First Day

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Blizzard
Respected
Respected

Post by Blizzard »

i remember seeing FO2 advertised in an old pc gamer mag. or something, and not thinking anything of it.
Schala...I've missed you so...NO!
You must not climb death peak
You wouldnt make it very far anyway..
It has to be the right time...
and THEY...
THEY have to show you...the way
American Tourister
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by American Tourister »

A good friend of mine loaned me F1 around November of 1999. Took it home, fired it up, and was HOOKED by the time I killed the rats outside Vault 13. I remember being really creeped out by the scorpion caves when Ian and I went there that first day. Such good memories...sigh.
"...Curtis Lowe was the finest picker to ever play the blues"
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I still remember buying Fallout2 in that freaking huge, ridiculously oversized titanic box.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Hatchen
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Hatchen »

ya i remeber those boxes, they are now all downsized
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I read a preview for Fallout 1 in some magazine, possibly PC Gamer or Computer Gaming Monthly..I pre-ordered it from the local retailer and got it the day it came out. I got into the game right away, killed a bunch of people, then didn't play it for a few months. I wasn't into RPGs at the time, so I didn't care for it at first...Eventually I got bored playing Duke Nukem 3D and decided to start back with Fallout, and BAM, I was addicted...I beat it a few times, then decided to see what sort of cheating utilities there were, and BAM, I was more addicted. Got FO2 the day it came out, also...Played it completely through in one sitting, and repeated a few times...Eventually I got bored, found a few webpages about FO2, found out that people had made mods, and got hooked in again.
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

I think it was late fall of 2001. I was looking for a good, long RPG and I remembered reading the Fallout preview in the May '97 issue of PC Gamer. It sounded great, and the store was selling it for cheaper than dirt, so I picked it up. I was immersed from the moment I started playing. I still remember eating Hershey's chocolates and poring over the manual, although I didn't understand a good chunk of the "How Nuclear Blasts Work" section. :drunk:
Arjuna
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Arjuna »

jetbaby wrote:I still remember buying Fallout2 in that freaking huge, ridiculously oversized titanic box.
the box was why i bought it.. I had never heard of it when I did.. in 2000 I think

personally I liked the big boxes of the good old days
Our Host!