Arcanum curse dealy

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Arcanum curse dealy

Post by atoga »

Well I dusted off arcanum and started playing again, this time intent on finishing.
However, it seems that one of my NPCs (that dwarf mage guy) keeps having a pentagram appear underneath him and then he gets knocked out. It seems like some kind of a curse, but I have no idea what triggered it. Furthermore, even spending a lot of time resting, trying to dispel the curse, etc. it seems it's still there. I have no idea how to get this damn thing off, and otherwise my dwarf is useless. Please, help me!
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Evil items. I don't which one, but some weapon causes random fire damage to wielder every time it's used. Generally speaking, when a burning pentagram appears it means you've gone bad, like it or not :) Only bad guys use evil items.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I see. Thanks a million, Kash.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

So... was it an item? If so, what was it called?
bloodbathmaster2
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by bloodbathmaster2 »

It might just be that he tried to summon a fire elemental and didn't have enough mana.
One day...
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

You get knocked out if you don't have enough mana/stamina/fatigue whatever for a spell?
chrisbeddoes
Respected
Respected

Re: Arcanum curse dealy

Post by chrisbeddoes »

atoga wrote:Well I dusted off arcanum and started playing again, this time intent on finishing.
However, it seems that one of my NPCs (that dwarf mage guy) keeps having a pentagram appear underneath him and then he gets knocked out. It seems like some kind of a curse, but I have no idea what triggered it. Furthermore, even spending a lot of time resting, trying to dispel the curse, etc. it seems it's still there. I have no idea how to get this damn thing off, and otherwise my dwarf is useless. Please, help me!

Your follower is using a hexed item.

Unequip him of everything he wears and ID everything.

Oh the problem is that followers can pick up items and wear them.

So mayby you did not give to your followers UNID items but they can do it themshelves.
Sankis
Respected
Respected

Post by Sankis »

Kashluk wrote:You get knocked out if you don't have enough mana/stamina/fatigue whatever for a spell?
Aye. And i'm assuming it happens to jormund alot since he has the dwarf mage penalty. (2x fatigue on spells)
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Ach, well of course... When the blue thingy goes down you're knocked down, it seems. It's been too long since I last played Arcanum.

But I guess it was all about evil / hexed / whatever items, because he atoga hasn't been back yet :)
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Yeah, it was an evil item. Everything's fixed up... thanks guys.
Our Host!