Relaxed Modding

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Relaxed Modding

Post by Megatron »

Could mods stop locking topics in gd/trashcan so much? I don't see the reason for locking a topic if people are having a discussion in it. Also mabye you could start moving answered trash-can topics to GD in case people want to keep the discussion running.

kthnxbye
Dan
I pwn j00
I pwn j00

Post by Dan »

The modding is not harsh.

When topics need to get locked... They get locked.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

http://www.duckandcover.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6981

You're right, I would say that was a fruitful discussion.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I know it isn't harsh, just suggesting perhaps mods don't need to lock topics if people still seem to be having a discussion, or there's discussion still to be. I thought the point in locking a topic was if it had some intresting stuff but the topic took a wrong turn a few pages back and it ended up fucked. While topics here just seem to go slightly off-topic in certain areas (fezs) and it gets locked. Why not just delete the posts, or start giving warning to dumbasses who keep doing it?

I'd also like trashcan topics to stay open. Instead of locking them why not just add [ANSWERED] to the topic line. There's been some threads here that I've liked to have carried on, but whatever.
:chew:
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

I think the locking is fine. Especially in reguards to the recent mindless thread-digging.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

If you have a complaint try to be more specific. Name the topic you feel shouldn't have been locked and explain why. All the ones locked in the past couple days deserved it, in my opinion. But if you have a legitimate complaint don't just say "The mods are locking too much stuff, I like gay man sex." Be specific.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

SuperH wrote:http://www.duckandcover.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6981

You're right, I would say that was a fruitful discussion.
:-!

Right, I know you guys got rid of the wasteland for a reason, but what reason, other than "no" is there for not bringing back a modified version of it? I'm probably gonna get banned or have my avy / title changed for even asking though. Whateva.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

A lot of people already asked why the wasteland was deleted and if it will come back. I saw what happened and another person (not a mod) suggested to get rid of it in the first place. I can't say I totally agree with deleting the entire forum. If something had to be done my idea was to clean the whole thing and start fresh every few months or whenever necessary. I don't know the details in why.. It's probably somekinda personal thing. But I don't care because it isn't that big of a deal anyway.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

It was a big deal to remove it to me though, and a bunch of other people who didn't post exlusive spam in there. Of course I did sometimes, but really, the entire forum was not spam.

Thanks for at least responding with something more than a "no." though.
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by InvisibleMonkey »

Seems to me that the only people who find the locking of the threads in the trashcan not the lest but harsh... the Wasteland topic ot 2 replies then it was locked. Very fair....
Irony is a cruel, sadistic bitch.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

just give me forum admin and everything will be okay
bey.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

iohkus, I suggested that before and the best I could do was get you moderator status :P
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Iohkus, admin? HA! He'd be the only one left here.
Radoteur
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Radoteur »

Mine was sort of a joke. I was asking for a locking, but I agree with the point.
Mailbox Man!
Yar.
Pialojo
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b
Location: Perth, Western Australia - the most isolated capital city in the world

Post by Pialojo »

i AGREE DESE MODS ARE TEG GAYXXZORZX!!1!!!111!!1

Seriously though some of you must get off on locking topics, it's like you're part of some sort of GESTAPO...

[rant]
Seriously though ;) what's the point of locking a thread? Who cares if it goes off-topic? It's a frickin' message board for fuck's sake. Why does everything have to be in perfect order - especially if the message board is for fans of post-apoc' rpgs which are all about chaos?
Ghetto Goose wrote:I think the locking is fine. Especially in reguards to the recent mindless thread-digging.

Why can't we bring up old threads? Why not continue the discussion instead of starting a new topic and then getting bitched at for not using the search button?

I think you mods need to think a bit more about whether or not your actions are of any benefit what-so-ever before you do them instead of locking just because it makes you feel big.
[/rant]
These smiling eyes are just a mirror for the sun
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Look people now you got Pialojo all hatin'. CHECK YA FLAVAH PLZAZ.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

It's a two-bladed sword. Once you start modding people will call you nazis and pour complaints about locked threads, deleted replies yadi yadi. But if you stop modding people will come whining how spammers have taken over the place and there's no room for real discussion anymore etc.
InvisibleMonkey
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

No, if they relax their modding power then no one will care.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Kashluk wrote:It's a two-bladed sword. Once you start modding people will call you nazis and pour complaints about locked threads, deleted replies yadi yadi. But if you stop modding people will come whining how spammers have taken over the place and there's no room for real discussion anymore etc.
Not really, people still spam but mods just seem to lock it after a few pages. So really people are getting the worst of both worlds LOL
Ghetto Goose
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Ghetto Goose »

Pialojo wrote:Why can't we bring up old threads? Why not continue the discussion instead of starting a new topic and then getting bitched at for not using the search button?
Because it seems no one can bring up an old post with anything new and worth-while to say. Bringing up a year old post just to say "omg pwnd" is useless, and annoying. And posting a new thread on the same subject as a post that died a long time ago isn't bad, but if it isn't useful it should(as all other spam crap should) be deleted/locked.
I think you mods need to think a bit more about whether or not your actions are of any benefit what-so-ever before you do them instead of locking just because it makes you feel big.
Your idea of "Benefit" is most likely different than ours. And really, "ours" differs from person to person. Iohkus is a mod, but if we all did what he does, people couldn't post without having their posts edited to say "eye leik cok lewflez."

If you don't like the way things are done around here, and you don't have a better reason for disliking them than "You guys are mean" then fucking leave.
Our Host!