JJ86 modding GD

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.

Remove JJ86 as GD mod?

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes: 18

Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

JJ86 modding GD

Post by Doyle »

I think he's locking too many topics. Put him back where you found him.
Literacy is overated.
Jimmyjay86
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Hey, the topics I locked were openly flammable. Post decent topics and they won't be locked. Simple concept.

Here are the rules.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Taking GD mod rights from him aren't doing any good either. JJ should just try to be less enthusiastic about the whole locking issue.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Whatever, it's the supermods and admin decision. I'm sure they will back me up.

If you want certain topics unlocked give me a good reason and they will be unlocked only if they don't turn into flamefests.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

Jimmyjay86 wrote:Whatever, it's the supermods and admin decision. I'm sure they will back me up.
You bet your ass we will.

Maybe if some people didn't find every opportunity to let a debate degenerate into a catfight we wouldn't have so many locked topics.

Maybe if some people didn't try to turn an old, returning member's topic into a festivale of snide comments we wouldn't have so many locked topics.

Maybe if some people didn't post topics about things like how they have given up on a certain religion ("officially", no less), or ask people's ideas of sex change operations we wouldn't have so many locked topics.

Get the picture?

On the other hand, I do have to hand it to some of the newer members like Menno as well as some older members who have apparently toned things down a bit. Now, if we could just have some consistancy...

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

A lot of those things there are the reason half of us came to DAC, but since the Wasteland got closed down it's moved over to Gen. Discussion. How much Fallout discussion gets done here? Maybe a bit in the Fallout forums, it isn't even allowed in the other one's right? The reason I, and a bunch of other people, loved this place is because we could be as insane and unmoderated as we wanted, without having to worry about threads being locked or banning.
What do you expect us to do? Just drop these old habits completely because you say "we don't like that."?
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

SuperH wrote:What do you expect us to do? Just drop these old habits completely because you say "we don't like that."?
Yes.
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

JJ86 wrote:Whatever, it's the supermods and admin decision. I'm sure they will back me up.
I can never say no to a cock. It's not JJ's fault if you knuckleheads keep posting shit.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

You didn't help much with the bitching in the Ask Hammer topic. The one about Guns and Ammo magazine could have been merged instead.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

JJ86, you're deleting/locking too much stuff. You're taking your position as a mod too seriously; not every off topic thing or insult needs to get baleeted, you know.

God forbid they should cause another, separate discussion or something!
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

I don't think we want it to get out of hand like it has in the past. Too many newbies get the impression that all of DAC is the wasteland. I have talked to Lark and it is agreed upon that we want to discourage this.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

All right, fine. All I'm saying is: mod with discretion. For the most part, you've done a fine job. Thanks yo.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
DJ Slamák
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by DJ Slamák »

He's a fair cop.
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

We are currently in a time of transition finding the balance between General Discussion & Wasteland type topics. Much of what was posted there is appropriate for GD & much is not. I don't believe there is a problem with topics on Sex Change etc, the problem lies in the reaction & taking every possibility to insult or have a go at each other. There is nothing wrong with an occasional snide comment but when it is the sole aim of the poster it can prove problematic & as long as that continues I expect that you will see a few more locks than you'd like. On the other hand it is not necessary to lock everything that proves the slightest bit questionable. Give JJ a chance to settle in folks, he has my support & might be a bit quick on the draw but he seems to be doing a good job to me.
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

That is so true... To some people it seems that the whole point of posting, the higher cause, is to feed insults at an unstoppable rate. No matter what the discussion is about, as long as they get their daily dose of "U l00kZ LiEk TÃ¥uBGerLL".

But still, just don't be so quick to lock those topics JJ. We've known for years now and you've always seemed like a fair man. Don't let your trigger-finger get too itchy...
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

Clearly, what you need here is a hero to come save the day.

lifts shoulders and tucks in the stomach

I HAVE RESUME'! Not a particularly positive one, but I do.
Hello New Jersey
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I think you should keep him. Might have locked too much last night, but the topics were dying anyway. NO BIG HOMIE!
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

I've stopped giving a fuck :)

I used to be against the dictator-like iron-fist approach mods always seemed to take, but fuck-it... the only person I think that really took my opinion on board was lark - who continues to be a shining beacon of hope around this grimey adolescent place.

These days, I don't really get too much time to check in - I try to when I can though, 'cos I sorta helped build this place up... but now I realise after dropping in now and again that my "Hey guys, let's be friends and play it cool!" attitude just doesn't fucking work. Everyone's too busy stil spehling liek fukwits and playing up to their bad-ass "I've been here for ages and my arrogant opinion is law - back me up fellas!" attitudes - so I DON'T CARE ANYMORE :D

JJ - they may cry like babies when you tweak their nipples sharply, they may whinge like hard-done-by pussies when you lock their thread bitching about wankers that like .33 calibre over .45 - they may call upon their populist fan-club union to give you grief when you delete their post about singing communist monkey-vaginas, they might scream CENSORSHIP!!!!1 when you tell them to shut the fuck up with the flaming of newbies... but mate, go nuts. The soft handed approach doesn't work - if half the population fucks off to some other forum where they can give shit to other ethnic cultures / homosexuals / velcro lovers... then YAY.

We don't make any cash from this site - I've been running it since before it was at Gamespy... I don't CARE if our userbase drops 80% - if it means that people will actually treat eachother reasonably, and not act like dumbarse girlfriend-less 16-year-olds with raging hard-ons wielding handguns, then I'm all for it.

Shut-down those fuckwits. Be Robocop.

But in a nice way, of course :D
Jimmyjay86

Post by Jimmyjay86 »

Kreegle wrote:Shut-down those fuckwits. Be Robocop.

But in a nice way, of course :D
k :p
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Hehe, Kreegle, you did a lot of the complaining whenever mods tried that approach. I kinda enjoy the way things are more free around here than other forums. If DAC was like everybody else I probably wouldn't waste my time.
Our Host!