Harry Goz is dead.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Harry Goz is dead.

Post by Megatron »

Harry Goz the voice of Captain Hank Murphy Image on Cartoon Network's Sealab 2021, passed away this week. The cause of death is unknown. The official Adult Swim message board posted these comments by series creators Adam Reed and Matt Thompson:

"We are devastated by the loss of our good friend, Harry Goz. Working with him was always sheer joy, and his talent was beyond compare. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family, and we shall all miss him dearly."

Goz was a many of many talents, and his career spanned stage, film, television and radio:

- He played supporting roles on the TV series Wiseguy and Ned and Stacy, with guest appearances on Third Watch, Law & Order, Tales From The Darkside, and Kojak.
- He portrayed Alfred Steele in the 1981 Joan Crawford biopic, Mommie Dearest, with Faye Dunnaway.
- He co-starred in the 1970 Broadway musical, Two By Two, alongside Danny Kaye and Madeline Kahn.
- He did a good deal of commercial voiceovers for radio and TV as well as narration for books-on-tape.

And while fans of Sealab 2021 will remember him most as the voice of Captain Hazel "Hank" Murphy, Goz also performed incidental voices for the animated films Buster & Chauncey's Silent Night (1998) and Aaron's Magic Village (1997).

An industry friend of Goz, recording engineer Roy Yokelson, posted his condolences on The Voice Actor Appreciation Group:

"I worked many times with Harry Goz on advertising spots and promos. But the first time I saw [him] was back in the 1960's when he was starring in Fiddler On The Roof on Broadway in New York City. As I told him - he will always be my Tevya. A great talent - and a real nice guy - he will be sorely missed.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I bet spazmo and ghetto goose are going to have to cry themselves to sleep now.
The Gaijin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by The Gaijin »

I know I will.

JESUS CAN TALENTED PEOPLE STOP DYING PLZ K THNX
HEY WHERE THE WHITE WOMEN AT???
Forty-six & Two
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Forty-six & Two »

The Gaijin wrote:I know I will.

JESUS CAN TALENTED PEOPLE STOP DYING PLZ K THNX
The generations before us are being snuffed out... soon we will be the masters of the future!! What we will do will shape earths history and maybe even the hsitory of the universe as space travel continues to evolve!! Stand and be counted for!! A new generation has stood up and has taken up the gavel!!! WE are now the judges of trials to come!!! We will take the universe!!

Ahm.. yeah. Or something. To bad bout that guy btw.
axelgreese
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by axelgreese »

hook a brutha up with some linkage?
BlackDog
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by BlackDog »

hehe i was about to say...WHO?!?

:oops: :p :lol:
SuperH
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

Post by SuperH »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO<snip>O

Today is the worst DAY EVER. NO! Sealab... dear beautiful sealab... omgno::suicides::

-Edited by Spazmo: STOP BREAKING PHPBB!
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

Damn you and your idiotic string of O's.
Our Host!