Robert Palmer is dead now..

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Robert Palmer is dead now..

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Age 54..Same as John Ritter...

Palmer is the guy who sang "Simply Irresistable" back in the 80's..Bunch of other stuff, too, but that's probably his claim to fame.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I personally liked "addicted to love" from Palmer. More irony to coincide with Ritter's death is that he also died due to a heart condition.
Harriers for the cup.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

It's a conspiracy...Taliban is poisoning the celelbrities Osama feels are our greatest assets to try and break our spirits...Gen. Colin Powell is covering it up (We all know he's really running the country.)
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Given the tons of people that are considered celebrities at any point in time, I'm surprised that more aren't reported as dying. Guess most of them fade away before their death. But it's always a good piece of nostalgic news - "Hey, don't you remember that old guy from? Well he kicked the bucket." "No shit." And then old CDs or movies or whatevers of theirs sell more for a bit. Yay.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
OnTheBounce
TANSTAAFL
TANSTAAFL

Post by OnTheBounce »

atoga wrote:And then old CDs or movies or whatevers of theirs sell more for a bit. Yay.
What makes me sick is the people who immediately try to cash in on it. The day after Gregory Peck died I did an eBay search for his name and came up w/over 4,000 auctions. The day after that I did it again and came up w/about 9,000.

While someone going out and picking up a CD/DVD/whatever because the news of that person dying put them in the mood to listen/watch/whatever that person's material is one thing, it's quite another to say, "Martha! X just died! Let's go look in the attic for memorabilia and sell it!"

Welcome to a world where everything is a commodity. The food you eat, your precious bodily fluids, your ideas, and even celebrity fetishes.

OTB
"On the bounce, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?!"
Our Host!