Submit-News Forum

Make dumb suggestions so we can ignore them. I'm lovin' it.
Ozrat
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Submit-News Forum

Post by Ozrat »

I just noticed this. It's new, right?

Are there any protocols that we need to follow for it?

If it's supposed to be used by the mortal DACers, then why is it locked?
ExtremeRyno wrote:I don't really represent the views that I've written here in this thread... I just like to type.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

probably coz its being worked on? i dunno, but ist a good idea
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I'd like to see symbols for news, like nuke signs are for Fallout related stuff, a camera for movie related stuff etc?

MIGHT BE 2 TUFF 2 HANDLE THO
:chew:
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Hot damn, I've always wanted to post irrelevant news.
Megatron wrote:MIGHT BE 2 TUFF 2 HANDLE THO
Nah, I doubt that, I think it's pretty easy unless it gets flooded wif spam..

By the way, admins, there was a thing about *all* mods being able to post news, whatever happened to that?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Why not just PM a mod/admin with your story in the first place or post your news item in GD where it can be moved later if somoene thinks it's front-page worthy?

Atoga, I think Megatron was saying the categories might be too hard to handle, not the forum itself. Although I can't be sure on that. Could be he means something else entirely. Maybe he just wanted somewhere to use leet speak seeing as it's not allowed in the submit-news forum.

Can't say I agree on the no font size changes rule either. There goes any special effects!

In short, this idea totally sucks. I give it a week. By the way, has this come about due to the recent severe lack of new news posts?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Yeah, we need more Fallout 3 news threads, god dammit!
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon
Location: I've got a problem with my Goggomobil. Goggo-mobil. G-O-G-G-O. Yeah, 1954. Yeah, no not the Dart.

Post by DarkUnderlord »

Another thing...

http://www.duckandcover.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6904

That by Ozrat, I can't see getting on the front page. I want to reply to it however. Can I? Nope. It'll probably get moved into GD like, some time TOMORROW when a lazy mod gets their arse into gear (why they can't check that forum every two seconds is beyond me) and by then, I'll forget my reply / won't care.

I say let us reply and then just move the whole thread into the news forum if it's deemed worthy, or move it into GD if it's deemed unworthy.

Based on this, I revise my estimate down to 5 days before the forum gets canned.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Okay, so make it like "random non-fallout related news," and everybody's happy, you bloody cynic, you.
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Hey DarkUnderlord...

STFU :evil:
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

So, like, does this mean I can post in the new Submit News forum when I update my site, and if an admin approves (of which I would assume he/she would. I mean, I'm freakin' hosted!), it'll automagically appear on the front page? I don't have to pester Kreegle/MMRW/etc. any more? Schweet.
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Max-Violence wrote:So, like, does this mean I can post in the new Submit News forum when I update my site, and if an admin approves (of which I would assume he/she would. I mean, I'm freakin' hosted!), it'll automagically appear on the front page? I don't have to pester Kreegle/MMRW/etc. any more? Schweet.
Exactly :)
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Knowing MV he'll submit his news and then still pester everyone to get them to transfer it to the main news thread anyway. :)
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Max-Violence
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Max-Violence »

requiem_for_a_starfury wrote:Knowing MV he'll submit his news and then still pester everyone to get them to transfer it to the main news thread anyway. :)
Ssssshhhhhh!!! :badgrin:
Closing our eyes forces us to look
At the darkness inside.
Our emotions always find us
Regardless of where we hide.

maxviolence@hotmail.com
http://mvmaphub.duckandcover.cx <--- Updated July 10th, 2006
Briosafreak
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Briosafreak »

Kreegle wrote:
Max-Violence wrote:So, like, does this mean I can post in the new Submit News forum when I update my site, and if an admin approves (of which I would assume he/she would. I mean, I'm freakin' hosted!), it'll automagically appear on the front page? I don't have to pester Kreegle/MMRW/etc. any more? Schweet.
Exactly :)
If that`s the case i`ll help out with news from time to time.
DarkUnderlord
Paragon
Paragon

Post by DarkUnderlord »

You know, we've got 3 threads in there now. Is there a time limit on how long they get to rot there before someone tries using the move function?

Hmmm... I think I know what's going on, this is part of an elaborate censorship campaign. They're fooling us into thinking DaC is open-minded and free-spirited by allowing us to post up any news we want. But then, they let it sit there claiming they're all too busy to use the move function!

4 days to go!

Estimated time left before existing threads get moved: 3 days.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

yea my news is pretty old by now, MORE THE PITY or something.
Temaperacl
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Temaperacl »

DarkUnderlord wrote:You know, we've got 3 threads in there now. Is there a time limit on how long they get to rot there before someone tries using the move function?
The delay is not the fault of the people who would move the threads, but due to a small glitch, caused by me, which should be resolved soon.
Why not just PM a mod/admin with your story in the first place or post your news item in GD where it can be moved later if somoene thinks it's front-page worthy?
I'd think that, In theory, this might cut down on the amount of repeat stories that they get sent. It also would let whichever news poster gets to the post first to move it instead of having to wait until whoever you PM'ed takes action.
In short, this idea totally sucks. I give it a week. By the way, has this come about due to the recent severe lack of new news posts?
No.

That by Ozrat, I can't see getting on the front page. I want to reply to it however. Can I? Nope. It'll probably get moved into GD like, some time TOMORROW when a lazy mod gets their arse into gear (why they can't check that forum every two seconds is beyond me) and by then, I'll forget my reply / won't care.
There is, of course, always the option of not reading the news submission forum, and waiting for it to be moved before you read it so you don't have this problem.
I say let us reply and then just move the whole thread into the news forum if it's deemed worthy, or move it into GD if it's deemed unworthy.
There may be some value to this suggestion, but there are problems with it as well- multiple threads on the same topic, (possible) increased risk of spam, ...

Hmmm... I think I know what's going on, this is part of an elaborate censorship campaign. They're fooling us into thinking DaC is open-minded and free-spirited by allowing us to post up any news we want. But then, they let it sit there claiming they're all too busy to use the move function!
You are on the wrong track here- you let them know you are on to their plan secretly, so they can bribe you for your silence (How do you think I became a Moderator?). By bringing it out in the open like this, that option is gone, and they are forced to silence (less elegant) and/or discredit (less simple) you..
Kreegle

Post by Kreegle »

Hey guys, for fucks sakes, we've just STARTED this new thing - we had to iron out some problems and make sure some scripts work. I'm sorry if the short delay working things out has bitterly disappointed you.

It's working now though, so STFU.

And DarkUnderlord - you lose, Megatron's and Atoga's news has been moved. You can go and get fucked :D

Thank you.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

thank TYOU!"!!
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I like this new system a lot. Good job, fools :P