Relaxed Modding

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
Pialojo
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b
Location: Perth, Western Australia - the most isolated capital city in the world

Post by Pialojo »

Ghetto Goose wrote:If you don't like the way things are done around here, and you don't have a better reason for disliking them than "You guys are mean" then fucking leave.
Hey man, this is the trash can AKA suggestions forum where one is supposed to make suggestions isn't it? I've made my suggestion and it wasn't because "you guys are mean" it was because you guys are mindless fucktards - doing shit for no good reason. Don't give me your "if you don't like it leave bullshit", this forum is for suggestions so maybe you should listen to them instead of just getting hell cut when your criticised.
These smiling eyes are just a mirror for the sun
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

Listen you worthless little shit, most of the mods are mods because they know what to do with shitty posts(see: any of yours). They don't need n00bs(see: you) telling them what they need to do. Do you really think all the mods are mindless fucktards? You think they do nothing good around here? Well I've yet to hear a better solution from you. You're not suggesting, you're blindly complaining. You're not going to affect how things are run here by being a whiny little bitch, so I suggest you shut your shut your mouth, spend a few years around here, make some useful posts and then you can tell me what you think of the job I/we are doing. Otherwise, get the fuck out.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Life is like a old arcade game , borring , full of stupid enemies , and both make you spend a lot of coins before of " GAME OVER " !!!

-davide

yea just thought that was IMPORTANT in a time of crisis like this B)

calm down gg, your shizzle is hurting his nizzles for chrissakes!
:chew:
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

Pialojo wrote:i AGREE DESE MODS ARE TEG GAYXXZORZX!!1!!!111!!1

Seriously though some of you must get off on locking topics, it's like you're part of some sort of GESTAPO...
Heh, we are the Gestapo & while I freely agree that sometimes moderation decisions come down to personal feelings about content & subjects, the whole reason for this is to make the boards readable & enjoyable for more than a small portion of the community. The folk who have this job have all been picked by the owners & administrators to uphold a community. Do we suck? Ok fine, let me know why you think this is the case? All I get out of this reply is "You suck because you are power hungry motherfuckers & won't let us all have fun!"
Pialojo wrote:[rant]
Seriously though ;) what's the point of locking a thread? Who cares if it goes off-topic? It's a frickin' message board for fuck's sake. Why does everything have to be in perfect order - especially if the message board is for fans of post-apoc' rpgs which are all about chaos?
Perfect order? Ahahahhaha, what board are you reading? you couldn't possibly be talking about DaC. Much of the content that was in the Wasteland would have been appropriate for GD, much of it would not. Arguments are fine, debate is fine but when we get to the point that every other post is folk harping on one another it's not acceptable.

The boards that are the most strictly moderated (gaming related & fallout discussion, News) are kept that way or they are impossible for anyone to find the content that they came to this site to read in the first place. I assume that you & others would not be here if you did not appreciate Fallout & RPG gaming.
Ghetto Goose wrote:
Pialojo wrote:Why can't we bring up old threads? Why not continue the discussion instead of starting a new topic and then getting bitched at for not using the search button?
Because it seems no one can bring up an old post with anything new and worth-while to say. Bringing up a year old post just to say "omg pwnd" is useless, and annoying. And posting a new thread on the same subject as a post that died a long time ago isn't bad, but if it isn't useful it should(as all other spam crap should) be deleted/locked.
Nuff said on that one other than a bit of curiosity on my part, have you noticed that threads (even old ones) that are added to with a well thought out reply do not tend to recieve the "Grave Digger. kill him!" cry, nor are they locked?
Pialojo wrote:Hey man, this is the trash can AKA suggestions forum where one is supposed to make suggestions isn't it? I've made my suggestion and it wasn't because "you guys are mean" it was because you guys are mindless fucktards - doing shit for no good reason. Don't give me your "if you don't like it leave bullshit", this forum is for suggestions so maybe you should listen to them instead of just getting hell cut when your criticised.
I was going to answer the last bit of your previous post but this piece makes that a bit of a moot point. I don't care if you think I or any of the other mods are "mindless fucktards", we are the folk who are here to help shape DaC's direction just as much as you are through your participation. Do give us feedback & it will be taken into conscideration but understand that lines need be drawn on occasion. Your forum mod & admin panel are the people who are going to be doing that, listen to & work with them. Do your part in shaping the community by paticipating in conversations that interest you with some thought & effort. If, after all is said & done, you can't come to terms with the way the forum is run then there is little choice but finding another that suits you better. That is life & forums are not a democracy.
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

Ghetto Goose wrote:*snip*
DAC is mah home and NOBODY MESSES WIF MA HOME! TIME TO KILL SOME PUNK ASS MUTHAFOKKAS!
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
Pialojo
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b
Location: Perth, Western Australia - the most isolated capital city in the world

Post by Pialojo »

Sorry guys, I didn't mean you're all mindless fucktards just some of you (you know who I'm talking about ;) )
Ghetto Goose wrote: Listen you worthless little shit, most of the mods are mods because they know what to do with shitty posts(see: any of yours). They don't need n00bs(see: you) telling them what they need to do... so I suggest you shut your shut your mouth, spend a few years around here, make some useful posts and then you can tell me what you think of the job I/we are doing. Otherwise, get the fuck out.
That's real mature of you there Goose - noob bashing. Noobs aren't allowed to make suggestions until we're as hardcore :roll: as you, sounds like a pretty shit system to me.

As for my lack of suggestions, here's a couple:
1. Don't lock threads. Ever. If it goes off topic so be it, those who went off topic can continue their conversation whilst others can either continue on inside the same thread (oh no, not too topics at once :roll: ) or start a new topic. You seem to be concerned about people not being able to find the information if they arrive late, so let them use the search button - that's what it's there for.

2. Reinstate the wasteland. Deleting the wasteland was a bad idea, take this topic as an example its full of shit "fuck you"s because now people have to post shit like Goose's previous post (and mine too don't have a cry ;) ), which is just a personal attack, in here rather than in the wasteland where those not involved didn't have to shift through all this crap.
Megatron wrote:Life is like a old arcade game , borring , full of stupid enemies , and both make you spend a lot of coins before of " GAME OVER " !!!
Amen to that.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

Finding a forum is like getting married, you are never going to be able to change them, no matter how hard you try or how much you think you can.

I hope that made some sense to you peoples, because it made none to me.
Mailbox Man!
Yar.
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

Making similes is like performing oral sex, more often than not you're going to end up with poo on your face and your pants in the dumpster.

Wait, what? @w@;;;
HEY WHERE THE WHITE WOMEN AT???
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Radoteur wrote:Finding a forum is like getting married, you are never going to be able to change them, no matter how hard you try or how much you think you can.

It's a bit like that, but when your wife gets bitchy and full of kids it's time to kick her to death and bury her if you know what I mean ;)

I've changed forums I've regulary posted on twice, but dac is the first one I liked...more than the others? I'm happy with the forum generally as I minorly post on about 4 others too.
Viktor
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Viktor »

InvisibleMonkey wrote:Iohkus, admin? HA! He'd be the only one left here.
Damn straight!
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

I've told the mods here a countless number of times to relax and "moderate", not dictate - but nobody ever fucking listens to me.

This imaginary power you get from moderating the forum of a computer game website is just too much to resist, I guess. :?
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

/me bans Kreegle
boywoos
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by boywoos »

Hey Kreegle, I know it's off topic but DJ Hype plaing my town this weekend... woo hoo.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

i admin my own forums http://ops.fragism.com and do a pretty decent job? but i don't have 2000 registered users, more like 34
bey.
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

boywoos wrote:Hey Kreegle, I know it's off topic but DJ Hype plaing my town this weekend... woo hoo.
Cool man, that'll be a lot of fun - brock out like you've just been set on fire for me.
Pialojo
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Pialojo »

Radoteur wrote:Finding a forum is like getting married, you are never going to be able to change them, no matter how hard you try or how much you think you can.

My wife died, or at least has gone missing for a long time :cry: . I used to post at the homestarrunner.net forums but they had to be closed down because they got too popular and the owner couldn't afford the bandwidth.
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

Just a thought this disscussion has raised, but is grave digging really bad?

I mean, if someone replys to an old thread with a silly one line, it's bad. But if it's a post with value, it isn't really bad at all.

Some people would tell him to stop "grave diggings", but if he would post a new thread about it then people will tell him to "read the fucking forums, and post in the already existing thread".

Funny, isn't it? lolol
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

grave digging is bad, because you're playing with dead people's bones and that pisses off the spirits or whatever
bey.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

Dan wrote:I mean, if someone replys to an old thread with a silly one line, it's bad. But if it's a post with value, it isn't really bad at all.
Yes, very good. You just stated the official forum rules on the matter. I hope you realized that.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

Like bringing back that shaved kitty thing was a good idea. People need to know what happened.
Can't just leave us hanging like that.

What? You killed your wife?
Mailbox Man!
Yar.
Our Host!