More Fallout 3 goodness.

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

More Fallout 3 goodness.

Post by Megatron »

<strong>[Game -> Update]</strong>

Brios over at <!-- BBCode Start --><A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com" TARGET="_blank">NMA</A><!-- BBCode End --> has posted 2 screenshots of Fallout 3, also giving details about what's happening in each picture and what effects are turned on or off.<blockquote><!-- BBCode Start --><A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com/fallout3/fo3-ext1.jpg" TARGET="_blank">External Shot</A><!-- BBCode End -->
<br>
<br><!-- BBCode Start --><A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com/fallout3/fo3-vault1.jpg" TARGET="_blank">Inside the Vault</A><!-- BBCode End --></blockquote>Pity we won't get to play it.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

i fucking hate you

and anyone who said "OMG 3D WUD MAKE TI GEHEY" needs to fucking eat their own shit. fucking chuck...
bey.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

I wouldn't call it goodness... seeing that now is about as "good" as getting to see a girl you liked naked finally, in some autopsy photos.

This makes me want to listen to some more Merzbow D: D: D:

It really looks well done too... a bit clean, but, like it says, there's still a lot of work to be done... and I'd imagine adding grit was part of it. This is so neg.
Grimnar
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Grimnar »

Why oh why did i look at the pictures? cause im stupid as hell and still thinks the game will come out in some form.

Bastards :shock:
"We have OH SHIT I HEAR THE ICE CREAM TRUCK!!!!!111!1111oneone-scorpions" -Chucky Cuevas
KruddMan
Respected
Respected

Post by KruddMan »

huh it looks just like the original fallout only with much crappier textures

Really though it's 3d they should've done away with sticking everything to a grid

but i guess they were early in development.
and it probably looks tons better animated in game.. camera effects animations ambient sounds

would have looked better since the project is kaput :(
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Silence insolent pigs. Fallout 3 WILL happen. Someday.

Look at the transformers, there's a live action movie, a 20th anniversary reissue of optimus prime and a reissue of the entire generation one toy series.

... :D
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

I'd rather not wait until my metabolism has slowed down, I have a gut and am married with three kids before I get my next Fallout, thanks.

Too bad it's going to end up that way. :(
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

Oh, sexxxxy. I'm really into necrophilia.
I can't wait till they finish. Oh, right. Nobody's going to finish it.
Well, I can always hope.

I'm no expert, but they look pretty good. Almost too good for Fallout, though.
What are textures, anyways? I don't know much 3d terminology, but I'm guessing it's what makes up the repeated/tiled floor, right?
Mailbox Man!
Yar.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

KruddMan wrote: Really though it's 3d they should've done away with sticking everything to a grid
I hope they don't. I used the grid as part of the game in the originals, a way of measuring how many aps it'd take to do stuff as well as being able to sort of guess what would happen next.

A texture is a detailed 2d image that can be wrapped around a model so it actually looks like something. I'd imagine that since this would be a very early shot, most textures would be place-holders. Probably in the end game more stuff would look like the metal doors or the car.
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

Interplay are really dumb shits, they can this for this.

What the fuck were they thinking? People are going to have a field day with this.
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

Fallout Junkie wrote:What the fuck were they thinking? People are going to have a field day with this.
Apparantly consoles are better than PC's. According to most game developers these days...
Raymondo
Pussy Lord
Pussy Lord

Post by Raymondo »

BlackDog wrote:
Fallout Junkie wrote:What the fuck were they thinking? People are going to have a field day with this.
Apparantly consoles are better than PC's. According to most game developers these days...
Yeah but you still have to make a good game to make money from consoles, releasing half assed piece of shit like FO:BOS won’t. Interplay still doesn’t see that, they must be thinking Console games = Teh Money!11
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

I'm pretty sure those aren't final textures... FOT looked better IMO. Though we won't know for sure since this isn't the final product. *shrugs* ah well. I don't know why you're all so shocked. The minute Feargus left and the mass exodus really got into its swing you should have known that this was a sinking ship.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I don't think there shocked about it being cancelled, just how it looks?

I dunno. I know I'm not going to play it and aren't able to do anything about it so there's no point saying 'ARRGHGGH FUCK U INTERPLAY IM GOING 2 KILL U ALL FUCKFUCKUFKC'
:chew:
wyatt
SDF!
SDF!

Post by wyatt »

You can't compare it to tatics, because....

FO3, you can zoom in and out, and zoom around, 360 about your guy.

So that means the whole engine and grapics are way more complex, and it looks pretty damn good to me.
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

It looks reasonable but the textures do suffer a bit. The most interesting factor of the 3d engine for me is that its potentially easier for new content and mods to be implemented. Alas it will not be so.
"And when he gets to heaven
To St. Peter he will tell
one more soldier reporting, Sir.
I've served my time in hell."
Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of War.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

It's a stupid assumption, but by the looks of it it would seem that there would be very few side quests. There's something about it that looks like the people would have to be too customized, and thus would take longer to make individuals-- where as in fo1/2 everyone looked exactly the same, so you could make as many people as you wanted.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

I donno, all the people in the vault picture look like they could be pretty easily plopped down as the standard faceless npc.
And, it's easy to customise a model, a la the sims - make a couple different variable parts to their faces, skin tone, etc, and you've got tons of individual npcs waiting to happen.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

As I said on #fallout quite a few times, these screens are nice, but they lack the charm of Fallout 1 / 2. The reason original Fallout graphics are good is because they're so consistent; the sprites, objects, etc. fit in very nicely and consistently with the background to create eye candy graphics which look like a comic book.

While these shots are nice - and I can imagine they'd look a good deal nicer upon release - they lack what Fallout 1 had.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

atoga wrote:As I said on #fallout quite a few times, these screens are nice, but they lack the charm of Fallout 1 / 2. The reason original Fallout graphics are good is because they're so consistent; the sprites, objects, etc. fit in very nicely and consistently with the background to create eye candy graphics which look like a comic book.

While these shots are nice - and I can imagine they'd look a good deal nicer upon release - they lack what Fallout 1 had.
Yea, I see that too. It reminds me of Trash, it's just too sparse where as fo1/2 even though there may not have been many things on the screen, it still looked really good.
Our Host!