Underworld

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Underworld

Post by avenger69ie »

just seen it, vampire and lycan movie, fairly good if yer into gothic stuff like that, the main charactor is clad in latex throughout the film, which is a bonus

anyone else seen it?
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I can't afford to go to movies...That's what the internet is for.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

i didnt go to the movies either :)
Spazmo
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Spazmo »

I've heard it's yet another Matrix rip-off (yeah, Matrix is inherently a rip-off of a kerjillion things but shaddap) with vampires and werewolves just for fun.
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

RPG Codex
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

i heard it was basically blade... except a chick

no interest at all
bey.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

I heard White Wolf sued the makers of it for ripping off their stuff. Don't know if they won though. Cool beans.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

everything with guns is now a rip off of the matrix. If there is even one scene where there is slomo shooting, or deagle(s)... everyone says it's a rip off of the matrix.
screw the matrix, let other people use their own ideas, don't say it's the matrix.
(how can you watch/do anything and not have it effect your later ideas in the slightest of ways?)
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Instead of that, why don't you just make a non-cheesy action movie without desert eagles and slow motion?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

i enjoyed it, its not a blade rip off, its not a matrix rip off, imo, its a decent original storyline involving vampires and werewolves, beats teh living shit out of anything else out right now thats for sure!

:::Interesting Vampire Fact::::
the novel Dracula, written by Dublin born Bram Stoker was based on Vlad Dragul, or Vlad the impaler as he was known. Vlad was apparently a hungarian army commander who had his enemies impaled on spikes.
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

Interesting Vampire Fact: Dracula is an INCREDIBLY BORING FUCKING BOOK. Although Dracula looks a lot like Revolver Ocelot from MGS in the book. Anyways, the movie looked kinda cheesy to me (OI AHM A DATH DEALAH...please)so I'll just wait until it comes out on basic cable. As for movies, I suggest everyone go see Open Range.
HEY WHERE THE WHITE WOMEN AT???
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

If you want Dracula movies, watch the original (Nosferatu, from 1916(?) no less), or the ever-popular Scream, Blacula, Scream.
MurPHy
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MurPHy »

The trailer looked like ass to me, but then again the trailer to Platoon wasn't all that great either. I'll rent it from my local video shop when it comes out.
Ruben Rooben Reuben
Respected
Respected

Post by Ruben Rooben Reuben »

Blacula can father my children any day.
"Get your toothbrush and whatever!" - Hans Zarkhov
Franz Schubert
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Franz Schubert »

People have to remember that this movie isn't for everyone. It's "campy". I loved the movie however.
The Gaijin wrote:Interesting Vampire Fact: Dracula is an INCREDIBLY BORING FUCKING BOOK.
Idiot. I bet you just didn't understand most of the words. What chapter did you get up to?
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

The Gaijin wrote:Interesting Vampire Fact: Dracula is an INCREDIBLY BORING FUCKING BOOK. Although Dracula looks a lot like Revolver Ocelot from MGS in the book. Anyways, the movie looked kinda cheesy to me (OI AHM A DATH DEALAH...please)so I'll just wait until it comes out on basic cable. As for movies, I suggest everyone go see Open Range.
boring book, maybe matter of opinion, and yours is a minority. also, i think you mean Ocelot looks like Dracula, not vice versa.
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

The Gaijin wrote:Interesting Vampire Fact: Dracula is an INCREDIBLY BORING FUCKING BOOK. Although Dracula looks a lot like Revolver Ocelot from MGS in the book. Anyways, the movie looked kinda cheesy to me (OI AHM A DATH DEALAH...please)so I'll just wait until it comes out on basic cable. As for movies, I suggest everyone go see Open Range.
wow a Kevin Costner movie that doesn't suck?

too good to be true?

the postman?

hmm...
bey.
Rev
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Rev »

its just another blayde/matrix rip off, if the critick's say its one of "the best films" then it sucks.
There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality;
and then there are those who turn one into the other. --Douglaus Everett
avenger69ie
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by avenger69ie »

have you seen it? or are you just saying it sucks because the critics like it?

Post by Guest »

Uh....the critics don't like it. It's at 30% on the TomatoMeter so far.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

I don't want to watch the underworld... the trailer reminds me of some shitty evanescense video. ohh go wannabe depressed goth teens plz. let's go write dark poetry and listen to slipknot omgimoriginalandsouniqe. let's go to hot topic where i can get the latest in knee high leather boots.
Our Host!