay and you have this game. It's much better than Civilization 3, which was released years later. The only bummer is that it's in space, so it's all about lasers and shit. Still great.

---------

Oh, and I almost forgot! If you're a friend Mega Super Deluxe Huge Strategy Games, you might fall in love with Paradox Entertainment's games: Europa Universalis 1 & 2, Hearts of Iron and Victoria. They're all grand-scale strategy games, where you have the whole world as your map, set in different historical periods (EU1/2 => 1500-1800, HoI => 1936-1948 and V => 1800-1900 ). Gameplay includes politics, diplomacy, economics and of course the best of all - warfare. Completely non-linear, only a few scripted events, but they can only slow you down if you want to do things totally the other way around than the history books tell you.
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Get Blood. the best fps ever made
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

well, the good games I have installed at the moment are:
Jagged Alliance 2 Gold - a squad based tactical super duper game. what FOT should've been :>
Escape Velocity Nova - a space exploration and trading and killing game
Nethack - an über versatile roguelike crpg. free, too
Uplink - a nice little hacking game

none of them are very PA though. ah well
Role-Player
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Role-Player »

Try playing:

>Omikron: The Nomad Soul
>System Shoch 2
>The Longest Journey
>Daggerfall
>Hitman 2
Your idols speak so much of the abyss, yet your morals only run as deep as the surface.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Hmm they've already named alot of my favorites
Rainbow 6 3
Medieval: Total War
Operation Flashpoint
Call of Duty
Enemy Territory (Free download)
Warhammer: Chaos Gate

Theres probably some more, but those should hold you over.
Harriers for the cup.
Our Host!