Nintendo Gamecube $100 !

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Alphawulf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Nintendo Gamecube $100 !

Post by Alphawulf »

http://nintendo.com/news/news_articles. ... cleID=9014

They lowered the price to about that of the GBA SP. I bought a Gamecube about a year ago for $100, but it was an used one and eventually ended up breaking and forever sitting idley below my TV. I only have 3 Game Cube games; Super Mario Melee, Resident Evil: Zero, and something else somewhere. On the other hand I have about 12 GBA games which I enjoy and play often, and my Gameboy Advance looks like it's about to go out anytime now (plus I broke the battery cover). Should I get an SP or the cheap Gamecube? Or save the $100 to help purchase an N.Gage or (eventually) computer upgrades for the upcoming PC triple A titles?

I see the X-Box as a minature, dated, computer. The Playstation 2 as a more traditional (but still easily outdone by the computer) console. Where the Nintendo consoles are just plain fun/fighting/arcadey/platform games, which the computer has yet to try to achieve.
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

Get a Neo Geo emulator and the computer is no longer outdone in arcade games. The best damned arcade game ever, Metal Slug, is my personal favourite computer game thanks to that.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

MAME is a good arcade emulator..But arcades don't come near the quality of the current console games...

I'd go for the PS2....I just got one for free, actually..Some jerkoff gave it to me because it was broken...Only thing wrong was a bad laser...$20 part for a $200 system...Good times.
Kizmiaz
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Kizmiaz »

A buddy of mine bought an old arcade cabinet and hooked up an old computer for MAME. It was an experience to play Kiki Kai Kai, Bubble Bobble and 1942 arcade style again.

Btw, go for an GBA SP. It's mobile. Or save it.
Kindly,
Ukhan Kizmiaz
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

I'd get the Gamecube: Viewtiful Joe, Metroid Prime, the new Mario Kart game, the MGS remake...I figure at least two of those have to be good, though I have little hope in the MGS remake, since Hideo Kojima has turned into a cunt.
HEY WHERE THE WHITE WOMEN AT???
Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Snake »

I'll say xbox cuz of the HDD
I use my xbox as a region-free DVD player
Most emus are ported to the xbox now
There are a few homebrew games that are fun, most are average
My fave thing is having my faves/vcd/mp3/ogg/etc file on hdd and played with xbox media player
There are some good xbox games; Dead To Rights, Deathrow, Gotham Racing, Blade II, Buffy, Evil Dead and stuff

But if you just want games get a GB if you want mobile or a cube/ps2 for a wider range of games
Last edited by Snake on Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Call me Snake"
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

Sweet merciful crap! That's $135 Canadian! ($155.25 with taxes, but who's counting?) Although I'm partial to X-box and PC, Nintendo could kick major ass.
Sankis
Respected
Respected

Post by Sankis »

Cool, I was thinking about getting one and maybe I will now, since its so cheap.
Our Host!