Submit-News Forum

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Temaperacl wrote:
DarkUnderlord wrote:You know, we've got 3 threads in there now. Is there a time limit on how long they get to rot there before someone tries using the move function?
The delay is not the fault of the people who would move the threads, but due to a small glitch, caused by me, which should be resolved soon.
HAH! So you would have us believe! Don't you see what's happening here? They blame the tech guy for their incompetence! Outrageous!
Kreegle wrote:I'm sorry if the short delay working things out has bitterly disappointed you.
Apology accepted.
Kreegle wrote:And DarkUnderlord - you lose, Megatron's and Atoga's news has been moved.
Dammit.

Yeah, 4 days late to the party, I know.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Erm, why did the news post I submitted about the update I did to my site (hosted by DaC, in case anyone forgot), get A) Never moved to the front page, and B) Deleted?
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Slave_Master
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Slave_Master »

Maybe because nobody gave a shit?
fuck
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

MV, I was wondering the same thing. I would have moved it but for some reason I can't.
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Max-Violence wrote:Erm, why did the news post I submitted about the update I did to my site (hosted by DaC, in case anyone forgot), get A) Never moved to the front page, and B) Deleted?
It wasn't made front page news because - quite frankly - it was boring, totally un-newsworthy and wasn't relevant to 98% of readers. NOBODY wants to read about an unfinished Fallout Tactics map - well... maybe the fine folk in the Fallout Tactics Mapping & Modding forum would.

And the post wasn't deleted. It was moved. Guess where... I'll give you a hint: "relevant forum, relevant audience". The first place you should have looked for it.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Kreegle wrote:
Max-Violence wrote:Erm, why did the news post I submitted about the update I did to my site (hosted by DaC, in case anyone forgot), get A) Never moved to the front page, and B) Deleted?
It wasn't made front page news because - quite frankly - it was boring, totally un-newsworthy and wasn't relevant to 98% of readers. NOBODY wants to read about an unfinished Fallout Tactics map - well... maybe the fine folk in the Fallout Tactics Mapping & Modding forum would.

And the post wasn't deleted. It was moved. Guess where... I'll give you a hint: "relevant forum, relevant audience". The first place you should have looked for it.
I guess that would explain why MMRW's post on the front page also disappeared, mmm?

Sorry Kreegle, I didn't see the move because the little "new post" light wasn't lit on the FOT M&M forum, so I didn't bother checking the forum.

So, when I post the finalized version and new tiles, can THAT post go in the Submit News forum/front page?
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I kinda disagree with Kreegle, but understand what he's saying. DAC is largely a Fallout site, and map makers/modders or whatever should be allowed to have their stuff posted up. On the other hand, this case was pretty minor. A beta version of a map and little bit of info isn't quite front page material. I deleted the post after learning the original was moved.
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Max-Violence wrote:So, when I post the finalized version and new tiles, can THAT post go in the Submit News forum/front page?
Abso-fucking-lutely 100% oh-my-stars good-gracious-me yes-yes-yes.

Yes.
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

:lol: Good, I'm glad we got everything straightened-as-a-goddamn-arrowed out.

Cheers!
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Yay, I can move Submit news topics. Oh yeah, Kreegle, you're Australian. I need to know your opinion: Cane Toads yes/no?
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

I`ve put it on the news at NMA, we`ve asked help in beta testing for requiem_for_a_starfury before, so we don`t mind.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2915
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

Briosafreak wrote:I`ve put it on the news at NMA, we`ve asked help in beta testing for requiem_for_a_starfury before, so we don`t mind.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2915
Hey, thanks! I was about to email you, asking if you could post about the beta test on NMA. Timing = everything.
At the darkness inside.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Mad Max RW wrote:Yay, I can move Submit news topics. Oh yeah, Kreegle, you're Australian. I need to know your opinion: Cane Toads yes/no?
Depends on what you mean - yes, there are Cane Toads in Australia (far north of me though, luckily)... but no - they suck... suck a whole damn lot.
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Briosafreak wrote:I`ve put it on the news at NMA, we`ve asked help in beta testing for requiem_for_a_starfury before, so we don`t mind.
Kudos to you, trooper! Fight the good fight - best of luck with that. ;)
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Beta just isn't classy enough news for the average DaC'ers fine tastes. They prefer the finer things in life like beer, women and some other thing that goes with beer and women. Oh right, sleep/passing out!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Our Host!