Underrated/Underappreciated Albums

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Is there ANY good music out there anymore?

Yes, you just have to look for it.
72%
Yes, but it exists only on Altoid VII in the Phalanx Quadrant.
4%
No. There isn't. [Sob.]
16%
Hee. Altoid.
8%

Total votes: 25

Underrated/Underappreciated Albums

Post by Guest »

Which albums kick huge amounts of ass, but for some reason have been forgotten by the general music-listening public, or written off by the critics? Recommend us some that we may have ignored otherwise.

Note: The anti-Radiohead sentiment contained herein does not reflect the views of the Duck and Cover staff or any of the Duck and Cover forum members. This is simply my waxing poetic about how pretentious post-rock needs to be stopped as soon as possible. Anyways.

Bjork, Homogenic. Dudes. Just listen to it. Because seriously? It totally blows Radiohead's O.K. Computer out of the water, even though the latter received all the awards for 1997. Fuck the awards. Buy this album. It took my breath away from the moment I pressed the Play button.

Garbage, Version 2.0. Sure, the critics liked it and it charted fairly well, but who remembers it nowadays? Time to catch up.

Collective Soul, Seven Year Itch. Honest-to-God catchy '90s rock. Seven #1 hits, plus fabulous extras! What more could you ask for?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

StrungOut96
SDF!
SDF!

Post by StrungOut96 »

Bjork? have you ever seen that woman do an interview? holy shit. she has to be one of the stupidest people alive. im pretty sure i got stupider by just listening to her talk.

anywaysss...i got the new a perfect circle cd the other day and its amazing. maynard is a genious. so there still is some good music out there, you just have to look hard.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

:chew:

Post by Guest »

Bjork? have you ever seen that woman do an interview? holy shit. she has to be one of the stupidest people alive. im pretty sure i got stupider by just listening to her talk.
Keep in mind she's foreign. Maybe that had something to do with it.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

Knifing Around has to be the best space ghost - coast to coast episode ever, excepting maybe Chambrane

<3 Bjork
Bridgeburner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Bridgeburner »

my underrated album of the day is:

dunno if it's underrated it's just that so few people seem to know it.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Bridgeburner wrote:my underrated album of the day is:
dunno if it's underrated it's just that so few people seem to know it.
decksandrumsandwhatever is ok, most of the people probably only recognize the Matrix tune though. if you ask me, I don't think it was anything special as a whole, most of it was pretty average, not especially good but not really bad either. there were a few gems and that's about it? can't say it's overrated at least
iohkus
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by iohkus »

lol one of my friends likes Bjork so we all call him gay but then realize that were his friends so that wouldn't look too good, so now we just say he's a flit.

queens of the stone age = best hard rock since, MC5?

the strokes = yeah, only 1 album but uknow?

the hives = yeah, only a complete stooges rip off but uknow?

i listen to more "dead" music then what's out therenow, there will never be music like The Doors, Hendrix, Zeppelin so don't get your panties in a knot trying to look for them, just settle with what u have, i need to get some Hellacopters omg.lewl

other great hard rock instigators:

Black Sabbath = yeah when ozzy made sense and sounded cool and wasn't a complete fucking senile, toni iomi fucking owns with his missing-finger-tips guitar godliness

Blue Cheer = acid rock in it's purest form, the blur between garage rock, proto-punk and all out metal

13th Floor Elevators = more psychedelic then that time u ate 8 grams of shrooms and thought your penis was trying to eat your scrotom, OUCHIE WOO

SRC = pioneers of that flanged guitar thing, uknow? BEEEMWWAOAOMAM. etc...

uh who else

yeah the kinks were okay but i mean, too mainstream = lame

uknow?

OH SNAP I ALMOST FORGOT CREAM, OMG CREAM. OMGOGMOGOGMOG!

lol i forgot pink floyd, lol, lol. ... now i gotta go face up aisles 1 - 7 for 5 hours, kthxbye
bey.
Ernesto
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Ernesto »

The best movie soundtrack ever.
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by requiem_for_a_starfury »

Nah the best movie soundtrack is Flash Gordon by Queen, with their Highlander soundtrack a close second.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

anything by bright eyes.
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Silver
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Silver »

Mr. Green wrote:Image

The best movie soundtrack ever.
Omg I had that in my hands 5 min ago. GJ.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Yeah, I'm quite fond of the Clockwork Orange soundtrack myself, it has some good parts. As for other soundtracks? I like ones from Tarantino movies also, that's about it.
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

Fat of the Land-The Prodigy: I suggest it for everyone who thinks techno sucks...because while most of it does The Prodigy makes up for every shitty Chemical Brothers record out there.

Self titled-Gorillaz: You remember the "cartoon band"? Yeah, it turns out they had some talent. The feel of the CD changes-literally-from song to song, going from hard rock to synth and beyond. Plus, the art's actually pretty cool...and fuck you if you think otherwise.

I'm glad someone mentioned The Hives, they're one of the few new bands that seem to have some actual talent and aren't just overproduced garbage. I'd add some more but I can't think of anything else off the top of my head that most of you don't know already rocks. (Johnny Cash, pre-80s Rolling Stones, AC/DC, anal fisting, etc.)
HEY WHERE THE WHITE WOMEN AT???
Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Mandalorian FaLLouT GoD »

They dont make good music anymore. i mean who the hell actually listens to todays music and thinks "wow thats original" when everything is ripped off from older groups.
Blargh wrote:While the way in which the stance is made could be done with at least a pretense of civility - being far more conducive to others actually paying attention than copious swearing - it just wouldn't be Mandy otherwise.
S4ur0n27 wrote:Dexter is getting MFG'ed for the first time D:
Koki wrote:He must be Mandallorian FaLLouT God'ded ASAP :salute:
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Stainless »

I'm quite fond of that 28 Days Later soundtrack.

Starship Troopers soundtrack isn't too bad either.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

With metal bands, their second album is usually *abs0lutely* golden.
Why? Well, usually first one is kinda... well, icky, because the band is just starting out. But the second one still holds most of the "youth's energy" in it. They still bother to put some soul in the songs but the actual creative process isn't so painful.

You got to agree with me on this one, hey look at Ride The Lightning, Hatebreeder, For all Tid etc. etc.
Kizmiaz
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by Kizmiaz »

Mr. Green wrote:The best movie soundtrack ever.
Especially "The Thieving Magpie".
Kindly,
Ukhan Kizmiaz
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I like donnie darko soundtrack, 80S CLASSICS DONE BY MODERN DAY LONELY MEN more bang for your buck than spending it with a PROFSEHUNAL LADY ;)

i also like requiem for a dream song

i listened to white stripes a minute ago and they did a video that looks like clockwork orange cover OMG!
:chew:
Our Host!