"Once a time in Mexico" flat out sucked.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Rev
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

"Once a time in Mexico" flat out sucked.

Post by Rev »

Dont bother with this movie it just blows, nothing about it was beleavable. The 1st one desperado was great but this one just flat out sucked.
There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality;
and then there are those who turn one into the other. --Douglaus Everett
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

can you be a little more descriptive? why did it suck?

Post by Guest »

The first one was El Mariachi, just to get all anal retentive on your ass. (Hee. Anal retentive. On your ASS. Hee. Hee hee.)

I heard mixed feelings about the movie. Most people I talked to said it was trash, but fun trash.
Rev
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Rev »

well the part where johnny gets his eyes drilled out and instantly gets dare devil powers and can shoot his gun just as well blind as he could when he had eyes. Or when every some one got shot they would fly 10 feet in the air. I could go on an on but i suffer from lazyness.
There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality;
and then there are those who turn one into the other. --Douglaus Everett
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

Actually, taste being subjective, I thought it was excellent. First thing is it exudes style ( including the over the top action...suspend disbelief a tad fellas ). The story is very simple and effective, and actually a little somber, considering the events. ( I expected a different ending...a Hollywood ending ).

Johnny Depp is 2 for 2 this year...as he rocks in this movie ( "Can you hear me now?" ), though his performance in Pirates.. was tremendous. Him "losing his sight" and then "becoming daredevil" is nothing more than THIS characters extended abilities, as he is CIA. Each character in these movies has that certain something to make him/her unique ( Banderos and the guitar/shotgun, Salma and her knives, his brothers/friends and their flamethrower/bazooka/machine gun guitar cases. Johnny Depp's character comes across rather shifty(read:smart) but not very competent ( hard to explain...he is convincing though...[its a ruse...he's very capable] ), but when he 'suits' up its commical, offering one of the better laughs in the movie, then for him to use his significant remaining 'sense' to be an effective fighter. He wasn't leaping and flying around killing everyone...he was being led by a little boy and pretty much stood there 'listening' and making his move...he maintained his cleverness throughout til the end. Hardly Daredevil.

This is classic Rodriguez, and I'd say, equal parts Mariachi and Desperado, though I'd sway in favor of Mariachi for the 'over-the-top-ed-ness'.

Excellent quality film.

"Are you a Mexi-CAN...or a Mexi-CAN'T?"

Cheers
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

i'd rather watch cheech and chong: up in smoke
bey.
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

iohkus wrote:i'd rather watch cheech and chong: up in smoke
No, you mean you'd rather act out cheech and chong: up in smoke.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Pwnage?
Subhuman wrote:The first one was El Mariachi, just to get all anal retentive on your ass. (Hee. Anal retentive. On your ASS. Hee. Hee hee.)
Yes, El Mariachi is one of the best indie films ever made, although I'm partial to Reservoir Dogs.

I had serious thoughts about seeing this, I actually might but right now it looks like I'm renting it teh DVD.

Post by Guest »

What Green said. Teh DVD for me, too.
Kizmiaz
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Kizmiaz »

Kindly,
Ukhan Kizmiaz
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

no. Taxi Driver
bey.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

As indie films go, Resevoir Dogs is the best. $1.5 million for a movie that is cooler than any other crime movie in the decade. And Harvey Keitel, Tim Roth and Steve Buscimi to boot.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Boondock Saints. Better Crime Move. Deal With It.

Post by Guest »

I thought RD was good. Perhaps a tad overrated, but I liked it.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

ExtremeDrinker wrote:Boondock Saints. Better Crime Movie. Deal with it.
No it's not. You're An Idiot. Deal with it.

You know, I don't know much about Once A Time In Mexico, but I must say I'm actually interested in seeing it, and I don't see many action movies. I dunno... it just seems like the only action movie that's not a Matrix-rip off that looks deccent that I've heard about in a long time. But I'll see about that.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Yossarian
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Yossarian »

This movie is about Depp, not about Banderas. I liked it well enough, but didn't have no religious experience either...
Our Host!