radiation / poison etc... and the skilldex

Discuss the creation and scripting of new fan-made games and mods for the Fallout series of games.
pillbrain
SDF!
SDF!

radiation / poison etc... and the skilldex

Post by pillbrain »

Hey

Well, after pottering around for still more time in the entertaining files that can be edited, ive come across yet another minor difficulty.
Ive managed to find the text files that deal with poison, radiation, sneaking, the skilldex etc... but I cant seem to actually find files that control them (they all point to *.c, i.e intface.c but i cant find any.cs that came with the game or the editing tools). Im especially looking at changing ( or adding ) a new thing like poisoning or addiction, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to go about doing this, or if its even possible?
Im also curious if its actually possible to add skills to the skilldex and skill list, or is the limit hardcoded, it would appear to be fairly easy to just change one, but it would be nicer if there was a way to just add something.

Edit: Also, is there something about repair that makes it unusable on people thats hardcoded, or is that something that can be found and changed as well?

once more, if anyone has any ideas about this if appreciate any ideas

thanks for your time
Pill
Jargo
Respected
Respected

Post by Jargo »

Im especially looking at changing ( or adding ) a new thing like poisoning or addiction, so I was wondering if anyone knows how to go about doing this, or if its even possible?
You can change poison and radiation of a critter by script comand.

Code: Select all

Im also curious if its actually possible to add skills to the skilldex and skill list, or is the limit hardcoded, it would appear to be fairly easy to just change one, but it would be nicer if there was a way to just add something. 
Yep skills are hardcoded.
Also, is there something about repair that makes it unusable on people thats hardcoded, or is that something that can be found and changed as well?
Yes, engine checks proto of target and if it is a critter then blocks usage.
pillbrain
SDF!
SDF!

Post by pillbrain »

hey

thanks a lot, thats pretty much what id been fearing :p, im starting to think hardcoding exists purly to give me nightmares, that would be impressive wouldnt it. Now I must go and kidnap someone involved in the game, so I can force them to give me the source code,
thanks again
Our Host!