JJ86 modding GD

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.

Remove JJ86 as GD mod?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 18

Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Kreegle wrote:
Shut-down those fuckwits. Be Robocop.

But in a nice way, of course :D
meh, I disagree. But in a nice way of course. DAC might not be what it used to be, but neither is the fallout community (or anything else). It might seem a bit shitty but people who use the forum seem to like it. Sure, it might not have the really mature and deep topics that nma has, but nma is fucking boring. People seem generally nice to each other but they don't show it. I wouldn't mind seeing people be a bit more rational and think either, but it has to be a group decision instead of one or two that get ignored. But I think the forums nearly been milked enough for ass-rape and commie jokes, like it's been milked enough for bad spelling or the rp'ing from gamespy. You also have to take into account our users. NMA seems full with dudes in college that seem mature, DAC has more or less the opposite but I feel it's better that we have a more diverse community than the black and whiteness of other forums.

Anyway, you can't really expect to come to the forums once in a while and make us all change. I respect you (as much as you can respect someone on the internet) but to a lot of the newer people you're just another dude. I think to many people like to put up a bad-assian style and worry to much about showing 'weakness' by being more open-minded or acting like a normal person, but it should blow over. Unless some people are actually assholes in real-life, but I'm hoping some people here aren't the arrogant fucktards that they like to say they are. Sure, it's alright having one or two 'off-days' or whatever, but constantly acting like an asshole is fucking boring.

Also I'm not bothered about being censored. Lark does a good job as an admin, if I have a complaint I'll just pm her. No worries mate.

Cheers.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention before. Whenever you feel things are going down the crapper, check a few other forums as comparison. A perfect example is the Ion Storm boards. God dammit they are so fucked up.
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Ozrat »

NMA rulez.

'Nuff said.

JJ86, you're playing the role of Shaft and the bitches are whining. You take that baton of yours and you show 'em what it means to be a GESTAPO, yo' hear?
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Not really. Most of the posters don't know what they're talking about, the discussions are boring and it lacks...life? I dunno, 7 page topics about the economic collapse of some third world country seems to lack passion, emotion or anything intresting. At least here you have people attempting jokes.

DAC>NMA D:
:chew:
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Aren't you the one who suggested that the wasteland needed to be cleansed?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Probably. I stand by it though?
:chew:
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Megatron wrote:meh, I disagree. But in a nice way of course. DAC might not be what it used to be, but neither is the fallout community (or anything else). It might seem a bit shitty but people who use the forum seem to like it. Sure, it might not have the really mature and deep topics that nma has, but nma is fucking boring. People seem generally nice to each other but they don't show it. I wouldn't mind seeing people be a bit more rational and think either, but it has to be a group decision instead of one or two that get ignored. But I think the forums nearly been milked enough for ass-rape and commie jokes, like it's been milked enough for bad spelling or the rp'ing from gamespy. You also have to take into account our users. NMA seems full with dudes in college that seem mature, DAC has more or less the opposite but I feel it's better that we have a more diverse community than the black and whiteness of other forums.

Anyway, you can't really expect to come to the forums once in a while and make us all change. I respect you (as much as you can respect someone on the internet) but to a lot of the newer people you're just another dude. I think to many people like to put up a bad-assian style and worry to much about showing 'weakness' by being more open-minded or acting like a normal person, but it should blow over. Unless some people are actually assholes in real-life, but I'm hoping some people here aren't the arrogant fucktards that they like to say they are. Sure, it's alright having one or two 'off-days' or whatever, but constantly acting like an asshole is fucking boring.

Also I'm not bothered about being censored. Lark does a good job as an admin, if I have a complaint I'll just pm her. No worries mate.

Cheers.
Well shit son, if you were as chilled and sensible like this in all your posts, I wouldn't have a problem. Same with everyone else... when the heat is on, they straighten-up, state their cases maturely and get the support of everyone else.

Funny thing is though, all it takes is a couple of shite topics and the wankers come streaming out of the woodwork. Literally POURING out.

I've tried the chilled approach to moderating the board, and all the little fuckers getting polite "Now, now... let's just behave!" messages from the mods spat in their faces and told them to FUK OF.

I'm not telling JJ to slap on a nazi tu-tu and dance all over the board with a magical thread-locking wand... I'm just telling him not to take any shit. If everyone acted as sensibly as you are in this thread, it wouldn't be a problem, now would it?

And Ozrat - U SUK GO FUK OF.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

WHY CANT WE ALL GET ALONG? :(

Generally, I don't think we should lock or stop a disscussion because it goes off topic or becomes not interesting. Just let the people talk yo.
I don't think JJ was locking too much, though.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Not every topic needs teh funny. That's all I'm trying to say. Use it when it's appropriate, don't when it's not.
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Not every topic needs teh funny. That's all I'm trying to say. Use it when it's appropriate, don't when it's not.
Exactly.

And besides, the current state of these forums helped change my actions and behaviors online. I hope others have seen this. And if it's good enough to straighten me out, hell, it's good enough for everyone.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Fuck god damn, the wasteland turned into shit. Stop lamenting. It's good it's gone. It had nothing at all going for it.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Phias
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by Phias »

There will always be the memories...
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

atoga wrote:Fuck god damn, the wasteland turned into shit. Stop lamenting. It's good it's gone. It had nothing at all going for it.
Hehe, yeah, I liked the Wasteland before it turned into a place for 46&2 and his ilk to express their fascist views in a public manner...
and I think JJ's doing a fine job, maybe a bit trigger happy when it comes to locking but it's probably for the best
Nicolai
ASSHAT
ASSHAT

Post by Nicolai »

Gimp Mask wrote:
atoga wrote:Fuck god damn, the wasteland turned into shit. Stop lamenting. It's good it's gone. It had nothing at all going for it.
Hehe, yeah, I liked the Wasteland before it turned into a place for 46&2 and his ilk to express their fascist views in a public manner...
That wasnt what that wrecked it, it was that swell guy iokhus's random spamming, and those posts with hundreds of copies of the same image and shit.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

I wouldn't mind all the major censorship in GD if I there was a place where there was no censorship at all (i.e. Wasteland)

However, since the wasteland is gone I think it's the mods' duty to lighten up a bit in GD.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Franz_Schubert wrote:I wouldn't mind all the major censorship in GD if I there was a place where there was no censorship at all (i.e. Wasteland)

However, since the wasteland is gone I think it's the mods' duty to lighten up a bit in GD.
There wouldn't need to be any censorship at all if people learnt a little self restraint. It's one thing to go off topic, for example if someone mentioned the boiled bunny scene in Fatal Attraction in a movie thread, to spend 10 or 20 posts talking about people's pet bunnies. It's another thing entirely to go off topic for 10 - 20 posts just insulting each other. The former might actually be interesting and can always be split off into a seperate thread, the latter just gets old real fast and deserves deleting or locking.

As for the posting of disgustingly funny images well you ought to know your friends email by now, or is there anyway to do bulk pms to your friends? Maybe set up a wasteland warriors usergroup for those who want to share such delights?
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

I think JJ's been doing an alright job as a moderator. A few weeks ago he deleted one of my posts because I accused somebody of committing incestuous acts with family members, and I was kind of mad for a few minutes. But then I, like a mean old man in a TV special who learns the true meaning of Christmas, realized that GD was not the wasteland, so I toned my hostility down. A little bit.

I agree with Kreegle that if all the wankers leave, tough fucking shit. People could be a bit more civil. Of course on the other hand, like Megatron pointed out, we don't want to be boring like NMA. There needs to be a healthy balance between the two, and so far JJ's been keeping that balance rather well.
fuck
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

So it's settled then : I'm the new moderator.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

the guardian wrote:So it's settled then : I'm the new moderator.
? Yes you are the moderator of the new UNDERWEAR FORUM! Cept it's hidden and permanently locked.
Menno
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Menno »

the guardian wrote:So it's settled then : I'm the new moderator.
Haha, there are enough conspiracy theories as it is with Jews running the world behind the scenes; if they made you a moderator it would only add more fuel to the fire.
Our Host!