Half-Life 2 benchmarks released, trailer inside.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
PerroViejo
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by PerroViejo »

Whoa. Just Whoa.
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

Saint : I drive stick....but I'm talking about the performance of the vehicle, not the driver. ;)

Gandhi : Not sure which demo you mean, but I clearly qualified my statement with examples of superior AI, which is what? 3?! out of how many hundreds of games? I hope Stalker does some wonderful stuff, but I have my doubts, and thats from a professional standpoint, not a HL fanboy perspective. HL1 already proved their AI was solid as hell.

Out of all the games in the world over the past twenty years that have claimed they have this amazing AI and consistently failed to deliver, what info do you have that none of us have that Stalker is finally 'It'?? Because they said so?

Cheers
T-900
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by T-900 »

Halflife is more about physics than graphics.. the model's look great, but the levels simple look like HalfLife1 with 10x the poly's.

I've used steam extencively at a friends house. It's been released almost simultaneously with CounterStrike 1.6... And the new CS is even worse than steam ;) A riot shield that basically activates 'god mode'... the two new weapons are 4x better than any other weapon in the game... Goodbye balance, hello happy newbies. Even pressing duck in spectator mode de-activates your keyboard until both Steam and the mod are restarted and reconnected...

Diediedie. Sadly I will never be able to play DIII/HL2/Stalker... Can't afford a pc in the foreseeable future (3 years+) :cry:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

yea before cs1.6 it was sooooo good and stuff full of really kewl d00ds who enjoyed the game and stuff FUX!

ALSO HALF LIFE 2 IS OBVIOUSLY THE SAME AS HALF LIFE 1 WITH BETTER TEXTURES AND PHYSICS, THANK YOU COMMANDER FOR YOUR INSIGHT
:chew:
Smiley
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Smiley »

Diediedie. Sadly I will never be able to play DIII/HL2/Stalker... Can't afford a pc in the foreseeable future (3 years+)
Your time will come.. like all of us at some point you'll have to get a *gasp* job, or welfare and then *poof*, new computer.
Testicular Pugilist
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

Nuclear Gandhi wrote:A demo isn't even out EvoG. So you and I cannot make assumptions on even the AI. You would have to see how it works in the enviroment.

I haven't found ANYTHING talking about the individual enemy AI. Only stuff about the world controller AI. So yeah, until the demo. (That is if there even IS a demo.)
EvoG, I meant in the near future. I'm just saying not to make any assumptions. Though I DO realize that HL2 AI will probably bet better than S:OL's, I was mostly talking about the innovation of the world controller AI.
EvoG
Developer GOD
Developer GOD

Post by EvoG »

Thats what I'm asking...What innovation? Every developer has at one point said their AI was innovative. What makes you believe these guys when they say the exact same thing as the others, and the others failed to deliver anything innovative on any level? Seriously..."world controller AI" or "uber AI of thinking" or whatever they want to call it...whats different about GSC saying it or Developer X saying it? GSC has no track record making a game like this...Valve clearly does, and not just any game, but considered by many THE best fps ever made ( if not best game in some camps ). GSC is an expert in AI all of a sudden because they said so? Its going to be good AI cuz they said so? I've played HL as did all of you probably, so we have a very good idea of what HL2 is going to be like.

Cheers
Saint_Proverbius
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Saint_Proverbius »

Carmack says nVidia r teh suxx0rz 4 DX9:
John 'Sherman' Carmack wrote:Unfortunately, it will probably be representative of most DX9 games. Doom has a custom back end that uses the lower precisions on the GF-FX, but when you run it with standard fragment programs just like ATI, it is a lot slower. The precision doesn't really matter to Doom, but that won't be a reasonable option in future games designed around DX9 level hardware as a minimum spec.
Hah hah!
------------------
Killzig
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Killzig »

LOL! captain vaporware... so $$$
The answer to your first question is shaddup.
Nuclear Gandhi
Banned Bitch
Banned Bitch

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

EvoG wrote:Thats what I'm asking...What innovation? Every developer has at one point said their AI was innovative. What makes you believe these guys when they say the exact same thing as the others, and the others failed to deliver anything innovative on any level? Seriously..."world controller AI" or "uber AI of thinking" or whatever they want to call it...whats different about GSC saying it or Developer X saying it? GSC has no track record making a game like this...Valve clearly does, and not just any game, but considered by many THE best fps ever made ( if not best game in some camps ). GSC is an expert in AI all of a sudden because they said so? Its going to be good AI cuz they said so? I've played HL as did all of you probably, so we have a very good idea of what HL2 is going to be like.

Cheers
Once again, you misunderstand me. I said before that I could not predict how good it's going to be, I only meant that if it IS as good as they say it is, it'll be terrific.

The game has great potential.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

they made something called project venom or something, you and this npc buddy d00d went into this military underground research centre and killed aliens?
:chew:
Our Host!