Underrated/Underappreciated Albums

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

Is there ANY good music out there anymore?

Yes, you just have to look for it.
72%
Yes, but it exists only on Altoid VII in the Phalanx Quadrant.
4%
No. There isn't. [Sob.]
16%
Hee. Altoid.
8%

Total votes: 25

Snake
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Snake »

Kashluk wrote:With metal bands, their second album is usually *abs0lutely* golden.
Why? Well, usually first one is kinda... well, icky, because the band is just starting out. But the second one still holds most of the "youth's energy" in it. They still bother to put some soul in the songs but the actual creative process isn't so painful.

You got to agree with me on this one, hey look at Ride The Lightning, Hatebreeder, For all Tid etc. etc.
Waht about Machine Head?
Burn My Eyes is a classic post hardcore/metal abum of all time
The hardcore roots in the lyrics and some of the music is great
Also depends whether you like the band or not

- Anyway back on topic
If you are happy to listen to what computers run by record companys tell you to listen to
Then I laugh at you and its like whatever
At the end of the day what does it matter, I don't have to listen to it and life right or wrong goes on

But I'm listening to the new Type O Negative album "Life Is Killing Me" and loving it

As for garbage, not interested at all
Check out a band called Curve who did all that years before garbage ever did and without all the wank
No studio nonsense is gone and its kinda goth with My Bloody Valentine guitars
And don't forget to check this
"Call me Snake"
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

yea we all listen to really mainstream stuff, I'm glad record companys are giving away free music, this is a way to make millions of sales thnx
:chew:

Post by Guest »

Snake wrote:As for garbage, not interested at all
Check out a band called Curve who did all that years before garbage ever did and without all the wank
No studio nonsense is gone and its kinda goth with My Bloody Valentine guitars
I have checked out Curve - Come Clean is a terrific album, and Doppelganger is in the mail. But I honestly don't see how they're so similar to Garbage. Curve is much more shoegazing (at least their early stuff), while Garbage is more electro-rock. And while they both incorporate electronic elements, I just think Garbage has catchier tunes. What would really kick ass is if they collaborated, maybe on a track for Garbage's upcoming album? God, that would rock.

(Hey, The Cuckoo's Nest is on my Favorites list. Haven't been there in a while.)

I bought Loveless (MBV's 1991 album) a few weeks ago. Apparently it takes a while to really get into. Either way, the "army of guitars" sound they have is....well, it's plain cool.
satanisgreat
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by satanisgreat »

There actually is good music out there. Even some of the more "mainstream" bands are pretty good. It's just a matter of sorting through fifty shitty bands to get to the one you like. White Stipes kick ass, as do Rancid and Dropkick Murphys.

Post by Guest »

I think the White Stripes are overrated. I mean, I like "Seven Nation Army" as much as the next guy, but the hype machine is running on overdrive for those two. Every paper I read proclaimed Elephant as some sort of masterpiece, and....no.

I bought The Yeah Yeah Yeah's debut Fever To Tell yesterday. They're like the White Stripes, but a bit wilder.
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

The Kills > The White Stripes...
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Our Host!